ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship quere

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sbakhshi
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Citizenship quere

Post by sbakhshi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Hello dear,
I have received a four penalty points due to speeding and a fine from magistrates court
In the 6th of Fabuary 2018. I will be applying for my citizenship March 2019.
My question is, does it still count a case that has gone to the court as I was told that it won't as it is only a trial if I want to plae guilty and take the points rather then appealing against the trial. And on the DVLA records it also says (court order). My concern is that Cases which has gone to the court can impact on the application and more likely the application can be refuse. Any information will be much appropriate.
Thanks,

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship quere

Post by equitydealer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Give more details.

Were you originally given an FPN or SJP for speeding? How much was the fine?
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

sbakhshi
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by sbakhshi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:30 am

Hello dear
The fine was £105 and the FPN was given in the megistrate court.

sbakhshi
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by sbakhshi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 am

After receiving a FPN I request a court hearing. On the hearing day the judge asked me if I want plae guilty so there won't be extra fine and point if they prove me wrong. And the hearing won't be classed as a court hearing, otherwise, the case will be sent to tribunal court and the charge and points can be higher then what I will get if I plae guilty. They gave me a month time to think about it and if change my mind I don't have to go to the court, and sent them confirmation of my decision. I sent them confirmation if plaeing guilty and they sent me fine and four points in my licence.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 pm

This will need to be declared as an offence in your application.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

sbakhshi
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by sbakhshi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm

I understand that I have to declare this in my application, will that effect my application??? Because I was told my Citizen advice bereau that it won't.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:01 pm

sbakhshi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm
I understand that I have to declare this in my application, will that effect my application??? Because I was told my Citizen advice bereau that it won't.
Have you looked through and read the "Good character: nationality policy guidance" as yet where it gives all the necessary info? (link below)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance