ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for child

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

000djc000
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Schengen Visa for child

Post by 000djc000 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Background Info: My son (15 years) lives in the UK with me his dad (a British Citizen) permanently and has a Biometric residence permits (BRPs) and South African passport. His mother is South African and also has a Biometric residence permit and lives in the UK also.

I wish to take him and his younger brother (a British Citizen) to Austria for a holiday in December (10 days). My son will require a Schengen Visa. One of the documents that is required for minors are valid passports of both parents. His mother has allowed her South African passport to expire in 2016 and has not bothered to renew it. She has no objections in our son leaving the UK with me to go on holiday and will sign the consent form etc. She is unable to renew her South African passport at this time due to misplacing her birth certificate.

Question: If I try to apply for a Schengen visa for a child and state that the mothers passport is expired and so unable to produce a copy. Will they plainly object the visa on the basis that both parents must produce passports? What are my options?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen Visa for child

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:06 am

They won't. Include a copy of valid BRP etc.

BTW How is she living in the UK with an expired passport?
000djc000 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:45 pm
Background Info: My son (15 years) lives in the UK with me his dad (a British Citizen) permanently and has a Biometric residence permits (BRPs) and South African passport. His mother is South African and also has a Biometric residence permit and lives in the UK also.

I wish to take him and his younger brother (a British Citizen) to Austria for a holiday in December (10 days). My son will require a Schengen Visa. One of the documents that is required for minors are valid passports of both parents. His mother has allowed her South African passport to expire in 2016 and has not bothered to renew it. She has no objections in our son leaving the UK with me to go on holiday and will sign the consent form etc. She is unable to renew her South African passport at this time due to misplacing her birth certificate.

Question: If I try to apply for a Schengen visa for a child and state that the mothers passport is expired and so unable to produce a copy. Will they plainly object the visa on the basis that both parents must produce passports? What are my options?

000djc000
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schengen Visa for child

Post by 000djc000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 pm

She is able to use her BRP and so has 'settlement' for the UK and also uses her UK drivers license.