ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No NDRS or NCS appointments available???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnhkg
Hong Kong

No NDRS or NCS appointments available???

Post by johnhkg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:47 pm

I've been calling around. My nearest council offices providing these two services have said they are fully booked until the end of December and are not taking appointments beyond that. Is there something going on? Surely there has never been a problem booking appointments in the past. Anyone have any ideas?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No NDRS or NCS appointments available???

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:48 pm

A new system is being introduced, see link below.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvi-digit ... l#p1691284

You can of course use any council depending on how far you are prepared to travel and where you are based.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:56 pm

haha, some information at last!!! I continued calling round and got a reply from a more distant council saying that NDRS is ceasing at end November and it is likely to be outsourced to a private agency from then onwards. NCS should still be available in the meantime. If anyone is interested, Wokingham still have some NDRS appointments available in November.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 am

CR001, thanks for the information. I've read the link and the links within it. Very interesting, but also alarming. Firstly, because various councils are already shutting down handling NDRS and NCS processing before the replacement service operating within libraries has even been activated, let alone bedded in. Secondly, there seems to be no mention of passport applications in the new arrangements. This may be the end of JCAP, although the JCAP system is meant to provide the kind of one-stop process that Gov.uk are trying to achieve!!! Let's hope this isn't the case.