ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NDRS Appointments - Are they really hard to get?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

NDRS Appointments - Are they really hard to get?

Post by jerub » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I am currently having an issue, as I live in London, and have applied online for citizenship (and paid the ridiculously large fee), so the clock has started on submitting documents using NDRS.

I travel for work, and have travel coming up very soon, so I cannot afford to be without my only travel documents.

Have I made a significant error by submitting my citizenship application without having an NDRS appointment already scheduled? I can't seem to get one online in any London council, and I've fired off a half dozen panicked emails to the councils that don't have online booking, will start phoning as soon as they open tomorrow...

Is there any way to pay extra for an expedited appointment somewhere? Anything will do.

cambs68
Mood:

Re: NDRS Appointments - Are they really hard to get?

Post by cambs68 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Try Camden town , you look for appointments online. I did mine there .. they should have good availability .

Good luck

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerub » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:34 pm

I can't seem to get Camden's website to work, they're on my list to call tomorrow. Thanks for the direction: that's actually a good one for me to get to.

cambs68
Mood:

Post by cambs68 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:35 pm

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerub » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Finally got it to work (had to debug some bad javascript): Camden have no appointments available in the next 10 days: I'll phone them tomorrow anyway to see what I can do.

pentatonic
Newly Registered

Post by pentatonic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Another option would be to send in your originals and immediately request for your documents to be returned.

Home Office website says they take "up to" 10 working days to return documents, but you might be lucky and get them back sooner. I know this isn't of much comfort if you absolutely need your passport within the next 2-3 weeks. But it's better than nothing.

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerub » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 pm

pentatonic wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:51 pm
Another option would be to send in your originals and immediately request for your documents to be returned.

Home Office website says they take "up to" 10 working days to return documents, but you might be lucky and get them back sooner. I know this isn't of much comfort if you absolutely need your passport within the next 2-3 weeks. But it's better than nothing.
That would be rather stressful for me. I think at this point I'm going to bank on getting some appointment (*anywhere*) as soon as possible, and if that falls through apply by post next week and cancel some trips, instead of sending it in today and hoping to get them back before I fly next.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Croydon has an online booking process,
I had no issues booking an appointment a few weeks back
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

jerub
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerub » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:34 am

So: I had gone through a large number of councils by phone.

A lovely lady at Southwark (my own) council gave me a cancellation appointment on the 24th (day 9 of 10), after I sweet talked the folks on the phone and told them how anxious I was.

But! I found a secret here: Morton council do not accept appointments! It's a walk-in service. So if you can get to Morden, that's a solid choice if you can't get a convenient appointment. Check their availability on the website as they have some blackout dates.