ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Ceremony 26th November at Killarney

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Next Ceremony 26th November at Killarney

Post by M7edShin » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:36 pm

2pac4ever wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:32 pm
M7edShin
My advice to you at this time would be just to wait. Your application hasn't reached the second stage yet and until then there is not much you can do apart from waiting. I know there's a ceremony looming around but there's nothing really you can do to speed things up. in fact if you look over this forum you will see that there're people who have been waiting since 216. Given that you only applied in last November i don't think there's any sign that your application is being delayed yet.
I was worry if takes that long as it was written in their website that process takes 6 months but yeah when i saw and read people comment, I know all I need to do is waiting. 😊 Anyway, will see what happens.

👍

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 pm

well, 6 months is for "straightfoward" applications but then what qualifies such applications is unknown and as a result people are speculating and it isn't helpful at all. All you can do is to wait and enjoy the ride!

rli0987
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rli0987 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Has anyone received the invitation letter or has called the citizenship office to enquire on the same?

Kib
Newly Registered

Post by Kib » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Invitations are sent 4 to 5 weeks ahead of the date of ceremony. I would be expecting invites to be coming out during the last fortnight of October

rli0987
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rli0987 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am

I heard from someone that they have received the ceremony invite. Has anyone else received the invite?

Shehz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shehz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi guys . I got my approval letter in first week of September asking me submit gnib card , 950 fees and photos . Within 10 days in order to be included in the next ceremony Which I sent them back the very next day by registered post .i still haven’t received any receipt of 950 euro or an invite to next ceremony . Do they normally send out acknowledgement receipt of 950 euros after receiving it in Tipperary ?? Should I call citz dept confirming the receipt of my Gnib card etc or just wait and hope invitation will arrive in the coming weeks . Thank you

PickledCucumber
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by PickledCucumber » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Shehz wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi guys . I got my approval letter in first week of September asking me submit gnib card , 950 fees and photos . Within 10 days in order to be included in the next ceremony Which I sent them back the very next day by registered post .i still haven’t received any receipt of 950 euro or an invite to next ceremony . Do they normally send out acknowledgement receipt of 950 euros after receiving it in Tipperary ?? Should I call citz dept confirming the receipt of my Gnib card etc or just wait and hope invitation will arrive in the coming weeks . Thank you
My husband got his approval letter in August and sent the fee, etc straightaway. He didn’t get a receipt either. He emailed INIS and they replied that they received everything. He’s still awaiting an invite to the ceremony too.

WaterWrit
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by WaterWrit » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:28 pm

In the same boat as many here. I sent the 975 euro (recorded delivery) on Sept 25th, hoping for an invite to the next ceremony soon.

Shehz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shehz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi did you get an acknowledgement or a receipt when you sent it on 25 th sept by recorded delivery ??

WaterWrit
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by WaterWrit » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:57 pm

No, I didn't receive anything back. I believe you can drop them an email if you want to confirm they've received it all.

Shehz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shehz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Thank you for your reply , looks like it’s not a normal procedure for them to send receipts of 950 I will just wait it out for a while . Will email them if I still don’t hear anything by the 25 th oct

Salim74
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Salim74 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:41 am

Hi everybody ..i applied in feb 18 got reference id 2 weeks after .then in september they asked for details of income ..no more news since

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 am

Shehz wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:16 pm
Thank you for your reply , looks like it’s not a normal procedure for them to send receipts of 950 I will just wait it out for a while . Will email them if I still don’t hear anything by the 25 th oct
WaterWrit wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:57 pm
No, I didn't receive anything back. I believe you can drop them an email if you want to confirm they've received it all.
They actually supposed to send you receipt of payment, which I understood from many that it means you're reserved for next ceremony (if you receive it) - I sent mind 3-4 weeks ago and they have send receipt 1 week later so now I'm waiting for invitation letter! - Good luck for all!

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 am

Did anyone get invitation letters?

Shehz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shehz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:48 am

I’m a bit confused here as some of the people I know say they did not receive any receipts or acknowledgement of 950 euro , where as couple of people have posted here that they have received receipts for 950 . I don’t know what is correct .

JHol
Newly Registered

Post by JHol » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:11 pm

I attended the ceremony in May.

You will be given the receipt of 950 payment on the day of the Ceremony along with your certificate of Naturalization.
After sending 950 and your GNIB, next you should receive a letter of invitation to the ceremony.

Shehz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shehz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Thank you so much that answers my query 😀

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:53 pm

A lot of people seem to have received their approvals but it looks like they’ve stopped sending them out...

Paash
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Paash » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 am

gorgeous wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:53 pm
A lot of people seem to have received their approvals but it looks like they’ve stopped sending them out...
it seems like they have done sending letters for now)

I applied back in November 2017, got the confirmation letter that the application has moved to the next stage but got nothing else since then.
Kinda stopped hoping to make it to this year's ceremony(

Can you guys share the email where I can ask for a status of application? is it the one - citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

How soon they normally reply (do they?)

Thanks!

Paash
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Paash » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 am

M7edShin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Hannon wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:24 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:23 am
Morning guys,

I hope this message finds you well.

I would like to ask you from you experience because it makes me worry when I read your comment guys. I applied for the citizenship on Nov 17 and I got the letter about initial stage where they said my application is in the process now (I believe all my documents were fine as they never asked me to provide them anything). The thing is, I have not heard from them since then, it's going to be a year waiting for them also I have been reading some people received second stage approval thing? I have not got that. Additionally, I read recently that they do not send you second stage approval, only invitation if you application went in the process from first as long as they do not ask you for additional documents then it's in the process until they give you the decision either invitation to cermony or refusal letter thing.

Can you please advise me what to do or I just keep waiting?

Thanks alot
Did you try contacting them directly? You must have a reference number on the letter you received: give them a call and ask about your application.
Yes, I have got my reference number, I have not contacted them but I have emailed them today and will see what they will tell me. I will update you guys here if they give me a useful answer.

Thanks
any news since?

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am

M7edShin wrote:
any news since?
Hi there,

Yeah, I have emailed them on (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie).

I emailed them requesting update on my application as I am worried that I got no answer since they give me the reference number, I sent email on 29/9/2018 and they replied back on 03/10/2018 as you see few days which is great and quick response.

Their reply was:

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Which means I am definitely not in this ceremony (Hopefully next one). I do not know if we are in a Queue to the minister to sign it up or else.

Anyway, I believe the long waiting period vary (from a country to another) based where you come from .

If they are running checks on you in Ireland, it's a matter of few days, within the system but to check you in your original country, that takes ages, that's what I presume.

Email them and let me know what they have told you.

Regards

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am
M7edShin wrote:
any news since?
Hi there,

I emailed them requesting update on my application as I am worried that I got no answer since they give me the reference number, I sent email on 29/9/2018 and they replied back on 03/10/2018 as you see few days which is great and quick response.

Their reply was:

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Which means I am definitely not in this ceremony (Hopefully next one). I do not know if we are in a Queue to the minister to sign it up or else.

Anyway, I believe the long waiting period vary (from a country to another) based where you come from .

If they are running checks on you in Ireland, it's a matter of few days, within the system but to check you in your original country, that takes ages, that's what I presume.

Regards
Called office today as I was told the same status that it’s ready to be submitted to minister since last 1 month . Wa stood that it’s not submitted yet and little chance that u will get invite for next ceremony . Ceremony invite will go out next week
It’s a shame how this dept work . More than a year now . Straightforward case and still no approval

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 am

Gogreen81 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am
M7edShin wrote:
any news since?
Hi there,

Their reply was:

Regards
Called office today as I was told the same status that it’s ready to be submitted to minister since last 1 month . Wa stood that it’s not submitted yet and little chance that u will get invite for next ceremony . Ceremony invite will go out next week
It’s a shame how this dept work . More than a year now . Straightforward case and still no approval
Mine is also straightforward so I don't know why they're taking so long. Also, I don't think they'll start sending out invitations so soon

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 pm

There is nothing indicating what qualifies a straightforward application however, my assumption is that two factors rely on the answer of an application, 1. Your original country (I believe they do check up on you where you are born and it depends from a country to another, might be quick or slow but you can imagine how the world works these days :?) 2. Your number in the queue after the check up is done.

That's what I believe but might be wrong. However, enjoy the waiting. I gave up about this ceremony hopefully next one then :mrgreen:

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Have given up as well for this ceremony based on their response on phone .