ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No ceremony Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

No ceremony Letter

Post by nehaniran12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:31 am

I have received my approval letter on the 11th of October (dated 08th October on the letter), however most from this forum seems received their ceremony letter together with decision letter, but I haven't. Should I call my local council or just wait for the 3 weeks time period and check with home office?

Sorry I just don't want to miss out the ceremony appointment.

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No ceremony Letter

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 am

Those that get it together is when it is approval and ceremony letter together as one letter. Many get two separate letters a coup of weeks apart

If your letter stated to wait for the ceremony letter, then wait a few days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 am
Those that get it together is when it is approval and ceremony letter together as one letter. Many get two separate letters a coup of weeks apart

If your letter stated to wait for the ceremony letter, then wait a few days.
That' right, it states on the approval letter that I would get it separately. Thank you. I wait 2 more weeks and then contact them.

Thank you again :) :) :)

rogerr
France

Post by rogerr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:29 am

nehaniran12 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:31 am
I have received my approval letter on the 11th of October (dated 08th October on the letter), however most from this forum seems received their ceremony letter together with decision letter, but I haven't. Should I call my local council or just wait for the 3 weeks time period and check with home office?

Thanks for your help.
Same to you i recevied my approval on 10oct and dated 8oct . They say i have to wait untill i get ceremony invitation , If i did not recieve it within 3 weeks should contact them by email.

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 am

rogerr wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:29 am
nehaniran12 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Same to you i recevied my approval on 10oct and dated 8oct . They say i have to wait untill i get ceremony invitation , If i did not recieve it within 3 weeks should contact them by email.
ohh ok :? :? . update me if you get the ceremony letter please.
thanks

MJA411
Newly Registered

Post by MJA411 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm

nehaniran12 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
I received my approval letter 24th September dated 20th, and the ceremony letter 28th September dated 24th. They usually take 2 working days to arrive excluding weekends, and that's why it was 4 days in my case. I hope this clarify things for you. But again if you don't hear within 3 weeks do contact your local council or use the email provided on your approval letter.

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:08 pm

I received my approval letter 24th September dated 20th, and the ceremony letter 28th September dated 24th. They usually take 2 working days to arrive excluding weekends, and that's why it was 4 days in my case. I hope this clarify things for you. But again if you don't hear within 3 weeks do contact your local council or use the email provided on your approval letter.
[/quote]

thank you for your information :)

rogerr
France

Post by rogerr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 am

any update.....

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am

rogerr wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 am
any update.....
not yet :( I seriously don't understand the whole system because for some people they get with their decision letter and for some earlier than decision letter. I got the decision letter with my documents that I sent to Home office. No idea what's happening and why it takes such a long time to arrive. And a letter needs 3 weeks to arrive? (what to say) I'm just tired of waiting for postman every single day. So now I don't care until their 3 weeks time limit which is on 29th of October and will see :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fingers crossed friend :)

bcappnil
Newly Registered

Post by bcappnil » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 pm

nehaniran12 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am

I seriously don't understand the whole system because for some people they get with their decision letter and for some earlier than decision letter.
You said 'some people they get with their decision letter.. I think you mean people who get decision letter with invitation in the same letter content?? It differs from council to council. These people will only get a letter from HO with the decision in one paragraph and the next paragraph will give you the details of the council you need to contact to book ceremony without a proposed date of ceremony.

However, some people depending on the council will get a decision letter from HO but a separate ceremony invitation letter with a proposed date of ceremony. So my humble guess is... why it takes 3 weeks, may be the council takes some time to produce the letter and send it from their end/from the HO end? I may be wrong.... :?

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:32 pm

You said 'some people they get with their decision letter.. I think you mean people who get decision letter with invitation in the same letter content?? It differs from council to council. These people will only get a letter from HO with the decision in one paragraph and the next paragraph will give you the details of the council you need to contact to book ceremony without a proposed date of ceremony.

However, some people depending on the council will get a decision letter from HO but a separate ceremony invitation letter with a proposed date of ceremony. So my humble guess is... why it takes 3 weeks, may be the council takes some time to produce the letter and send it from their end/from the HO end? I may be wrong.... :?
[/quote]

Yes, I meant the decision letter with invitation letter, sorry :cry:

It does make sense now, where the ceremony letter is totally up to the council and not with HO. Will wait until the end of 3 weeks period and then contact them.

Thanks again :)

rogerr
France

Post by rogerr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:56 am

rogerr wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:29 am
nehaniran12 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Update .
I recieved my invitation letter from HO today.
Thanks for everyone helps me on this amazing web site

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Update .
[/quote]

Woww, congrats. I still have not received it. Will see on monday :)

rogerr
France

Post by rogerr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:19 pm

nehaniran12 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 pm
Update .
[/quote]
thanks. i think tomorrow you will recieve your one.

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:54 pm

rogerr wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:19 pm
nehaniran12 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 pm
Update .
thanks. i think tomorrow you will receive your one.
[/quote]

Oh something different has happened. I sent an email to my local council 2 days back explaining the situation and asking them what it would be when i didn't get the ceremony letter on time and miss the actual ceremony. I received a reply, from my council, few minutes ago saying that I'm going to have my ceremony on the 31st October at 12.30pm and will receive an appointment letter from them shortly. :lol: :lol:

What to say.....Just wanted to clarify my confusion and they gave me an answer. Still don't understand how the system works. I tried my luck and it worked :p

Thank you very much for all the support that I received from this forum.