ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New changes to immigration rules

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JulietSoul
Israel

New changes to immigration rules

Post by JulietSoul » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:06 pm

The Home Office released many changes to immigration rules yesterday. More info here:
Free Movement Blog Entry and here Rules text

It appears that for visa applications after November 1st, even if an applicant's passport is returned, leaving the UK will count as withdrawing the application! I would like to think this is not true and that I misunderstood something but I don't think I did.
On a positive note, original documents will no longer be required (other than passport I support) and copies will suffice.

Would appreciate some comment on this, if anyone thinks maybe I misunderstood... Thanks!

vinny

Re: New changes to immigration rules

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Please continue here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.