ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by Demi2393 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:30 am

Hi all,

Anyone been able to secure a premium service appointment at Croydon recently? Any ideas of when to check? Weekdays from 12am? Having trouble getting an appointment. Any updates would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

NityaV
Newly Registered
India

Post by NityaV » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Dineshjk wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 pm
Dear all,

I am facing the same problem no time slots are shown on given available dates, as a result I get a message that I have to answer the question etc.. and looses the chance to book the date. I am trying from last 4 weeks, every night from 12 to 12:30. I am trying Glasgow, Liverpool and Belfast.

Please, can anyone update on the issue, if any.

Thanks,
Dinesh
Hi Dinesh, I am desperate to get a day/ time. I have been trying every nihgt as well but never seen anything. Not a single appointment show up. Just wondering if i am doing something wrong. Do you clear cookies or something? should i not bother on Saturday and Sundays? Any specific time you see appointments ? Any leads would be very very helpful
Nitya

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Trying to book on Sundays at 00:00 is no good unless there are cancellations.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi everyone, I have noticed the same issue with booking the premium service for ILR. There appears to be no availability at all if I look today,there appears to be no availability at all in the next 45 days.

My current visa does not expire until January 2019… But I thought I would take a look and see what appointments were available right now as I have seen lots of concerns and issues with other people looking for appointments as of now.

My question is, does the system actually know that my visa does not expire until January 2019 and therefore I am not able to see any availability today? In other words, based on my name and date of birth, does the system pick this up as an applicant who is too early to apply and therefore is the reason why I am not able to see dates 45 days in the future from today?
Basically, as of today it is showing as no availability in any office and this concerns me for later down the road ( December ) When I need to book an appointment.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 pm

allyf wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi everyone, I have noticed the same issue with booking the premium service for ILR. There appears to be no availability at all if I look today,there appears to be no availability at all in the next 45 days.

My current visa does not expire until January 2019… But I thought I would take a look and see what appointments were available right now as I have seen lots of concerns and issues with other people looking for appointments as of now.

My question is, does the system actually know that my visa does not expire until January 2019 and therefore I am not able to see any availability today? In other words, based on my name and date of birth, does the system pick this up as an applicant who is too early to apply and therefore is the reason why I am not able to see dates 45 days in the future from today?
Basically, as of today it is showing as no availability in any office and this concerns me for later down the road ( December ) When I need to book an appointment.

Kind regards,
No the system for booking the appointment doesn't work like that, i.e. applicant specific. It is simply an availability issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Thank you for your reply and clarifying for me. So in other words, basically we should start looking at the postal route because no one has time to sit and wait and look at the system day in and day out. Even if we do, chances are nothing will be available. Does anyone know why this is suddenly the case with the premium service? Because it seems like this error has been ongoing since earlier this year. The last two times over the last five years of my visa application I did not run into any of these issues and was able to get timeslots anytime of any day. Why the change now?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 pm

NityaV wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm
Dineshjk wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 pm
Dear all,

I am facing the same problem no time slots are shown on given available dates, as a result I get a message that I have to answer the question etc.. and looses the chance to book the date. I am trying from last 4 weeks, every night from 12 to 12:30. I am trying Glasgow, Liverpool and Belfast.

Please, can anyone update on the issue, if any.

Thanks,
Dinesh
Hi Dinesh, I am desperate to get a day/ time. I have been trying every nihgt as well but never seen anything. Not a single appointment show up. Just wondering if i am doing something wrong. Do you clear cookies or something? should i not bother on Saturday and Sundays? Any specific time you see appointments ? Any leads would be very very helpful
Nitya :|
Hi Dinesh and Nitya, have either of you had any luck so far? I too am looking and not a single time slot has come along. I’m using my mobile to log in. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated if you have any. 😕
Ally

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:38 am

Hi all,

There are dates available in Cardiff if you want to have a look. I’m keeping my fingers crossed some will come up in Croydon soon as I’ve got a little one and I’m not sure he can make the journey x

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:00 am

Thank you Demi very kind of you to let us know.
I will keep my eyes on Croydon for you if anything comes up x

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi all,

I’ve just been able to secure an appointment at Croydon. Loads more dates are available now if anyone wants to have a look.

Good luck x

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:44 pm

Great news congrats!
Hopefully I can get lucky in 2 and half weeks when I can start booking xx

robbie2602
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by robbie2602 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 am

Hi Demi,

Which date did you get the appointment for ? Are there any dates available for Oct ?

Thanks

Robbie

milule
Newly Registered

Post by milule » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am

Apologies for crossposting but this is partly related to the premium service booking and partly related to the digital service.

I managed to see an appointment last night for the 27th November but didnt book.

As we all know, it is very difficult to get an appointment which is not 42 days in advance. Currently paper forms are accepted in Premium Service appointment centres but this would likely change after Nov. 5 (as it will be online forms only).

Will they still consider appointments booked before November 5 (using the paper forms valid)... I mean will the appointments we book now up to the 5th be considered okay if we’re using the paper form.

Demi2393
Newly Registered

Post by Demi2393 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

robbie2602 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 am
Hi Demi,

Which date did you get the appointment for ? Are there any dates available for Oct ?

Thanks

Robbie
Hi Robbie,

I managed to get one for the 27th of November as that was the earliest date available. I’m keeping my eyes peeled for an earlier date so I can reschedule. Better than nothing at all x

robbie2602
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by robbie2602 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:35 pm

good. i did see some appointments for 13th nov.
Lets hope they come back soon.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Robbie and All,
I have tried all the suggested means and modes e.g using Distil, Auto Refresh, staying awake and watching the online appointment service at 12am and beyond for the past 4 weeks but can't get an appointment.

Does anyone have anymore tips. I would welcome any help. Thanks

vana17
Newly Registered
India

Post by vana17 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if the question dosn't entirely relate to this thread.
I am in the process of applying for an ILR after 5 years on Tier 2 General. My employer (same for last 5 year) is applying through an immigration consultant. The consultants were supposed to book an appointment for me. I have been asking them from day 1 to book the appointment fast, but they said they need to complete the paperwork first! Now after taking a month to review my paperwork (which wasn't required upfront), they are telling me they cant find an appointment before my visa expires in the last week of Nov!! :x :x

Now they are saying, we will submit a postal application and then try to upgrade it. I am really not sure about the postal process as it appears to be a bit random in terms of accepting the upgrade request. Also I need to travel overseas in Mid-Dec.

Is there any other option that I suggest the consultants? I know they are supposed to know the better, but in this case my experience has been very different.

Thanks in advance,
Vana

PS - I would have been better off applying directly but I didn't have the option.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi Milule
Is this information regarding the change to online stated on the gov.uk site ? I’ve not heard of this change and just wondering where you may have heard it from? Does the online application let you make a premium service appointment as well?
Many thanks

robbie2602
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by robbie2602 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Managed to book an appointment. The system is crazy.... but you just have to keep pushing and hitting buttons and have a positive mind set.

I booked it for 28 Nov, my visa runs out in Dec 2nd week. But I'll try to get an earlier appointment as 28th Nov is too late for me.

All the best Everyone!

Robbie

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:45 pm

Hello All,

I have just spent the last 43mins try to get an appointment but none has been displayed. Please any helps will be appreciated, preferably Sheffield and Birmingham

Thanks
Ritchie R

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Great job Robbie! I really hope I’m lucky in a few weeks time

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Well done Robbie. Which service centre did you book? Did you keep clicking on the "change premium service centre" link and the selected an "option" consistently?

Auto Refresh and Distil are not working for me at all. I'm getting desperate. Any helps will be grateful pls.

Thanks

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 am

Used Distill while at work and kept losing my windows to book (eg. was in meetings when the page changed). What worked for me on day 3 of trying was to refresh the booking page on my phone exactly at midnight and a slot appeared.
I think trying different devices at midnight can help. Good luck all!

milule
Newly Registered

Post by milule » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 am

allyf wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 pm
Hi Milule
Is this information regarding the change to online stated on the gov.uk site ? I’ve not heard of this change and just wondering where you may have heard it from? Does the online application let you make a premium service appointment as well?
Many thanks
Hi, there was no clear information and i am only guessing and reading between the lines. these is he information im wondering about

statement of changes of valid application paragraph 34 says

(9) (a) Where the application is made:
(i) on a paper application form, it must be sent by pre-paid post or courier to the address on the application form or, where permitted, submitted in person at a Home Office premium service centre;

now only has this:
(8) Where the application is made on a paper application form, it must be sent by pre-paid post or courier to the address on the application form.

and so, the question is... premium appointments that use paper forms, those booked from now up to nov 5 when the new rules are in place, will the premium appointment accept paper forms.

but that is going off this thread topic. it is really hard to get an appointment and if i want to be doubly sure, i need to find an appointment before the date.

Shelly29
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shelly29 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am

I can see lot of appointments available for Liverpool from 23 October at the moment if someone wanted to book urgently.