ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 day short before 5 years qualify period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thisisnotme
Newly Registered

1 day short before 5 years qualify period

Post by thisisnotme » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello,

I need advice regarding applying for ILR via Tier 2 route.

Background:
I am am currently holding a Tier 2 which I granted on 2 June 2014 and is expired on 15 June 2019. I will complete my 5 years on 1 June 2019. My work contract finishes on 30 May 2019, and I have a new job offer from another company but we are still negotiating the start date.

Question:
Is there any way I could apply for settlement without applying for Tier 2 again? I know I can apply 28 days before 1 June 2019, but then in my employmeny letter they can say my contract will finish on 30 May. I am just trying to save some money.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards,

Peter

Lynz1988
Canada

Re: 1 day short before 5 years qualify period

Post by Lynz1988 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm

To play it safe, I would take a new sponsorship/job as stated and then in May/June apply for ILR from the new job rather than the current job. Just my opinion though and especially if the new employer will support you for your ILR.

thisisnotme
Newly Registered

Post by thisisnotme » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks for your input, Lynz.

I am thinking the same. :(
Unfortunately, I don't think the new employer will support ILR, at the very best they might support Tier 2 fee.

Pete

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 am

Employers very rarely pay for ILR. That would be your cost anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 am

thisisnotme wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:54 pm
Thanks for your input, Lynz.

I am thinking the same. :(
Unfortunately, I don't think the new employer will support ILR, at the very best they might support Tier 2 fee.

Pete
Sorry I should have clarified - I didn't mean financial support for the ILR itself (i.e. paying for the visa) but meant support as in provide you with the necessary and required salary/letters/etc. for your ILR application when it comes time. 8)