ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Form (o) Ancestry Visa to ILR

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm

I have a few questions on certain sections of this form. My ancestry visa expires on the 1st December 2018 so I am currently filling out the form and making sure I have all the necessary documents.

1. Do I need to complete Section 5, 5.6 as I am on an ancestry visa?

2. Section 5, 5.1 - I rent a property with my partner, but I also own a property (that has no mortgage) that I rent out. Do I need to supply proof of purchase of the property, tenancy agreements for my tenants as well as mine and my partners tenancy agreement where we reside.
I am providing bank statements which will show the income from my rental payments as well as my work income. Will this be enough.

3. I am enclosing my grandfathers, my fathers and my own birth certificates but I have had conflicting information if this is actually necessary.

I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone that can clarify these questions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form (o) Ancestry Visa to ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm

1. No. It clearly states which visa categories it applies to.

2. No. It asks about where you live. Are you declaring your rental income to HMRC and paying the appropriate tax??

3. A member applied yesterday or the day before in person for a same day decision and was asked to provide the birth certificates, so yes, you should provide them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Yes I have notified HMRevenue and Customs about my rental income which I only just started receiving this year. Everything is all done correctly

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Do I need to complete 5.7? I work part time. Is there an amount that we need to be earning or is this not the case with an ancestry visa. Sorry I am finding some of this confusing and do appreciate your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm

There is no 'minimum income' requirement for Ancestry to ILR.
Do I need to complete 5.7?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Form (o) Ancestry to ILR change of name

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I reverted to my maiden name in 2000. However I did purchase a house here in the UK 2017. Upon selling my house in NZ the title was still in my married name. I had a declaration signed by a solicitor regarding all of this. Do I need to include these documents in my application form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Why is your NZ property sale relevant to ILR??

If your name in your passport is your maiden name, why do you believe there is an issue?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Form (o) Ancestry to ILR change of name

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 pm

I reverted to my maiden name in 2000. However I did purchase a house here in the UK 2017. Upon selling my house in NZ the title was still in my married name. I had a declaration signed by a solicitor regarding all of this. Do I need to include these documents in my application form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm
Why is your NZ property sale relevant to ILR??

If your name in your passport is your maiden name, why do you believe there is an issue?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Amygibbs82 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:25 pm

The name in my passport is in my maiden name but it does state on the form if you have been known by any other name. I am just unsure whether or not I need to put Yes, or put no?

I am not sure if the sale of my NZ property is important, but the title was still in my married name, so to proceed I needed to get a declaration signed re my name change etc. I have this declaration signed by a solicitor and as it pertains to the name change I wondered if I need to supply these documents or not.

I just feel anxious as I do not clearly know what to send and what not to send but I guess too much information is better than too little.

If they do require more information will they write to you or is the application rejected. If so what happens if you are rejected as by this point my Ancestry Visa would have expired.

I apoligise for so many questions and I do appreciate your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:29 pm

The name in my passport is in my maiden name but it does state on the form if you have been known by any other name. I am just unsure whether or not I need to put Yes, or put no?
Yes and you put your married name. You can explain in the Additional Information if necessary.
I am not sure if the sale of my NZ property is important, but the title was still in my married name, so to proceed I needed to get a declaration signed re my name change etc. I have this declaration signed by a solicitor and as it pertains to the name change I wondered if I need to supply these documents or not.
Property is irrelevant as is the title deed. If HO want to see anything, it would be a deed poll or divorce decree re name change, but as your journey seems to be on your maiden name, I don't think it is relevant.
I just feel anxious as I do not clearly know what to send and what not to send but I guess too much information is better than too little.
You only need to send what the form asks for. Don't overthink the process.
If they do require more information will they write to you or is the application rejected. If so what happens if you are rejected as by this point my Ancestry Visa would have expired.
You are overthinking. It is very rare for Ancestry ILR to be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Applying for Indefinate Leave to Remain via Ancestry Route

Post by Amygibbs82 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:23 am

I do not have a biometric permit/card but i have had my fingerprints taken. Is there an extra fee for biometrics on top of the fee for the Indefinate leave to remain or is it just a processing fee at the post office?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Indefinate Leave to Remain via Ancestry Route

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 am

Amygibbs82 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:23 am
I do not have a biometric permit/card but i have had my fingerprints taken. Is there an extra fee for biometrics on top of the fee for the Indefinate leave to remain or is it just a processing fee at the post office?
If you are applying by post, it is only the £19.20 fee at the Post Office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amygibbs82
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Ancestry to ILR

Post by Amygibbs82 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Has anyone got a format for a cover letter from Ancestry to ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 am
Topics Merged (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry to ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Amygibbs82 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:51 pm
Has anyone got a format for a cover letter from Ancestry to ILR
A cover letter is not required. The form contains all the information HO wants to see.

That aside, there are no 'template letters'. Any letters an applicant submits is unique to their own personal circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)