ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO asking for more evidence of residence - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

HO asking for more evidence of residence - please help

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello , i will really appreciate if someone can help me out
I spent 10 yrs in uk, i'm from non european countries, within ten yrs i only went out of UK from june 2014 till october 2014, (absent for about 3 and half months) apart from that i havent been to any country.
I got ILR in April 2017 and so i waited a YEAR then i applied for AN, submitted my application in May 2018.
Now i got a letter saying 'to proceed further send documents by 25/10/2018:
Passport or travel documents to cover the period from 06/04/2017 to 10/05/2018. It says if i dont have passport or travel documents to show that period or i have documents that does not get stamped when entering uk then i should provide alternative evidwnce like letter from employers, salary slips,p60 tax certificate, letter from benefits department, letters from school etc or statements of funds held.
So im confused i havent been absent, why will i submit the application when i already know that i have to hold the ilr for at least a year then i can apply for BC, i hve spent the year 2017-2018 in uk plus they already had my passport to confirm whether i have been out or not but now they have sent my documents back including PASSPORT saying we have noted and do not need to see them again.
How do i explain to them that u already had my passport to see wther theres any stamps on passport of going out or entering.
Me and my sister had the same circumstances but she already got her citizenship without asking wat they asked me.
Also the issue is that i have no letyers from any departmentas they asked me for except I have hospital letters optician letter i have HC certificate (help with nhs cost) which was valid from 10 may 2017 to 9 may 2018
Help please

rogerr
France

Re: HO asking for more evidence of residence - please help

Post by rogerr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:10 pm

mastaleyla wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm
I spent 10 yrs in uk, i'm from non european countries, within ten yrs i only went out of UK from june 2014 till october 2014, (absent for about 3 and half months) apart from that i havent been to any country.
I got ILR in April 2017 and so i waited a YEAR then i applied for AN, submitted my application in May 2018.
Passport or travel documents to cover the period from 06/04/2017 to 10/05/2018. It says if i dont have passport or travel documents to show that period or i have documents that does not get stamped when entering uk then i should provide alternative evidwnce like letter from employers, salary slips,p60 tax certificate, letter from benefits department, letters from school etc or statements of funds held.
So im confused i havent been absent, why will i submit the application when i already know that i have to hold the ilr for at least a year then i can apply for BC, i hve spent the year 2017-2018 in uk plus they already had my passport to confirm whether i have been out or not but now they have sent my documents back including PASSPORT saying we have noted and do not need to see them again.
How do i explain to them that u already had my passport to see wther theres any stamps on passport of going out or entering.
Me and my sister had the same circumstances but she already got her citizenship without asking wat they asked me.
Also the issue is that i have no letyers from any departmentas they asked me for except I have hospital letters optician letter i have HC certificate (help with nhs cost) which was valid from 10 may 2017 to 9 may 2018
Help please
do you have p60 or payslips during this period?

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:13 pm

rogerr wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:10 pm
mastaleyla wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm
Help please
do you have p60 or payslips during this period?
NO i never worked i live with my family . I cant provide anytning they asked for except my passport but they have seen that

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:21 pm

What do i do 😣😣😭

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:21 pm

They might need your passport back to clarify something where they should have done in the first place. As far as I know these government departments keep scan copies of applicant details. There is a possibility either they cant find your scanned images or the images are not good enough to read.

So, don’t get frustrated, just send the passport. If you want you can add a covering letter to explain that you have submitted your passport before and happy to send it again.

Good luck.

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm

trilobite1981 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:21 pm
They might need your passport back to clarify something where they should have done in the first place. As far as I know these government departments keep scan copies of applicant details. There is a possibility either they cant find your scanned images or the images are not good enough to read.

So, don’t get frustrated, just send the passport. If you want you can add a covering letter to explain that you have submitted your passport before and happy to send it again.

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
Yeah its definitely a mistake from them side . I dont mind sending my passport but im scared they might refuse my case

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:26 pm

mastaleyla wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm
trilobite1981 wrote:

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
Yeah its definitely a mistake from them side . I dont mind sending my passport but im scared they might refuse my case
What if i call them . Do u think it will be sorted out . Is it possible if i can speak with the case worker

rogerr
France

Post by rogerr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 pm

mastaleyla wrote:
trilobite1981 wrote:

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
send them your passport.
do your passport get stamp when you back to the uk?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 pm

mastaleyla wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:26 pm
mastaleyla wrote:
trilobite1981 wrote:

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
What if i call them . Do u think it will be sorted out . Is it possible if i can speak with the case worker
Unlikely you will get to speak to the caseworker. The call centre is outsourced and they do not have detailed access to your application.

You need to send what they have asked for otherwise you do risk your application being refused for failing to respond to their request.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Just send your passport again with and attach a letter from your employer stating you were working to cover the dates they want. that's it,it's all they want.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 pm

@masta

You can resubmit the passport you have (assuming this passport is the valid one to cover the cover the period they requested for, or if expired for the period, u can still supply it)
In addition, you should send all the letters or docs u mentioned in your post, from hospital, opticians etc which covers the period they mentioned..

You can can then put a covering note, explaining you don't have p60s etc etc, and maybe also indicate in letter, that you have not been outside of the UK during the year in question and your passport as evidence, (no stamp etc)

If you have bank statements or credit card, you can include that to cover the period.

Wish you the best, pls keep us updated..
Others could benefit from your situation and solution.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:31 pm

mastaleyla wrote:
mastaleyla wrote:
trilobite1981 wrote:

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
honestly, you are scared for nothing. Just send them the passport along with a covering letter. I doubt whether you would be able to talk to the case worker directly (and it is not necessary to talk over the phone).

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm

rogerr wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 pm
mastaleyla wrote:
trilobite1981 wrote:

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
send them your passport.
do your passport get stamp when you back to the uk?
Yes . Been out uk only once thats all. And its shows in pass

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:28 pm
mastaleyla wrote:
mastaleyla wrote:
trilobite1981 wrote:

Good luck.
Than ks for the reply
Unlikely you will get to speak to the caseworker. The call centre is outsourced and they do not have detailed access to your application.

You need to send what they have asked for otherwise you do risk your application being refused for failing to respond to their request.
I will send pass and coverinh letter thats all i can😔😔

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 pm

smallpie wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 pm
@masta

You can resubmit the passport you have (assuming this passport is the valid one to cover the cover the period they requested for, or if expired for the period, u can still supply it)
In addition, you should send all the letters or docs u mentioned in your post, from hospital, opticians etc which covers the period they mentioned..

You can can then put a covering note, explaining you don't have p60s etc etc, and maybe also indicate in letter, that you have not been outside of the UK during the year in question and your passport as evidence, (no stamp etc)

If you have bank statements or credit card, you can include that to cover the period.

Wish you the best, pls keep us updated..
Others could benefit from your situation and solution.
Ok thank u so much . I will let u know

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Take it as a good sign of your application is on processing :D

mastaleyla
Newly Registered

Post by mastaleyla » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Thank you so much for such a quick respond. I literally dont know eaxctly how this website works so im not sure who i replied to or not

I will send the available documents along qoth passport and will post on this topic again after i hear from them
Than ks once again