ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tourist Visa and Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

helping_hand
Newly Registered

UK Tourist Visa and Schengen Visa

Post by helping_hand » Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am

Hi
My mum is an Indian national. She is travelling to the UK on June 25th and has a six month visit visa expiring on Dec 23 2018.
we are planning a Europe trip in October 20-28, as we will be spending most days in France. she was going to apply for schengen through VFS for French consulate .

we have 2 problems

1. You can only apply for Schengen Visa 90 days before travel - But she is in the UK on June 25th and cannot do that from India , so I thought if I showed a travel for weekend in July and ask for a multiple entry visa that will solve my problem - Yes/No Advise please

2. Your UK residency must have at least 3 months validity after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area - We will leave Schengen on Oct 28th which means there is only 2 months left on her UK visa

So what can I do? if I apply for multiple entry Schengen with 2 visits one in July and one in October will it be approved?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: UK Tourist Visa and Schengen Visa

Post by Caravel88 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Apply for a Schengen visa quickly.
Ask for a visa valid until Dec 23 (or Dec 1), end of the UK visa.

Choose a date ~2 months from the date of application as the date of first entry to France.
And tell them you will be travelling again in October for another thing.

Example:
Visit 1st) Paris early/mid August for a city tour ..
Visit 2nd) Travel to Nice late October for the sun and the French riviera

This should get you a visa valid for 90 days (eg. Aug 1 -> Dec 1) with a 30 day stay (make sure to ask for it).

As long as your UK visa is valid, you can travel to the UK from any country even if a day is left on it.
You do not need 3 months left to enter the UK from France.
There won't be issues going back to the UK especially if you have your return ticket to India from the UK.
helping_hand wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am
Hi
My mum is an Indian national. She is travelling to the UK on June 25th and has a six month visit visa expiring on Dec 23 2018.
we are planning a Europe trip in October 20-28, as we will be spending most days in France. she was going to apply for schengen through VFS for French consulate .

we have 2 problems

1. You can only apply for Schengen Visa 90 days before travel - But she is in the UK on June 25th and cannot do that from India , so I thought if I showed a travel for weekend in July and ask for a multiple entry visa that will solve my problem - Yes/No Advise please

2. Your UK residency must have at least 3 months validity after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area - We will leave Schengen on Oct 28th which means there is only 2 months left on her UK visa

So what can I do? if I apply for multiple entry Schengen with 2 visits one in July and one in October will it be approved?

helping_hand
Newly Registered

Post by helping_hand » Fri May 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Thank you Caravel88.

My concern is The requirement below - It applies to the C TYPE VISITOR VISA which is the one my mum has

UK Residence permit (original and photocopy)
UK Residence permit, endorsed in the passport or issued as a Biometrics card, must be valid for at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area; C type visitor visa (see here) is also acceptable, however the minimum processing time may be considerably longer than the regular 2-weeks minimum processing time.
The tour/ visa agents I called are mentioning that they are quite strict on 3 month/ 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen.

All papers are ready to apply on Monday May 28th. As you suggest I am now booking a ticket for Paris for a week in middle of August. and Our second trip in October 20th is to Strasbourg
I guess we will have to take a chance.

All advise/help appreciated.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:33 pm

I understand the confusion there.
However a short stay visa is not a "residence permit".

Residence permits are BRPs, IRL, student visas, etc.
Anything that gives you right to stay for longer than 6 months in the UK in a given year basically.

Your plan sounds fantastic. Mid August Paris, late October Starsbourg.
helping_hand wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:18 pm
Thank you Caravel88.

My concern is The requirement below - It applies to the C TYPE VISITOR VISA which is the one my mum has

UK Residence permit (original and photocopy)
UK Residence permit, endorsed in the passport or issued as a Biometrics card, must be valid for at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area; C type visitor visa (see here) is also acceptable, however the minimum processing time may be considerably longer than the regular 2-weeks minimum processing time.
The tour/ visa agents I called are mentioning that they are quite strict on 3 month/ 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen.

All papers are ready to apply on Monday May 28th. As you suggest I am now booking a ticket for Paris for a week in middle of August. and Our second trip in October 20th is to Strasbourg
I guess we will have to take a chance.

All advise/help appreciated.

adhisetyo
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by adhisetyo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi helping_hand,

I am in the same situation like yours right now. Could you let me know what is the result of your application effort?

Thank you very much.

helping_hand
Newly Registered

Post by helping_hand » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi
Please email me and I can tell you what we did
regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm

helping_hand wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi
regards
Neither of you can email as your are not permitted to post personal contact information on the forum.

Post in public so that all may benefit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adhisetyo
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by adhisetyo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:46 am

Hi helping_hand,

Could you post it here? My situation is I have UK-short term student visa that will be expired on 5 March 2019. I need to visit Austria and other European countries fro 12 December 2018 to 29 December 2019. Could you give me any advice?

Thank you
helping_hand wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi
regards

helping_hand
Newly Registered

Post by helping_hand » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:48 am

Sorry i saw the message only now.
So my mum has UK tourist VISA so dont know if what we did will apply to you
Also she applied for Schengen in India.
She came here to UK in June and we are travelling in October to Europe. s to apply for the Schengen visa in India we had to show a travel with in 90 days. Which we did by showing a trip in August so we could apply for SCHENGEN in India

adhisetyo
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by adhisetyo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:53 am

Thanks for your response. In my case, I will apply the visa from UK. I have 6-month student short-term visa that valid until 5 March 2019. I need to be in Schengen countries in mid December to the end of December. Since the return date to UK is within 90 days of my UK visa expired date, I am thinking to do one of this scenario:

1. Applying only for a trip at the beginning of December when my visa expired date is still over 90 days and hope I can get Schengen multiple visa that valid 30 days that I can use for the second trip
2. Do the first scenario but I also mention in the cover letter that I will do the second trip in mid December to the end of December (within 90 days of my UK visa expired date)

Anyone could give me some help, which option will have better chance to get the visa approval?

Thank you very much