ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filipina girlfriend attempting to get Work (or any) UK VISA

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Filipina girlfriend attempting to get Work (or any) UK VISA

Post by shinymew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm

My partner of about 3 years want's to move here, we originally met in Japan and have spent a lot of time together there and I spent time with her and her family in the Philippines last year. We want to work and live together in the UK for at least a couple of years to both build up some savings, but bringing her here and her being able to work seems incredibly hard since she has no qualifications on the list of jobs the UK.gov website says are 'needed'. I've read that she can get a visitors VISA if we were to register a civil partnership, we have lots of pictures together to probably be accepted, but we do both want to be able to work and just settle down here for a while. Thanks for any help and advice :)

Casa

Re: Filipina girlfriend attempting to get Work (or any) UK VISA

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm

shinymew wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm
My partner of about 3 years want's to move here, we originally met in Japan and have spent a lot of time together there and I spent time with her and her family in the Philippines last year. We want to work and live together in the UK for at least a couple of years to both build up some savings, but bringing her here and her being able to work seems incredibly hard since she has no qualifications on the list of jobs the UK.gov website says are 'needed'. I've read that she can get a visitors VISA if we were to register a civil partnership, we have lots of pictures together to probably be accepted, but we do both want to be able to work and just settle down here for a while. Thanks for any help and advice :)
Your girlfriend doesn't have to enter into a civil partnership in order to apply for a visitor visa. She needs to be able to submit evidence of strong ties to her home country, including financial self-sufficiency.

Why do you believe a visitor visa will enable her to settle in the UK? It's not permitted to switch to any other category of visa while in the UK as a visitor. :idea:

You mention a 'civil partnership'. Are you a same gender couple :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Nah we're not same gender, Civil partnership was the term thrown around the last forum I looked at but had to jump through hoops to be able to post on lol. I don't 'believe' or know a great deal that's why I'm looking for advice on how she can move here with me and find work without being qualified in any of the jobs that are easily accepted for work. The UK.gov site makes it look like there's some sort of Fiance 'proposed Civil Partnet' VISA we/she can apply for that given the proof we have of a real relationship will be accepted that can then be extended as long as we were to make the relationship 'official' within 6 months. That almost sounds too easy though :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Yes, there is a fiance visa. Valid for 6 months, she cannot work during this initial period though. You then get married within this time period and once married, apply within the UK for a spouse visa, valid for 2.5 years.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

Fiance visa costs £1,523

Switch to spouse visa costs £1,033 for postal applications OR £1643 for an in person same day decision application. Immigration Health Surcharge is also payable with the in country spouse visa, this currently costs £500 (due to increase/double in December).

She will need to meet the English A1 test from an HO approved test provider and you will have to meet the financial requirement with evidence of £18,600pa and proof of adequate accommodation.

Once she has switched to spouse visa after marriage, she is free to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks for that, that all looks great, I didn't expect those fees but they wouldn't be an issue. I personally would be unable to 'prove' the £18,600 income, I make enough to support us both regardless of how long it would take her to find work, but the income is a bit 'dodgy' (Matched betting online so not TOO dodgy haha). Will that make this outright impossible or just harder?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 pm

To prove the financial requirement, it is mandatory to submit a minimum of 6 months payslips (gross of at least £1550) and the matching/corresponding 6 months bank statements plus employer letter detailing your employment particulars.

Note that HO don't care how you spend your money, they only care that you meet the income requirement and can support yourselves as your girlfriend won't be able to claim any benefits at all.

The alternative is to have a minimum of £62,500 in savings, held for 6 months at least (cannot be a 'loan').

The financial requirement must be met for a fiance visa AND the in country spouse visa and again for the second spouse visa extension after 2.5 years on the first spouse visa and then again for PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 pm
To prove the financial requirement, it is mandatory to submit a minimum of 6 months payslips (gross of at least £1550) and the matching/corresponding 6 months bank statements plus employer letter detailing your employment particulars.

Note that HO don't care how you spend your money, they only care that you meet the income requirement and can support yourselves as your girlfriend won't be able to claim any benefits at all.

The alternative is to have a minimum of £62,500 in savings, held for 6 months at least (cannot be a 'loan').

The financial requirement must be met for a fiance visa AND the in country spouse visa and again for the second spouse visa extension after 2.5 years on the first spouse visa and then again for PR.

Thanks again, doesn't look good for us, I've been unemployed for a long time but have made a 'decent' income matched betting (so tax free) for a few years now, I actually left work as this gave me a steady income along with the freedom to travel while the money comes in, so I have no 'proof' of a reliable income other than at best my bank statements showing said money coming in which might not even reach 1550 every month. This is absolutely necessary for the 2.5 years? The UK.Gov website mentions 'cash savings above £16,000', and even has options of applying if you can't afford the basic application fees

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 pm

shinymew wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:42 pm
CR001 wrote:

Only savings over £16,000 will qualify and the first £16,000 is disregarded. See the following calculation:

Thanks again, doesn't look good for us, I've been unemployed for a long time but have made a 'decent' income matched betting (so tax free) for a few years now, I actually left work as this gave me a steady income along with the freedom to travel while the money comes in, so I have no 'proof' of a reliable income other than at best my bank statements showing said money coming in which might not even reach 1550 every month. This is absolutely necessary for the 2.5 years? The UK.Gov website mentions 'cash savings above £16,000', and even has options of applying if you can't afford the basic application fees
Only savings over £16,000 will qualify and the first £16,000 is disregarded. See the following calculation:
£18,600 x 2.5 years = £46,500 + the £16,000 = £62,500 savings

The fee waiver is for asylum and human rights applications and isn't applicable for a fiance visa. :idea:
See below:
"Use this form if you are applying on the basis of your human rights, and you are destitute and can’t pay the fee to extend your stay."
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 pm
shinymew wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:42 pm
CR001 wrote:

£18,600 x 2.5 years = £46,500 + the £16,000 = £62,500 savings

The fee waiver is for asylum and human rights applications and isn't applicable for a fiance visa. :idea:
See below:
"Use this form if you are applying on the basis of your human rights, and you are destitute and can’t pay the fee to extend your stay."
Owning the property I live in makes no difference? Haha, the requirements are so excessive it's ridiculous, might try to move elsewhere just out of principle. Thanks for all the help though. The only real option for her working here without Fiance/Marriage type VISA's being possible is finding a job in advance that offers sponsorship I guess?

EDIT: sponsorship route probably isn't an option unless my other half has one of the specific qualifications also needed right? :roll:

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm

shinymew wrote:
since she has no qualifications on the list of jobs the UK.gov website says are 'needed'.
In order to stand any chance of obtaining a Tier 2 General visa, she will first have to address the limitations in your post above and then succeed in finding a Home Office approved employer willing to sponsor her

You could on the other hand find employment and submit the fiance visa application once you have 6 months payslips proving earnings of £18,600 p.a pro rata. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm
shinymew wrote:
since she has no qualifications on the list of jobs the UK.gov website says are 'needed'.
In order to stand any chance of obtaining a Tier 2 General visa, she will first have to address the limitations in your post above and then succeed in finding a Home Office approved employer willing to sponsor her

You could on the other hand find employment and submit the fiance visa application once you have 6 months payslips proving earnings of £18,600 p.a pro rata. :idea:
I don't have the qualifications to find a 'real job' bringing that kind of money in individually, what I'm doing already comes close but the proof/payslips side is an issue. It says 'combined income' on the UK.Gov website, if I find a 'real job' in advance and my other half applies for jobs on the list you linked to on arrival (it's a huge list to aim for) we can easily reach the £18,600 income combined. But this system won't allow that because at best she can only provide payslips for at very best 'just under' 6 months, right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:22 am

Combined income cannot be used for the initial fiance or spouse visa. Only your income can be used. For visa extension and PR yes, combined income could be used.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks. What difference does being on benefits make to getting around said requirements, I see you don't have to pass them the same in that situation? I'd be 'entitled' to claim something as a type 1 diabetic but never needed or wanted to before, if it makes this all a lot easier I'll get on it :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:14 pm

Only full PIP and Carers Allowance will exempt a person from the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:14 pm
Only full PIP and Carers Allowance will exempt a person from the financial requirement.
Ahhhh ok. Thanks. So someone in the situation of being totally unable to work would also have no chance? Ridiculous. You can't 'stack' the sponsorship either, get a parent or someone to show their income and backing?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Someone who is completely unable to work for health reasons that allow the qualifying benefits to be claimed, can of course sponsor a spouse as they would be exempt.

List of qualifying benefits in link below.

immigration-for-family-members/pakistan ... l#p1358332

See the link below on how to calculate the requirement from qualifying benefits.

immigration-for-family-members/calculat ... 05533.html

No, full third party support is not applicable.

How old are you and how old is your girlfriend?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shinymew
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shinymew » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:27 pm
Someone who is completely unable to work for health reasons that allow the qualifying benefits to be claimed, can of course sponsor a spouse as they would be exempt.

List of qualifying benefits in link below.

immigration-for-family-members/pakistan ... l#p1358332

See the link below on how to calculate the requirement from qualifying benefits.

immigration-for-family-members/calculat ... 05533.html

No, full third party support is not applicable.

How old are you and how old is your girlfriend?
I'm 29 and she's 25. Is any third party support applicable? Those links are a bit confusing, one makes it sounds like disability/benefits make no difference at all unless in extreme circumstances while the one about calculating makes it sound like you would still have to prove you can provide for the both of you, but the requirements would be 'easier' (more realistic if you left school at 16) to meet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Link to the immigration rules below, read the fiance and the spouse tabs.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KeithG
Newly Registered

Post by KeithG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi is this lost still open ? I have been trying to get info on sponsor funds if I receive a war pension ? Got further questions it thought I would see if anyone could help ?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:27 pm

KeithG wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Hi is this lost still open ? I have been trying to get info on sponsor funds if I receive a war pension ? Got further questions it thought I would see if anyone could help ?

Thanks
Please continue to post in your own topic
immigration-for-family-members/excempti ... l#p1732983
(Casa, not CR001)