ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding ILR and absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imontier2
Newly Registered

Questions regarding ILR and absence

Post by imontier2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi,

I am presently on tier 2. I was already working for same employer when I applied tier 2. They originally issue me a certificate of sponsorship starting from 01st Feb 2014 but I applied on 02nd Dec 2013 and received my tier 2 on the same day.

1. Does it mean I am eligible to apply for ILR on 02 Dec 2018 (-28 days, which is 05 Nov 2018)?

My second question is related to my absence from the UK, I went to my home country and stayed there for about 42 days but during these 42 days, I also worked from my company's office in my home country for 2 weeks.

2. Shall I mention these 42 days as my annual leave or work trip or both?

My third question is related to my date of application. I have heard from my friends who recently been though ILR process that there is a long wait for premium appointment. If I submit my application this week and book an appointment anytime after 05 Nov 2018. What will be my actual date of application? Is it going to be my premium appointment date or date of online application submission?

Thanks in advance :)

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Questions regarding ILR and absence

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 pm

imontier2 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi,

I am presently on tier 2. I was already working for same employer when I applied tier 2. They originally issue me a certificate of sponsorship starting from 01st Feb 2014 but I applied on 02nd Dec 2013 and received my tier 2 on the same day.

1. Does it mean I am eligible to apply for ILR on 02 Dec 2018 (-28 days, which is 05 Nov 2018)? Check your BRP when is the start date.

My second question is related to my absence from the UK, I went to my home country and stayed there for about 42 days but during these 42 days, I also worked from my company's office in my home country for 2 weeks.

2. Shall I mention these 42 days as my annual leave or work trip or both? Both. Just state which period is annual leave which period is work trip is ok.

My third question is related to my date of application. I have heard from my friends who recently been though ILR process that there is a long wait for premium appointment. If I submit my application this week and book an appointment anytime after 05 Nov 2018. What will be my actual date of application? Is it going to be my premium appointment date or date of online application submission?

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

imontier2
Newly Registered

Post by imontier2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 am

Thanks cyclina1.

I will update here once about my application once it is processed.

Kind regards

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm

imontier2 wrote:
Hi,

I am presently on tier 2. I was already working for same employer when I applied tier 2.

Are you on a Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (ICT)??

imontier2
Newly Registered

Post by imontier2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 pm

physicskate wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm
imontier2 wrote:
Hi,

I am presently on tier 2. I was already working for same employer when I applied tier 2.

Are you on a Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (ICT)??

I am on Tier 2 (General). I was on Tier 1 Post Study Work permit when I started working for my current employer.

imontier2
Newly Registered

Mistake in online form set(o)

Post by imontier2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi all,

I filled online form for on ILR Set(0) and submitted it and booked an appointment. I have just found one silly mistake in my form.

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I answered it "No".

However, I lived in my country of birth from my birth until I moved to the UK. What should I do now?

Kind regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mistake in online form set(o)

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:37 pm

imontier2 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm
Hi all,

I filled online form for on ILR Set(0) and submitted it and booked an appointment. I have just found one silly mistake in my form.

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I answered it "No".

However, I lived in my country of birth from my birth until I moved to the UK. What should I do now?

Kind regards.
Correct it and add the details by hand/pen on your print out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imontier2
Newly Registered

Post by imontier2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks for your quick response :)

imontier2
Newly Registered

Post by imontier2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 am

Need help again! I don't know how I am ended up doing these silly mistakes. Right, I was filling another form, just to see what exactly they are expecting under "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?" section, so I could add same details on my form with pen.

I have found another mistake now where it asks "When did you first enter the UK?" Under the question it clearly says "This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

I first entered the UK in Sept 2010 on Tier 4 visa and I put this date on my form. Shall I change it to start date of my first tier-2 general visa? Even though it was an in-country application and I did not physically enter the UK that day as I was already in the UK.

Thanks again for your help.

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 am

imontier2 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 am
Need help again! I don't know how I am ended up doing these silly mistakes. Right, I was filling another form, just to see what exactly they are expecting under "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?" section, so I could add same details on my form with pen.

I have found another mistake now where it asks "When did you first enter the UK?" Under the question it clearly says "This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

I first entered the UK in Sept 2010 on Tier 4 visa and I put this date on my form. Shall I change it to start date of my first tier-2 general visa? Even though it was an in-country application and I did not physically enter the UK that day as I was already in the UK.

It should be based on your tier 2 if that is what you are basing your ILR application on. There is another question elsewhere which asks your total amount of time you have spent in the UK in which I would include your time on the PSW. Someone else was in a similar situation and did this with no problem. I am doing the same for my appointment next Monday as I came here on a T5 YMS for 2 years before obtaining sponsorship

imontier2
Newly Registered

Post by imontier2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 am

Lynz1988 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 am
imontier2 wrote:

It should be based on your tier 2 if that is what you are basing your ILR application on. There is another question elsewhere which asks your total amount of time you have spent in the UK in which I would include your time on the PSW. Someone else was in a similar situation and did this with no problem. I am doing the same for my appointment next Monday as I came here on a T5 YMS for 2 years before obtaining sponsorship
I could not find any section on online form asking total amount of time but yes, it is on the paper form.

Regards.

imontier2
Newly Registered

Post by imontier2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know if someone else in same situation as me (i.e., made mistake on online form). I just rang UKVI helpline number and explained the problem. They said I should fill new paper form and bring it with me to the appointment. Making changes on the online submitted print out is acceptable but is up to the case worker.

I hope it will be helpful to the others.

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 pm

imontier2 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 am
Lynz1988 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:53 am
imontier2 wrote:

I could not find any section on online form asking total amount of time but yes, it is on the paper form.

Regards.
There are definitely differences between the paper and online form (I've noticed a number of people ask about a question regarding living in another country including the country of birth which doesn't exist on the paper form)!!