ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Top-up Payment after Visa Approval

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adesamuk01
Newly Registered
Wales

IHS Top-up Payment after Visa Approval

Post by adesamuk01 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Dear all,

I would appreciate your wise counsels on this issue.

Brief background: I received a 5 years CoS with maintenance certified for myself and my dependents (2 people). Due to the huge cost for the visa and IHS, I thought I can apply for 3 years visa and then extend it after 3 years.

Situation/issue: I entered 3 years in the duration I intend to stay in the UK. I paid for 3 years IHS surcharge via PayPal. Upon returning to the check-out page, I discovered that the checkout amount is the fee for a 5 years visa. To avoid unnecessary delay, I paid the full charges for a 5 years visa fee and submitted the application. However, I entered 5 years for my dependents and paid full 5 years costs for their visa and IHS surcharge.

Action taken:
  • I mentioned the issue in my application cover letter and expressed my willingness (i) to stay in the UK for 5 years and (ii) to immediately pay for the IHS surcharge balance upon receiving further instructions on how to do so. On 19 September 2018, I received my passport and the accompanying letter stated that our application for a UK visa is successfully (valid for 5 years) without any instruction on how to pay the IHS surcharge balance.
  • To avoid any problem in the future, I email IHS Sheffield requesting for advice on how to pay the balance on 20 September 2018 and received an acknowledgment email on the same day. However, I have not received any further email or directive since then and our entrance date is only a few days away.
Request: Dear friends and moderators, please advise on the way forward!
  • As my initial payment for the IHS surcharge was made via PayPal to: UKBACustomerComplaints[at]homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, can I send the balance via PayPal to this UKBA PayPal merchant account/email and keep the record carefully for future reference?
  • If not, should I just wait for a reply from IHS Sheffield?
  • Can we still fly to the UK even if there is no response from IHS Sheffield?
Thank you!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: IHS Top-up Payment after Visa Approval

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:55 am

You shouldn't have any problem to enter the UK as you have vignette in your passport.

Print your email with you so just in case being asked, you can provide them.

Depends on your future plan, actually you may save money because the IHS surcharge has been proposed to be doubled this year.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

adesamuk01
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: IHS Top-up Payment after Visa Approval

Post by adesamuk01 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Update:

We have landed in the UK without any issue with UKBA but I am still worried about the outstanding 400GBP.

Dear all and moderators, please help. Thank you!

CR001, Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe