ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Royal society) Stage 1 (Applying from India)

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manishbiyani
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 (Royal society) Stage 1 (Applying from India)

Post by manishbiyani » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:59 am

Hello everyone:

I shall appreciate if you could respond to the following queries. I am planning to apply Tier 1 (Royal society) Stage 1 (Applying from India)
Documents:
1) CV (A4 2 page)?
2) Cover letter (A4 2 page)? (Whether anyone has format from Royal society)?
3) One Recommendation letter from UK citizen: Whether it is sent directly to Royal Society or UKBA (in the application)? Scan copy or original should be shared? (A4 2 page)? I was told only One recommendation letter is required in case of Royal Society.
4) Publication & Patent list (A4 1 page)
5) Application form?

Any other documents?

Thank you very much to the site. I was unable to get information from Royal society or other means. After visiting the website, I have received a lot of inputs. So big thanks to the website & the members who are sharing the secret of their success.

user2018
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 1 (Royal society) Stage 1 (Applying from India)

Post by user2018 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:11 am

Hi,
Its a bit more complicated than that and depends on whether you applying under talent or promise. My wife applied to Royal society and she got her endorsement and we are currently in stage 2 right now.
If you read the manual on the website then you will find an ambiguous statement that promise category also has to meet one or more of the qualifying criteria (read page 27).

manishbiyani
Newly Registered
India

Post by manishbiyani » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks

I am applying for Promise category.

Most of the queries got answered after initiating my visa application at Home office website.

Only few query was left

My UK referee shall send his recommendation to home office directly or to me or Royal Society?

My CV and Cover (personal statements) should be mailed to what address?

Is it ok for you to list document for stage 1? Format for cover letter or personal statement shall be appreciated if she is opting for Promise category.

Many thanks!

user2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by user2018 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am

The letters need to be addressed to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and then the Sheffield Address.

I would highly recommend not to see anyone else's letters rather create your own. Also I would recommend you consider hiring a law firm. Our lawyer was extremely good. Also you would need to get a letter from a UK organization on top of an UK individual. Believe me that there are fine prints in the criteria that you would not be able to realise. The difference between the letter from a UK organization and the letter from a UK individual is quite nuanced. The law firm we hired cost us £1200. And its worth it.

user2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by user2018 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 am

Everything should be addressed to Tier 1 Exceptional talent and then the Sheffield address.

manishbiyani
Newly Registered
India

Post by manishbiyani » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks mate!
You mean to say

Initially addressed
To,
UK Visa & Immigration Home Office 
Tier 1
PO Box 496 Durham
DH99 1WQ

Hard copies of application: The courier shall be sent:
To,
Tier 1
Vulcan House, 6 Millsands, Sheffield
S3 8NU, United Kingdom

"Also you would need to get a letter from a UK organization on top of n UK individual": Unfortunately, I might not be in a position to get this as I don't have a job offer. The UK organization were I had done my PhD might not be keen on supporting this purpose as I had done my PhD long back in the UK. Ideally, Although, I would have preferred organization along with eminent UK person. The page 24 Home office criteria don't suggest Two recommendation for exceptional Promise category (Only for exceptional Talent).

Thanks: i looked into your previous suggestion. It mentioned to send Hard copies to Home office.

I wish, i could hire a lawyer, But it seems unmanageable. I agree with you point of professional insight is intangible. The template is useful & i got one from hear.

Once again thanks for sharing your valuable experience.

Thanks Manish!
user2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:57 am
The letters need to be addressed to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and then the Sheffield Address.

I would highly recommend not to see anyone else's letters rather create your own. Also I would recommend you consider hiring a law firm. Our lawyer was extremely good. Also you would need to get a letter from a UK organization on top of an UK individual. Believe me that there are fine prints in the criteria that you would not be able to realise. The difference between the letter from a UK organization and the letter from a UK individual is quite nuanced. The law firm we hired cost us £1200. And its worth it.

user2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by user2018 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:50 pm

All the best Manish. My personal experience from my wife's application is that never shy away from asking. You would be surprised about how people say yes in such moments. Read page 27, 3rd point from top. Even promise candidates have to get one/more of the qualifying criteria met. Try reaching out to professors from top universities, they often support in such cases given you have credentials. Or try the Post Doc route.

My wife applied in Immunology, what about you?

manishbiyani
Newly Registered
India

Post by manishbiyani » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:22 am

Thanks!
I shall give a shot based on your suggestion.

Please confirm the documents sent in stage 1 address on

Initially addressed (email or online application)
To,
Tier 1
PO Box 496 Durham
DH99 1WQ

To,
Tier 1
S3 8NU, United Kingdom

Pg 24: "Provide a written recommendation from a reputable UK organisation concerned with research in your field. The dated letter must be written by an authorised senior member of the organisation, such as a Chief Executive, Vice-Chancellor or similar, on official paper" This is meant for exceptional talent (confirmed from Royal society). For exceptional promise only 1 letter. Please cross check.

Immunology: It is a good area especially considering the current Noble prize (Immunotherapies).

Post Doc: I am not keen on lab works. I wish to restrict myself to a few hours in the lab. I am at mid- senior position in Industry. The pay is very low (30k-40k). After completion, it is much harder to get a job in Industry (based on my experience (a lot of friends struggled).

Applying: I am confused about the area: As I have worked in a wide range of area. I have mentioned pharmaceutical / Nutrition / Nutraceutical. I could mention Immunology, Neuroimmunology, Liver disease, CNS.

Please mention briefly about her: I am presuming she got endorsed by Royal society as you mentioned stage 2: Talent/promise (endorsed) PhD (National Institute)?? Years of exp?? Publication?? Patents?? Fellowship / Award??

I would appreciate if you could answer these questions.
Thanks!

manishbiyani
Newly Registered
India

Post by manishbiyani » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:24 am

Thanks!
I shall give a shot based on your suggestion.

Please confirm the documents sent in stage 1 address on

Initially addressed (email or online application)
To,
Tier 1
PO Box 496 Durham
DH99 1WQ

To,
Tier 1
S3 8NU, United Kingdom

Pg 24: "Provide a written recommendation from a reputable UK organisation concerned with research in your field. The dated letter must be written by an authorised senior member of the organisation, such as a Chief Executive, Vice-Chancellor or similar, on official paper" This is meant for exceptional talent (confirmed from Royal society). For exceptional promise only 1 letter. Please cross check.

Immunology: It is a good area especially considering the current Noble prize (Immunotherapies).

Post Doc: I am not keen on lab works. I wish to restrict myself to a few hours in the lab. I am at mid- senior position in Industry. The pay is very low (30k-40k). After completion, it is much harder to get a job in Industry (based on my experience (a lot of friends struggled).

Applying: I am confused about the area: As I have worked in a wide range of area. I have mentioned pharmaceutical / Nutrition / Nutraceutical. I could mention Immunology, Neuroimmunology, Liver disease, CNS.

Please mention briefly about her: I am presuming she got endorsed by Royal society as you mentioned stage 2: Talent/promise (endorsed) PhD (National Institute)?? Years of exp?? Publication?? Patents?? Fellowship / Award??

I would appreciate if you could answer these questions.
Thanks!

user2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by user2018 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:06 am

i will send you a LinkedIn invite and we can chat.

manishbiyani
Newly Registered
India

Post by manishbiyani » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks! Look forward!

name removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Members are reminded that everyone on the forum is a stranger and that we have many scammers and spammers who visit the forum daily!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.