ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Natalie89
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Refused settlement visa

Post by Natalie89 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 am

Hi.. my name is novi Natalia .
I’ve been apply settlement UK visa and my fiancé sort all documents and send to Sheffield. And that cost us £1800 for settlement UK visa .Before we apply we look all documents and make sure everything is right . We been waiting 60 working day . But sometimes we call the Sheffield office to ask if decision been made .
On 8/10/2018 we’ve call the Sheffield and they said the
Decision been made and we will get email from vfs global Jakarta . In the afternoon yes we got email application visa number is already proses and ready to pick up passport. On 9/10/2018 I pick the passport in Jakarta and when I opened the passport there’s no VISA!! I’m shocked and crying!! Why I have refused?? What’s wrong with all the documents we been sent ?? They give me letter and explain why I have refused..they said my fiancé payslip it’s not enough for me to living there ?? And shall be 6 months paylips before we apply.. but yes!!! We’ve been sent them my salary fiancé from January-June . It’s 6 months right!! But the Sheffield said we show them 3 months!!! There’s not our fault absolutely. And we check again our documents and yes we do everything right !! We stress and we crying !!-
And they give us 28 days for appeals. We use the solicitor straight away to sort everything and it’s not our mistake !! That’s mean we have to pay another thousand pounds for pay solicitor and appeals . This is absolutely sucks !!! We been sent right all documents and they said the paylips still not enough.. you know before we apply we make sure everything is correct that’s why we sure we’ll get the visa . All we hope we get fairness when we appeal 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refused settlement visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 am

What is the exact wording of the refusal letter?

Does your finance earn at least £1550 every month for January to July?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 am

If your fiancé is a UK national, then he should write to his MP and have them approach the H/O. He should make it clear that the evidence sent was not considered. And send the documents they said were missing, that you provided, to show that he earns enough.

Also, write here and complain that the ECO who handled your application was negligent, explaining that you want to take this matter to court if there is no clarification on why you were turned down when you provided the information that they said was missing. complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

It will take time, but do not be put off. Your case is almost exactly the same as mine, in so far as someone did not look at all the information provided properly before making a decision, and in my case he also asked me to prove something will happen in the future, which is impossible to do.

Don't worry it will happen, it just takes time.

Natalie89
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Can I apply for visit visa after get refused of settlement visa

Post by Natalie89 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi . My name is novi Natalia from Indonesia
I would like to ask if somebody could know that can I apply visa tourist after I had refused visa settlement? I had few time to go to UK as a tourist and back to my country in time ..before I apply for settlement visa . But I don’t appeals for settlement visa . I wouldn’t never think that I will stay in UK as illegally!! This is just I want being Xmas time with my fiancé family as we always do every years

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply for visit visa after get refused of settlement visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Unlikely you will be successful in getting a visitor visa as you have just recently been refused a settlement visa and UKVI might think you are trying to circumvent the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Natalie89
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Natalie89 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:41 pm
Unlikely you will be successful in getting a visitor visa as you have just recently been refused a settlement visa and UKVI might think you are trying to circumvent the immigration rules.
Yes. But the solicitor told me yes I can apply visa tourist
But they need to check when .
Also if that better I can appeal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:38 pm

You can apply, you likely won't get it though as you have made your intention to settle and been refused a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 am
What is the exact wording of the refusal letter?

Does your finance earn at least £1550 every month for January to July?
I have merged your topics into one.

You should answer my questions I have asked about your spouse visa refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)