ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa-Online application help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa-Online application help please

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 am

Hi Seagul sure.Thanks a lot for the reply.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am

bigben1982 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:50 pm
Hi Londoner 007 and CR001,

Thanks again.

My salary information in details,

April 2018 to up until end of July 2018 £28746/year

April Basic pay £2395.50 and overtime £558.65

May Basic pay £2395.50

June Basic pay £2395.50 and course travel expenses claim £19.70

New pay from July £29177/year

July Basic pay £2431.42

August Basic pay £2431.42,course expenses claim £18.00 and Basic pay arrears £107.76

September Basic pay £2431.42

I have already received the employer letter from HR confirming salary increments.

Please kindly advice me know which figure is my salary I should enter for the question,income from salaried employment in the UK,category A?I am really confused with this calculation,Sorry it may sounds silly but I would like to get all your advice please.
Could any forum experts kindly advice me regarding this post please?I am really not sure how to meet financial requirements.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Dear forum experts,
I delayed submitting online application(VAF4A)due to issues on my bank statements.

1) I kept receiving statements with the wrong opening balance for a particular period.Therefore,atlast today I managed to get my last 6 months bank statements printed and stamped every single page but not signed by the bank today.However,only first page shows my address and account details rest of the pages are just transactions.Is this still ok?

2)If I get a yes from you for the last question,I can submit my online application tomorrow.

Timeline will be like,

Payslips submission for April,May,June,July,August and September.Last payslip date is 26/09/2018.

Bank statements received today for the period 03/04/2018-16/10/2018.

Received employer letter and payslips stamped and signed by HR on 06/10/2018.

Am I ok for submission tomorrow?

3)When Home office receive mine and my Mrs documents at Sheffield,my last payslip will be more likely out of 28 days limit subject to biometric appointment date.Is that still ok?

4)If I receive my October payslip by the time I send documents to Sheffield,can I add it with the bundle?

Please kindly advice me.Thanks.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:38 pm

1 - Stamped is fine, it does not need to be signed
2 - You are within the 28 day rule until around the 24th October so submit it soon if everything else is in order
3 - Is within 28 days rule
4 - No do not add new payslip so submit up until the 29 Sept payslips
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks ever so much Londoner007.I am so grateful to you forever.I will update here about online submission and further on.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09 am

Just to add the 28 day counter stops on the online application submission date and the bio-metrics date does not affect this rule.

Make sure you submit your support documents after the bio-metrics have been taken. Within 2 weeks for priority and 4 weeks for non-priority. Use RoyalMail if possible.

All the best.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks very so much Londoner007.
Final checks before applying.Sorry about the long post.

Online application submission today.

My Mrs will take the following documents for her biometric submission.I am not sure which documents VAF application centre will keep it.She will send rest of the documents to me then I will send it to Sheffield with my documents.

1. Printed online application VAF4A
2. 4 passport photos
3. Original passport
4. TB certificate
5.Degree certificate original
6.Language of instruction letter written by her university
7.UKNARIC English language proficiency statements
8.UKNARIC UK level qualification comparability statement(C1 level)
9.Biometric appointment receipt
10.Visa application payment receipt
11.Cover letter written by applicant(she will sign and date it on the day of biometric appointment)

As a sponsor I will be providing following documents.

1.Printed appendix 2 of VAF4A

2.Copy of my biometric ID(certified by post office)

3.Copies of my passport certified by post office showing my main pages,alterations page and pages showing the stamps for my travel back home and back to UK.
* I am not sending my passport just because i will be traveling back home in December.I will take roaming So home office may be able to contact me while I am there.

Financial requirements proofs:

4. Last 6 months bank statements,printed at the bank and stamped by them on every single page(03/04-16/10)

5. Last 6 months payslips(April included-September including),stamped and signed by HR admin who deals with payslips.

6.Employer letter written by the same HR admin person confirming my job title,work period,permanent,payslips genuine and pays rise after NHS pay deal.

Accommodation proof:

7.Letter written by landlord confirming the property description,enough space for 2 people to reside,exclusively occupied by myself,tenancy period ending July 2019 also confirming after it will be rolling contract if I wish to stay further on,rent details and importantly giving permission for my Mrs to move in subject to receiving her visa.

8.Tenancy agreement original on my name only

9.Latest water bill

10.Latest electricity bill

11.Coucil tax statement showing that I am paying single person discount and payment details.

12.E-Mail confirmation by electoral register confirming that they accepted my application and will add my name on the electoral register in September.

Subsisting relationship proofs:

13.Wedding invitation original

14.Civil Wedding and church Wedding photos original and attached copies of those photos on A4 sheets,4pages printed double sided.

15.Viber chat screen shots (May 2017-14/10/2018).A4 size 35 pages printed both side,approximately 4-6 screenshots per month.Please note we became friends in December 2016 however I proposed to her in April 2017.Therefore only submitting proofs from May 2017.

16. Story line on A4 sheets,attached photos taken since I landed in my home country for my wedding until I came back to UK.Descriptions with date next to photos taken by us,4 pages double side prints.

17.Money transfer receipt PDF copies(August 2017-October 2018)

18.Some of the original postal envelopes sent between us throughout our relationship.Not including cards.

19.Couple of hotel booking receipts and booking confirmation received by email.

20.Flight itineraries received via email for December 2016 and August 2018 travel to back home.

21.Cover letter written by myself

22.Original marriage certificate in Tamil

23.English translation of married certificate,certified by foreign ministry back home and consulate general in U.K.

24.Birth certificate original an der translated copy of my Mrs.

Thanks for reading this long post.

Is there anything I am missing here?
Please kindly advice me.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm

If you are posting from within UK, For Bio-metrics your wife just needs to take with her:

- Appointment Letter
- Passport
- 2x Passport Photo
- Printed copy of Online Application
- Application payment proof

She ONLY submits her bio-metrics and Passport at VFS NOTHING else, otherwise sometimes they end up posting from India and then when you post from UK there is 2 bundles.

She is free to take other docs with her but make sure she does not submit them.

35 pages is a bit too much for screenshots, I'd recommend no more than 10-15 pages - everything else on the list looks good

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi Londoner007,

Yes,I will be submitting documents from UK after receiving her documents from Srilanka.Sure,I will ask her to take only the items you have mentioned for biometric submission.

I will reduce the screenshots.
Thanks a lot 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:46 pm

No probs, if you have any other queries let us know.

Make sure you ask your wife to sign up for the SMS service at the VFS so that they keep her informed about the application. It costs around 460 Lankan Rupees for this service, well worth it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:40 pm

I will disagree in attaching birth certificates either applicant or sponsor while will recommend to attach as much as possible print outs of whatsapp & Viber chat.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks ever so much Londoner007 :)

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:40 pm
I will disagree in attaching birth certificates either applicant or sponsor while will recommend to attach as much as possible print outs of whatsapp & Viber chat.
Thanks for the advice Seagul.Is there anything like document bundle should be within a certain weight or so?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm

bigben1982 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:50 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:40 pm
Thanks for the advice Seagul.Is there anything like document bundle should be within a certain weight or so?
Royal mail medium parcel's price cover until 20 kg then why don't the applicant attach as much as possible especially relating to subsisting relationship.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 am

Because too much information is not always a good thing. It's all about stream lining your application with relevant information.

The ECO is looking to see you had kept in touch regularly throughout your time apart from each other, thus genuinely in a relationship. They do not want to 100000 pages of messages about how much you love or hate each other.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

IHS section issues-Spouse visa

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Londoner007 and Seagul thanks for your advice.I just confirmed my Mrs spouse visa application.

So far,

Online application completed.

Declaration signed.She just typed her name there,does she needs to sign it in that box after printing?

BRP collection location confirmed.

Biometric appointment booked.

Pay for IHS...Here My Mrs details are automatically filled up in the IHS section.However under the main application section there is this section,

"You're joining or remaining with this person in the UK".

Here,if I put my ILR expiry date,it asks me to fill my other details.Problem here is "Visa route" and "Visa type",there are no options for people holding ILR.Very strange.

That page says,"The information taken from your visa application can’t be changed or removed. If you’d like to change or remove this information you must start your visa application again."

I can't print or open the application and start from the beginning.Application and declaration sections are no more amendable.

How can I start a new visa application?
She has already got the GWF no.If I create new application,is this not going to be a big issue already having a GWF no against my Mrs name?

I am looking forward your advice please.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:42 pm

You were supposed to select Applying alone

You will need to start a new application with a new email address

Declaration page needs to be signed by the Wife

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:09 pm

HI Londoner007 yes apppying alone option will be available if you just open his page on it's own but here when you get to the IHS payment page,all my Mrs details are taken from the application and filled automatically.

Under that this section comes,

The person you are joining or remaining with in the U.K.

Here there is no options for people holding ILR.

My question is,

QWF no details for this application,is it not going to be an issue if I use a new email and fill a new application?
What happens to this application?
Declaration you can't sign digitally in the computer.My Mrs just entered her full name in the signature box.Is it ok?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:17 pm

A application isnt complete until submitted and paid. Not quiet sure but if you are ILR you are settled citizen of UK. You can get the wife to sign it and email it to you then you just attach the signature pages to the application in UK.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

IHS Spouse visa payment issue for sponsor with ILR

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi Londoner007,
IHS problem sorted.

I started a new application using the same login going to "Applying for myself".

There,I had to fill everything and ended up at IHS payment page.I am writing this in details so the people who go through the same situation will make use of this info I am going to provide.

When you get to the IHS payment page,applicant details will be automatically filled by the system using the information you provided on the application.Still you have to manually fill,title of the applicant and confirm you are not applying to stay in Guernsey and some other place.Then on the summary page,there is a section to be filled under the applicant's information,which is,

Are you applying to join or remain with the person already in the UK?Add the person's details.
Do not touch this if you have ILR status.I am confirming this here,you don't have to fill this section if you have ILR.Other sponsor's holding other status except ILR have to fill this section.Just incase if an ILR holder gets to fill this section,you can't come out.The reason is,there is no choices you can select for visa application type for ILR holders.Avoid it.

Under the add person's details,it says you don't have to fill if you are British citizen or European citizen.Yes,here the mistake on the system is,they should have mentioned people holding ILR also don't have to fill this section.Because,ILR holders are exempt from IHS payments with British citizens or European citizens.I hope this information helps someone.

After confirming the information is correct,you will be directed to declaration page and then pay for IHS.

I managed to pay the correct IHS payment(Approx £612)and I can guarantee I did the right thing.I had to ignore the other incomplete application because of trying to enter,Are you applying to join or remain with the person already in the UK?Add the person's details section.There was no way of coming out of that section.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Post by bigben1982 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Couple of questions,please help me forum experts.

Submitted online application today.

1.My Mrs degree certificate is larger than A4 size.She received this degree certificate like a rolled cetificate.
When she tried to flatten it,it is large size,can't fit this in any folders.Question is,can she fold it into half?Or can she send it like rolled certificate in that holder provided to her in the degree ceremony?

2.Does she needs to take appendix2 for biometric appointment?

3.Does she needs to send her TB certificate with other documents to Sheffield?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:07 pm

bigben1982 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:08 pm
Couple of questions,please help me forum experts.

Submitted online application today.

1.My Mrs degree certificate is larger than A4 size.She received this degree certificate like a rolled cetificate.
When she tried to flatten it,it is large size,can't fit this in any folders.Question is,can she fold it into half?Or can she send it like rolled certificate in that holder provided to her in the degree ceremony?

As per common sense simply fold it into half

2.Does she needs to take appendix2 for biometric appointment?

no

3.Does she needs to send her TB certificate with other documents to Sheffield?

Preferably it should be sent by UK sponsor along with other documents in one bundle to Sheffield.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm

1. Actually the official requirement is to submit any over or undersized original documents (so folded in half if you want) and then photocopy it into A4 so that their scanner can scan it.

bigben1982
United Kingdom

Spouse visa-Where to send supporting documents?

Post by bigben1982 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:06 am

Hi forum experts, thank you so much for supporting me so far with my Mrs spouse visa application.

My Mrs submitted her biometrics yesterday and was told to send the supporting documents to Sheffield within 21 days.

The following address comes up on the VFS Sri Lanka website for sending supporting documents. However VFS staffs down there can't confirm the address. Requesting her to double check the address with the people who already sent supporting documents from UK.

Settlement applications
International operations and visas,
P O Box 5852,
Sheffield,
UK,
S11 0FX

However, one of the e-mail my Mrs received after paying for visa fees and IHS requests her to send the supporting documents to the following address.

For category, Settlement(Family migration)applications,

International operations and visas,
6 Millsands,
Vulcan House,
Sheffield,
UK,
S3 8NU

Which address should I use, S11 0FX or S3 8NU?
Please kindly advice me.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:55 am

PO BOX address and make sure you use RoyalMail