ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time work on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aksht091827
Newly Registered
India

Part-time work on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa

Post by aksht091827 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi,

My name is Akshit. Currently, I am on the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa has been sponsored by my University. And next year, I will be switching over to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. Before I start the process of this application, I just wanted to understand one thing. The Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa allowed one to work for other business as long as one was working on their business primarily. This was helpful when my company was starting off as I could pursue part-time roles to support myself on the side. I wanted to understand if I can pursue similar part-time roles on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

Your reply would be appreciated.

Regards,
Akshit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Part-time work on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:50 pm

I wanted to understand if I can pursue similar part-time roles on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
No you cannot. You are only permitted to work for your company/business.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akaramat
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by akaramat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Can T1 E visa holders, do contracting from a limited company where they are directors? will that be legal? I mean to work for other as a contractor.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:28 pm

akaramat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm
Can T1 E visa holders, do contracting from a limited company where they are directors? will that be legal? I mean to work for other as a contractor.
Generally no. See: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/contract-w ... l#p1445105
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akaramat
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by akaramat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks Zimba for the link. very useful.

The same question now regarding T1 GE visa holders. Can they contract via LTD?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:00 pm

akaramat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm
Thanks Zimba for the link. very useful.

The same question now regarding T1 GE visa holders. Can they contract via LTD?
There are no restrictions for T1 GE holders
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

akaramat
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by akaramat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you for promt reply marcnath!!!
As far as I understood, there is no restricition on how you can work (either as self employed, PAYE or contract through Ltd) as long as you are not working as a doctor/dentist in training or a sportsperson.

But what about the working hours ? is there any restriction on that such as 20 hours only (similar to tier 4 visa)?

I am searching in google, and many websites give confusing answers, some state no restriction, some state 20 hours only (especially if you look at university visa help pages for students). In some website, I found that 20 hours restriction was prior to 2013 than it has changed. Is that true?

Will highly appreciate your help!
Thank you a lot.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:28 pm

akaramat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:17 pm
Thank you for promt reply marcnath!!!
As far as I understood, there is no restricition on how you can work (either as self employed, PAYE or contract through Ltd) as long as you are not working as a doctor/dentist in training or a sportsperson.

But what about the working hours ? is there any restriction on that such as 20 hours only (similar to tier 4 visa)?

I am searching in google, and many websites give confusing answers, some state no restriction, some state 20 hours only (especially if you look at university visa help pages for students). In some website, I found that 20 hours restriction was prior to 2013 than it has changed. Is that true?

Will highly appreciate your help!
Thank you a lot.
There are no restrictions imposed by the HO. However, check with your sponsor. You are meant to be working on preparing for your own business primarily. If your sponsor decides you are not doing that because you are working full time, they can withdraw their sponsorship resulting in your visa being curtailed.
HO has essentially pushed that responsibility to the sponsor
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.