ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

Lost Indian Passport

Post by aditi.singh » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi,

I applied for my British passport and sent my Indian Passport as it was required.
Few weeks later I received my British Passport but my Indian Passport was lost by the HM Passport office.
I've letters from the passport office accepting that it was lost by them/Royal Mail.

Now, I need to apply for OCI but got no Indian passport to surrender.
I've read that I need to submit signed affidavit to get the 'Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate'.

Question:
1) I've been told there is a form on VFS website that I need to fill and take along for the appointment. But I am unable to find this form. Can someone please share the link?
2) also, someone told me I can take this form along with other supporting letters and the VFS office can stamp and sign my document for a small fee (10-20 GBP). Is this correct?
3) else, do I have to write my own affidavit (format / text) and get it done from a public notary only?

Option 2) sounds easier and cheaper.

Thanks in Advance
Aditi

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

Re: Lost Indian Passport

Post by aditi.singh » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Also,

On the VFS website, it only asks for a 'self-written declaration':

http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/Surrender.html
Off Topic
Applicants who are unable to provide the physical Indian Passport are required to provide a self-written declaration, addressed to the ‘High Commission of India, London’ or it’s respective consulates, with a detailed explanation for the misplacement/loss.
So, is a Notarized Affidavit really necessary?

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:47 pm

But self written is not accept any more. I been to india high commission as well. They give me same www. But I even do not find any form.

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

Post by aditi.singh » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Can someone please help !!

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

Post by aditi.singh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Anyone?

aditi.singh
Newly Registered

Post by aditi.singh » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am

anyone? help !

daljitg
Newly Registered

Post by daljitg » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi ,im pramanent british resident,i have lost my expired indian passport.i have changed my name by d.poll in british docoments coz someone was useing my details.can someone tell me how to inform indian ammbassy to cancal my passport and what docoments of name change do i need to provide to renew passport with new name.i be appreciate for responsing back asap .tnx

charmy244
Newly Registered

Post by charmy244 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:11 am

aditi.singh wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:50 pm
Hi,

I applied for my British passport and sent my Indian Passport as it was required.
Few weeks later I received my British Passport but my Indian Passport was lost by the HM Passport office.
I've letters from the passport office accepting that it was lost by them/Royal Mail.

Now, I need to apply for OCI but got no Indian passport to surrender.
I've read that I need to submit signed affidavit to get the 'Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate'.

Question:
1) I've been told there is a form on VFS website that I need to fill and take along for the appointment. But I am unable to find this form. Can someone please share the link?
2) also, someone told me I can take this form along with other supporting letters and the VFS office can stamp and sign my document for a small fee (10-20 GBP). Is this correct?
3) else, do I have to write my own affidavit (format / text) and get it done from a public notary only?

Option 2) sounds easier and cheaper.

Thanks in Advance
Aditi

Hi, I am in the same situation and can not find any form of help online. Can you please tell me if you have got OCI and how did you get renunciation certificate ?
It will be a great help. Thank you.