ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Good character, refusal and aftermath

Post by Rosh2018 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Hello everyone,
I am going to apply for citizenship, when is come to good character, how many years of the history taken into accounts, I was force to help a banned group which is deceased 10 years ago, it happened 10 years ago. I my self did not involve any activities but had a connection, when i applied for ILR, I said no as i wasnt commit anything but I have seen some post here, that people who had similar cases been refused. if that so, what happens afterwards, 10 years ban or reconsider. please give me your advice. Thank you

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Good character, refusal and aftermath

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Don't know the nature of your group so cannot comment. something like this there is no strict timeline or guidance how long can this be "cleared". All of this is up to HO decision. No one knows.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 pm

For good character there is no time limit to what the Home Office will consider. The concept of "spent convictions" doesn't apply. Note that ILR is under Immigration rule, Citizenship is under Nationality Law which is more strict. If there is an issue they will normally advise when you might be able to re-apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Post by Rosh2018 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you, I have got ILR, which means, I won't be having any issues for citizenship. I am actually frustrated, I am going to apply by end of this month, I am going to say No to QS, 3.10, AS I wasn't involved in any criminal activities, lets hope for the best.

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Good character

Post by Rosh2018 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I am sorry being a pain, I have to apply for naturalisation by end of this month, I was given ILR as a refugee settlement, my asylum was given on the basis of my connection with an organization called LTTE, they were fighting against Srilankan govt. this group never been a threat to western GOVT or countries. I was force to help them but I havn't invloved in any military, financial or a member of that group, in my HO screening interview, when they asked me a question, I have told them, I did support LTTE, this group no longer exists. deceased almost 10 years ago. when apply for ILR, my soliciter ticked NO to the question about terrorism, now I have to apply naturalization I don't know what to do. do I need to say yes or no??? I am confused as I am seeing in this forum, people have been refused related to this matter, if I put NO as like ILR application what will happen? it would be grateful to advice me on this, I am sorry being a pain.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: Good character

Post by equitydealer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 am

LTTE may not exist anymore as a functioning organisation but it’s still listed as a proscribed group:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sations--2

Section 3.10 and 3.11 of the application form
asks about any support for terrorist organisations in the past, from what you’ve said and your use of the word ‘support’ you’ll have to tick yes to these and explain further in the comments box. It has to tie up with what you said in your asylum application otherwise your application will be rejected.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Post by Rosh2018 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Thank you, all I did, was helped them get medicine, as I was working under their controlled area, i sated this in my asylum case, also I was forced to help them, I never had any view of terrorism. I never helped them military or financially, to be honest with you, i did know the definition of terrorism until I came to UK, and show what happening around the world. if I am being honest with HO, do you think, They will accept my application or still be refused, all i need a full passport, i can't use Srilankan passport as i am a refugee, travelling with a travel document is a nightmare. if they refused me, how long ban I'll be getting, please advice me, I am stressed. just to made up my mind for whats comes ahead, Thank you

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Nobody can be sure on chances, you just have to be open and honest as regards to your involvement in your citizenship application and it must align with the statement you provided in your asylum application.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi,
I am in the same situation. I have already applied for British Citizenship but I ticked ‘no’ to all terrorism related questions. I am so worried now whether my application may be rejected. Could you please tell me what happened to your application?
Thanks