ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cool Off Period Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mamtanathani
Newly Registered
India

Cool Off Period Meaning

Post by mamtanathani » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 am

The question regarding cool off period. Does cool off is obtained if you go on a different visa and be in the country? For eg - my husband is on ICT currently and i am his dependent. I want to switch to  ICT visa as I got a project from my Indian IT company. If he becomes my dependent and  stay in the country for an year on dependent visa. Would he then be eligible to apply for Tier2 General ? Would cool off condition be met?
Thanks in advance,

Mamta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cool Off Period Meaning

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 am

I want to switch to ICT visa as I got a project from my Indian IT company
You cannot apply for Tier 2 ICT if you are working in the UK already as you will fail the '12 months in home country working for sponsor' requirement.

There are very limited circumstances where the 12 months working in home country for sponsor is waived.

What salary are you being offered to apply for ICT (from home country)??

Why can't you do the project on your current dependent visa?

If your spouse is a PBS Dependent for 12 months, then yes, that IS the cooling off period. He would have to apply from home country for Tier 2 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mamtanathani
Newly Registered
India

Post by mamtanathani » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I came to UK as my husband's dependent in Nov 2017 and about to complete a year.
Can I apply for ICT Tier2 as the Indian company I was working with now have a project for me. They don't allow working on dependent visa.

Regards,
Mamta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 am

You need 12 months of working for your Indian sponsor in your HOME COUNTRY to qualify for ICT. If you do not work for them now in the UK, how do you believe you qualify for an ICT (the clue is the name, inter company transfer visa).

What salary are you being offered??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mamtanathani
Newly Registered
India

Cool Off Period Question

Post by mamtanathani » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi,

I need some advice. I am on my spouse dependent visa. (ICT Tier2 Dependent). His client company wants to hire him. He cannot apply for Tier 2 General as there is a cool off period for 1 year.
My questions is -

I can switch to My own ICT Tier2 as I still work with Indian IT company which gave me transfer to UK on my husband's dependent visa. (I was working for the same company in India and I joined in UK by getting the transfer to their London office). Now my question is if I switch to my own ICT and make my husband dependent, would be able to apply for his Tier2 General after an year? Would this one year period when he will be working on the dependent visa would serve as cool off period?

Please advise,

Regards,
Mamta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 am
You need 12 months of working for your Indian sponsor in your HOME COUNTRY to qualify for ICT. If you do not work for them now in the UK, how do you believe you qualify for an ICT (the clue is the name, inter company transfer visa).

What salary are you being offered??
??
Char (CR001 not Casa)