ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!!!! Can I use my parents' bank accounts as proof of funds for Tier 5 Youth mobility visa?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joycelo0404
Newly Registered

URGENT!!!! Can I use my parents' bank accounts as proof of funds for Tier 5 Youth mobility visa?

Post by joycelo0404 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:42 am

I am applying for Tier 5 youth mobility visa and I have just realised that the money needs to be in the bank for 90 days. Is it possible for me to use my parents' bank statements and put in a letter of them saying they will be financially supporting me through the 2 years?

Thanks a lot!

alfreska
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: URGENT!!!! Can I use my parents' bank accounts as proof of funds for Tier 5 Youth mobility visa?

Post by alfreska » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:34 am

Where did you see that? When I applied I never had to show it had been there for 90 days. The 90 days thing is for other classes of Tier 5 not the YMS, although I do believe that it used to be a requirement but they have since amended it. The funds for YMS is thus 2x of the other T5 visas. I just got mines approved about 2 weeks ago.

The bank statement needs to have your name, the balance, bank stamp and signature on it. I got the bank to print out my account summary and have them stamp and sign when I applied. The only other way is to have a joint account but you still need to make sure your name is shown on the statement.

vinny

Re: URGENT!!!! Can I use my parents' bank accounts as proof of funds for Tier 5 Youth mobility visa?

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:31 am

245ZK. Requirements for entry clearance wrote:(e) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 6 to 7 of Appendix C; and
Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) Temporary Migrants wrote:6. An applicant applying for entry clearance as a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) Temporary Migrant must score 10 points for funds.
7. 10 points will only be awarded if an applicant has the level of funds shown in the table below and provides the specified documents in paragraph 1B above:

Level of funds £1,890
Points awarded 10
Where 1B includes
1B(a)(i) wrote:(2) a single date within 31 days of the date of the application, if the applicant is applying as a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Migrant,
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.