ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sand6

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Sand6 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Lonelondoner2008 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 pm
Alalanwa wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Lonelondoner2008 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:51 pm
Lonelondoner2008 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:02 pm
Hello Everybody
I find this forum very informative,interesting and excellent for migrants .
I am looking forward to apply for ILR on refugee basis next year january 2019.During my refugee leave of 5 years I have made some mistakes whivh are a bit scary now.I would like to hear from knowledgeable users and those who have gone through almost same circumstances.
1. I received a court fine of £190 for travelling with a friends student oyster ,taken to court by evil tfl in2015.
2. I received a ccj for not paying a mobile bill of £250 in 2015.
3. After getting refugee status in 2014 I made a blunder by obtaining a national passport of my country, although never travelled to my home country or anwhere on it ,just obtained it to use as an id to open bank act.
These 3 things are constantly circling in my mind whenever I think of my ilr application in jan 2019.
I am hopeful that I will be successful .I will appreciate if some of you can share your opinions &experince on it.Thank

I will advise you get a good lawyer to explain your condition and get advice from him or her possibly use good asylum lawyer to fill your form and submit it through same lawyer
Thanks for your reply.Consulting a lawyer &paying them 1k isnt a sensible thing in refugee ilr in particular as it is a simple&straightforward application which HO itself asks you to submit .Yes I have sought some opinions from some lawyers&some of them say it is now depended on ho how they treat my mistakes.I think court cases arent serious as ho only refuses you if commit a crime &get imprisoned whic isnt in my case.National passport is a bit serious but I havent used it for travel anywhere&asked ho on phone before making it but the person on phone didnt say anything.I have seen a few cases where refugees got ilr even having natinal passports.I would like to hear from senior members& the refugees who were in similar citcumstances .Thank you everybody.
Hi i would like to know thats was your original passport at the time you got refugee ststus was with home office or you just renewed you existing passport? Do you hold any travel document as well.

Alalanwa
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Alalanwa » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Hi guys I received my approval letter and my biometrics card today from solicitor and this is my timeline
Applied on 3 July 2018
Biometric done on 12 July 2018
Subsequent email from home office on 10th every month.
Approval letter on 10th October 2018 but dated 4th October
Received biometric card on 9th October .
Waiting time 3 months.
Good luck to everyone that is still waiting his or her approval letter.

hadaiq
Newly Registered

Post by hadaiq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:24 am

Alalanwa wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:39 pm
Hi guys I received my approval letter and my biometrics card today from solicitor and this is my timeline
Applied on 3 July 2018
Waiting time 3 months.

congratulation on getting your ILR, It was single application or joint ?

Alalanwa
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Alalanwa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 am

It was single

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 am

Alalanwa wrote:
Applied on 3 July 2018
Waiting time 3 months.
hello Alalanwa,
My congratulation on getting your ILR,
How many progress emails you had received through the whole process.

Lonelondoner2008
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Lonelondoner2008 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:59 am

Sand6 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:05 pm
Lonelondoner2008 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 pm
Alalanwa wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Lonelondoner2008 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks for your reply.Consulting a lawyer &paying them 1k isnt a sensible thing in refugee ilr in particular as it is a simple&straightforward application which HO itself asks you to submit .Yes I have sought some opinions from some lawyers&some of them say it is now depended on ho how they treat my mistakes.I think court cases arent serious as ho only refuses you if commit a crime &get imprisoned whic isnt in my case.National passport is a bit serious but I havent used it for travel anywhere&asked ho on phone before making it but the person on phone didnt say anything.I have seen a few cases where refugees got ilr even having natinal passports.I would like to hear from senior members& the refugees who were in similar citcumstances .Thank you everybody.
Hi i would like to know thats was your original passport at the time you got refugee ststus was with home office or you just renewed you existing passport? Do you hold any travel document as well.
Thanks for your reply.I didnt have passport when I got refugee status.Home office given me refugee without my national passport as it was lost.After the refugee status I obtained a national passport which I never used for travelling .I didnt have travel documents.Refugees with same circumstances. &senior memebers ,can you please reply this .Thanks

Alalanwa
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Alalanwa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 am
Alalanwa wrote:
Applied on 3 July 2018
Waiting time 3 months.
hello Alalanwa,
Only 2 months progress emails thanks

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:05 am

Alalanwa wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 am
Alalanwa wrote:
Applied on 3 July 2018
Waiting time 3 months.
hello Alalanwa,
Only 2 months progress emails thanks
Alalanwa ; Thank you so much for the reply ,
Wish you all the best

hadaiq
Newly Registered

Post by hadaiq » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:15 am

any Good news for the june 2018 applicants ?

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am

New statement of changes to the Immigration Rules: HC 1534 - A positive development as it seems

...the Secretary of State will return an applicant’s ID while the application is outstanding, unless he “considers it necessary to retain it”. This is welcome news. Not having a passport can be problematic: it is needed to give notice of an intention to marry or sit the English language / Life in the UK tests. However, leaving the UK while an application is pending will still result in the application being treated as withdrawn....

...Another positive development is being able to submit copies of documents rather than originals. These changes are made throughout the Rules, where all references to “original” (as far as I could see) were deleted and/or replaced with “copies”. This can save applicants money and administrative nightmares...

Thus, there is the hope that applicants will be able to receive back their convention travel documents/passports, even maybe their expired/expiring BRPs while their application is considered. This could definitely help with administrative day to day matters, including proving right to work, rent, bank, take SELT?LITUK tests, etc. while their application is being considered.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/new-sta ... s-hc-1534/

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 am

well i read this artical,
In addition, applicants should not fall foul of suitability requirements, which include, among others, exclusion under the Refugee Convention and serious crimes.

Those successful will be granted five years’ leave, renewable for a further five years. They will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain after ten years.

They will also be entitled to apply for a travel document, unless compelling reasons of national security or public order otherwise require, if they are unable to obtain a national passport.
Also here is link https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ssible.pdf
that explain and translate new immigration changes for all type of immigrants including overstayers,asylum,refugee,nattionality and other relevant requirements including eng test landuages and fee waivers .
SALSABEEL

wd-ibrahim
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by wd-ibrahim » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Here is my timeline
One applicant & four dependants
My visa expiry date was on 09/08/2018.
I applied for ILR on 12/07/2018.
Biometric letter received on 25/07/2018 dated 20th
Biometric submitted on 28/07/2018.
Approval letter, old travel document & BRP received on 17/10/2018 dated 15/10/2018.
waiting time is little over 3 months
thanks to everyone here and good luck to all of you :)

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Cogrates and good luck for u and ur family,s next steps
SALSABEEL

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 am
In addition, applicants should not fall foul of suitability requirements, which include, among others, exclusion under the Refugee Convention and serious crimes.

Those successful will be granted five years’ leave, renewable for a further five years. They will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain after ten years.

They will also be entitled to apply for a travel document, unless compelling reasons of national security or public order otherwise require, if they are unable to obtain a national passport.
that explain and translate new immigration changes for all type of immigrants including overstayers,asylum,refugee,nattionality and other relevant requirements including eng test landuages and fee waivers .
Hello salsabeel,
Does that mean there will be changes to refugee rules on getting the ILR,
Does a refugee get ILR after 5 years of having his /her 5-year leave to remain or he/she will be given extended 5 years before he/she can apply for ILR.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm
salsabeel wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 am

Hello salsabeel,
Does that mean there will be changes to refugee rules on getting the ILR,
Does a refugee get ILR after 5 years of having his /her 5-year leave to remain or he/she will be given extended 5 years before he/she can apply for ILR.
or that would be only applicable for certain people; Calais leave

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:34 am

Hellow,
dont b panic as it applys on those who commit serious crimes at time of my typing.
i know someone who got further 2 years extention bcz of serious accident instead of ILR.
now she has ilr.
Also please read below link too
general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvi-digit ... 60944.html
SALSABEEL

waitinglad
Newly Registered

Post by waitinglad » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

wd-ibrahim wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:27 pm
Here is my timeline
One applicant & four dependants
My visa expiry date was on 09/08/2018.
I applied for ILR on 12/07/2018.
Biometric letter received on 25/07/2018 dated 20th
Biometric submitted on 28/07/2018.
Approval letter, old travel document & BRP received on 17/10/2018 dated 15/10/2018.
waiting time is little over 3 months
thanks to everyone here and good luck to all of you :)
Hi,

Congratulations, did you receive any progress emails??

thanks

hadaiq
Newly Registered

Post by hadaiq » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:34 am
Hellow,
dont b panic as it applys on those who commit serious crimes at time of my typing.
i know someone who got further 2 years extention bcz of serious accident instead of ILR.
now she has ilr.
do you know any reason for pending applications ?

hadaiq
Newly Registered

Post by hadaiq » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:07 pm

anyone applied in June 2018 and received the approval letter ?

hadaiq
Newly Registered

Post by hadaiq » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:11 pm

I applied in june and still waiting. Getting angry now :evil:

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm

salsabeel wrote:
Hellow,
now she has ilr.
thanks salsabeel for the clarifications

salsabeel
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by salsabeel » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 pm

hadaiq wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm
salsabeel wrote:
Hellow,
now she has ilr.
First of all, i am not a legal person and what i am saying is purely based on what i have read which maybe correct. In the guideline to settlement caseworkers, it indicates that the first person that enters your application into the database i.e. the data entry people should send you the letter and place your application in the workload for a caseworker to pick up. This should normally be sent within 4 to 6 weeks after your application.
I believe they delay some cases deliberately for many reason like Eu and brexit overloaded file work and backlog cases,security checkings with all relevant departments.so its not Home office fault, u should wait to see other people timeline waiting long time.u applied only in june i checked ur timeline but u didnot mantion when did u had ur fingerprints?
For my application it took more than 5 months but some of my friends had their application about 7-8 months. depend on caseworkers/areas and nature of indiviual cases and circumstances.
In my view, if you do not have any negative records and if your asylum case was strong,and reason for asylum still valid, you should get the decision within 6 months.
well If you still do not receive any response after 6 months, HOMEOFFICE will write to u. you could first write a letter and send it by post to
Liverpool address. In the letter you could say that Its been 6 months and I haven't received any response to my application and Could you please check my application status and let me know at your earliest convenience.
You will have to include these details ing your letter
• the applicant’s full name (as it appears on the application form)
• date of birth
• nationality
• the recorded signed for or special delivery number (if you used such postage)
• the date on which the application was posted, and
• your Home Office reference if you have one.
As I said, you may not need any of these, most likely you would receive the response in Homeoffice time frame I have mentioned these steps above just in case
Also u can call them for updates as well, here is further information too indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-protecti ... l#p1440705
Good luck, lets hope for positive
SALSABEEL

Lonelondoner2008
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Lonelondoner2008 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi Everyone
Recently Home Office has made some changes and there is a lot being discussed about changes in the refugee ILR.Home Office has not changed the usual law for refugees so after 5 years of refugee leave a refugee can apply for ILR .Home Office has made some changes which are not related to those who have 5 years refugee leave and want to apply for ilr and this law doesn't seem to be changing .

rami_noon
Newly Registered

Post by rami_noon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Here is my timeline
I applied for myself and three dependents

Application sent: 16 June
Application Received: 19 June
Confirmation Email: 28 June
Biometric letter: 28 June
Biometric Submission: 30 June
Email reminders:
1-28th July
2-27th August
3-27th September

Approval Letter and BRP: 17 October.

4 months!
Good luck for everyone.

hadaiq
Newly Registered

Post by hadaiq » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:31 am

salsabeel wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:03 pm
hadaiq wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm
salsabeel wrote:
Hellow,
now she has ilr.
First of all, i am not a legal person and what i am saying is purely based on what i have read which maybe correct. In the guideline to settlement caseworkers, it indicates that the first person that enters your application into the database i.e. the data entry people should send you the letter and place your application in the workload for a caseworker to pick up. This should normally be sent within 4 to 6 weeks after your application.
I believe they delay some cases deliberately for many reason like Eu and brexit overloaded file work and backlog cases,security checkings with all relevant departments.so its not Home office fault, u should wait to see other people timeline waiting long time.u applied only in june i checked ur timeline but u didnot mantion when did u had ur fingerprints?
For my application it took more than 5 months but some of my friends had their application about 7-8 months. depend on caseworkers/areas and nature of indiviual cases and circumstances.
In my view, if you do not have any negative records and if your asylum case was strong,and reason for asylum still valid, you should get the decision within 6 months.
well If you still do not receive any response after 6 months, HOMEOFFICE will write to u. you could first write a letter and send it by post to
Liverpool address. In the letter you could say that Its been 6 months and I haven't received any response to my application and Could you please check my application status and let me know at your earliest convenience.
You will have to include these details ing your letter
• the applicant’s full name (as it appears on the application form)
• date of birth
• nationality
• the recorded signed for or special delivery number (if you used such postage)
• the date on which the application was posted, and
• your Home Office reference if you have one.
As I said, you may not need any of these, most likely you would receive the response in Homeoffice time frame I have mentioned these steps above just in case
Also u can call them for updates as well, here is further information too indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-protecti ... l#p1440705
Good luck, lets hope for positive

thanks you very much salsabeel for the guidance