ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence in the UK married to a Spaniard travelling to Germany, Do i need a Schengen Visa and how to apply?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JimNz
Newly Registered
Palestine

Residence in the UK married to a Spaniard travelling to Germany, Do i need a Schengen Visa and how to apply?

Post by JimNz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 am

I will be traveling alone; without my Spanish wife. I hold a Residence Card (family member of an EU citizen) valid until 2023, and I have been in the UK since February 2018. I hold a nonEuropean passport.

I will be visiting my friend in Germany and talking business for 3 days on 9th November 2018.

I'm employed, been since February 2018.

Do I need a Visa to Germany and should I use an application service like third party immigration advisor weblink removed by moderator for example?

on this website they ask somewhat contradictory questions, please see image attached.
1. they're asking "When is Your Current Status Valid From?" does that mean the issue date of the residence card or the expiration date?

2. "What's your Immigration Status in the country you now reside"
they ask for a Visa type number and "valid until" date. but i have a residence card not a Visa! and i entered that information above under residence card!

thank you all for your help

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Residence in the UK married to a Spaniard travelling to Germany, Do i need a Schengen Visa and how to apply?

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:33 am

If the name of the country written on your passport is NOT on this list, you need a visa:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_poli ... countries)
JimNz wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 am
I will be traveling alone; without my Spanish wife. I hold a Residence Card (family member of an EU citizen) valid until 2023, and I have been in the UK since February 2018. I hold a nonEuropean passport.

I will be visiting my friend in Germany and talking business for 3 days on 9th November 2018.

I'm employed, been since February 2018.

Do I need a Visa to Germany and should I use an application service like third party immigration advisor weblink removed by moderator for example?

on this website they ask somewhat contradictory questions, please see image attached.
1. they're asking "When is Your Current Status Valid From?" does that mean the issue date of the residence card or the expiration date?

2. "What's your Immigration Status in the country you now reside"
they ask for a Visa type number and "valid until" date. but i have a residence card not a Visa! and i entered that information above under residence card!

thank you all for your help