ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR ON A 10 YR RULE.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abbja247
Newly Registered
Ghana

FLR ON A 10 YR RULE.

Post by abbja247 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:26 am

Hello there, I have a few questions to ask regarding my FLR. I'm on a 10yrs route and just about to renew my flr for the 3rd time and wondering if i can qualify for the 5yrs route. Ive been in the country continuously since 2013 and went on holiday once for 12 days 2yrs ago. I work full time, have a wife(British citizen) and 3 kids oldest 12yrs old. Can you please advise me on what to do and if i can change to the 5yrs route instead of waiting another 2+yrs before i can apply for a ILR and next step. Lived in uk legally since 2011. I'm begin hassled by my representative to pay £2800 for appling for FLR,Health care surcharge and solicitors fee for £800 to apply for this money i dont have. I just need help pointing me to the right direction without have to pay money i dont have besides the HO fees and Healthcare surcharge . I would appreciate any help or advise i could get thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR ON A 10 YR RULE.

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 am

1. You are on a 10 year route. If you switch to the 5 year flr m route, you start 5 years again from scratch.

2. You don't need a solicitor really unless your case is very complex.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abbja247
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by abbja247 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 am
1. You are on a 10 year route. If you switch to the 5 year flr m route, you start 5 years again from scratch.

2. You don't need a solicitor really unless your case is very complex.

Thanks for your advise...My case is not complex its being the same since i 1st applied over 5yrs ago, The only chnages are the fact that we've had 2 kids and work after been given a work permit .Everything thing i submitted before remains the same, no criminal record or police issue, same address. My only concern is the duration of time waiting for my bio-metrics to come back as i had to get a letter from my solicitors for my last employer stating my status doesn't change until a decision have been made by the HO and until then, my status remains the same right!.. Just don't wanna be screwed by HO because i know law do change and Some people at the HO are bloody robots to say the least.Never seem to apply common sense or and judge each applicants on its merits.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:13 am

In my view as you said to have been living legally since 2011 and your circumstances are same then simply extend it under that category which applies well to you and then in 2011 you can apply ILR on 10 years of long residence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.