ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Letter of approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Citizenship Letter of approval

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Do Inis send an email re approval as well as send the same in the post?

What way does it work? Any ideas?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship Letter of approval

Post by littlerr » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 pm

If you ask them a question by email, INIS would reply to you via the same. They do not send you any formal correspondence by email.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:17 pm

As far as I know, a lot of my friends have got confirmation of approval by email. So they definitely send emails. But all I want to know is do they send email as well as letter?
The reason why I asked this is because I'd someone filled in the form incorrectly and put his wrong email address, will they get a confirmation in the post as well? Or not?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:48 am

Alixlboy wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:17 pm
As far as I know, a lot of my friends have got confirmation of approval by email. So they definitely send emails. But all I want to know is do they send email as well as letter?
The reason why I asked this is because I'd someone filled in the form incorrectly and put his wrong email address, will they get a confirmation in the post as well? Or not?
Sorry but I've never heard of anyone receiving a correspondence by email. Since you have a lot of friends who got confirmation by email, why not ask them?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am

They never send approval letter via email in fact the only reply to emails they don’t initiate any correspondence with email.
Your friend can simply correct this error by writing them an email or letter to update the email address in their system
Having said that if the citizenship office has sent an approval via post and the applicant has not received yet and in meantime the applicant call citizenship office or email them to request status of their application they can certainly send the COPY of correspondence via email as it has been issued already via post

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:57 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:48 am
Alixlboy wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:17 pm
Sorry but I've never heard of anyone receiving a correspondence by email. Since you have a lot of friends who got confirmation by email, why not ask them?
As a matter of fact, a gentleman named Broli on this forum told me that he received his approval via email.
I think I d better double check with him and send him a PM.
Have you found it written somewhere that they never send confirmation by email?
I m taking your advice nevertheless, however, do share your sources with me.
I think it s best not to give someone an opinion, if you haven't heard about something happening or haven't had any personal experience.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 am

Anyone else who has had a personal experience re above, would be more than welcome to share their thoughts with me. Thanks,

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:24 am

P.S. I think there is a reason why they ask for your email address on Form 8. Maybe not everyone gets the email confirmation, but some people definitely do.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm

So I had the pleasure of digging broli's posts and apparently he specifically said he received the approval letter by post.

ireland/approval-and-ceremoney-question ... l#p1600674

Again, as Mal111 has also pointed out, INIS do not send email correspondence. They only email you back if you emailed them first with a question.

As much as I hope that email will be replacing the stupid letter soon, it has no use at all in their system right now.

If you are looking for official source, you should check INIS website. It clearly stated that "We will send you a letter with the Minister's decision."

If you are still not convinced, why not just call or email them? If your email address is wrong, you are obliged to inform them of this error anyway.

WaterWrit
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by WaterWrit » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm

I have only received email from INIS (including an approval confirmation) in reply to an email I sent them.

As littlerr and Mal111 say, I don't believe they send out any email as part of the process otherwise.

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm

WaterWrit wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 pm
I have only received email from INIS (including an approval confirmation) in reply to an email I sent them.

As littlerr and Mal111 say, I don't believe they send out any email as part of the process otherwise.
its good news WaterWrit Congratulation for your approval
its mean they never sent email for approval unless if someone ask them for update
WaterWrit can you please share your timeline if you dont mind
thanks

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Solicitor always received correspondence in email including approval , personal experience had called from solicitor informed me he received approval letter in e-mail.

It's possibility if solicitor received in email , anything can happend .I requested Inis office is it possible if I can receive in e-mail, its was big zero ☻

Regards Grace

WaterWrit
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by WaterWrit » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 am

abelekhoh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm
Early April: Submitted application
Mid May: First letter confirming (no further information requested)
End Sept: Second letter, requesting the 950e. I sent this recorded the next day.
Early Oct: Emailed them following-up, checking they had everything. Reply received (via email) one week later.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:58 am

WaterWrit wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 am
abelekhoh wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm
Early April: Submitted application
Mid May: First letter confirming (no further information requested)
End Sept: Second letter, requesting the 950e. I sent this recorded the next day.
Early Oct: Emailed them following-up, checking they had everything. Reply received (via email) one week later.
what was the basis of your application @WaterWrit? non-EU?

otono
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by otono » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Has anyone here who submitted application early May got an approval?
I submitted early May and I am kind of hopeful although I know a lot of people wait a very long time so not banking on it. Also I was asked for further documents mid May and Mid July so a bit worried that may delay my application.
I am non EU married to Irish citizen.

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 pm

otono wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Has anyone here who submitted application early May got an approval?
I submitted early May and I am kind of hopeful although I know a lot of people wait a very long time so not banking on it. Also I was asked for further documents mid May and Mid July so a bit worried that may delay my application.
I am non EU married to Irish citizen.
Hi otono!
Could you please tell me what kind of documents they asked you in May & july
And did you got your second stage letter after you submit your documents
Thanks

otono
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by otono » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 pm

First letter, was asked to send a letter from GNIB superintendent confirming all my stamps in Ireland, my P60 for the year 2015, and utility bills + bank statements covering 2015-2017.

Second letter, was asked to write a letter confirming my signature as the one on my passport looked different from the one on my application, also to bring letter from my GP showing days I visited, also utility bills covering last 3 months prior to my application (I already done this in my initial application :x ).

No second stage letter :(

WaterWrit
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by WaterWrit » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:55 am

2pac4ever wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:58 am
what was the basis of your application @WaterWrit? non-EU?
ah no, EU