ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Creative - Resident Labour test

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SammyH123
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 5 Creative - Resident Labour test

Post by SammyH123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for a Tier 5 Creative Visa. My sponsor company has advertised my role on two websites (with relevant screenshots) but I have now realised they have not advertised on the UK Government Job Search website.

The tier 2 guidance is clear that this is necessary, but the Tier 5 section does not explicitly mention it, it just refers to doing a resident labour market test. Does anyone know if it's a must for this visa?

Thank you so much for your help,

Sammy

Ericg
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Tier 5 Creative - Resident Labour test

Post by Ericg » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 am

Please someone should reply his question I need an answer to this, in my own case my sponsor did not do a resident labour market test but stated that I’m highly needed.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:14 pm

It's not always mandatory to meet the RLMT. For instance senior creative grades (director, producer, editor etc.) working on a film temporarily in the UK are deemed to meet the RLMT without advertising, as per the code of practice for film workers. Also, for entertainers, if they're very famous then that fact alone can be accepted in lieu of advertising. Some fields of performance art (music being the biggest) don't have a code of practice.

Temporary work on music tours (by band members and crew) don't have to be advertised or meet a code of practice, but certain principles such as "unit company" and continuity (from the theatre and film codes of practice) can be deemed to carry across.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Sometimes an RLMT is provably irrelevant. But, even where advertising etc. would be daft, the sponsor must always be able to prove that no settled workers are being displaced or denied job opportunities. If you work in the fields of theatre, dance, or film & TV, your sponsor must show you meet the relevant code of practice.