ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Self-Employed Business Accounts

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agolax999
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

EEA PR Self-Employed Business Accounts

Post by agolax999 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi,

I did a search and I don't this has been asked before.
I am applying for a PR, I have p60s for 6 years for when I was working at a company as an employee but the last 3 months I've been working as self employed. The P60s should be enought to verify I've been working for 6 years and should be sufficient for the PR but I am not 100% sure what paperwork I need to submit for the last 3 months that I am self employed so as to prove that I am still working in the UK.

In the guidance notes:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tes-v3.pdf
on Annex G page 25 it says:
"We accept any one of the following, covering the relevant qualifying period:
• proof of self-assessment with HMRC
• business accounts
• P60s, including tax and National Insurance contributions for the relevant qualifying period
If you are able to send these, you do not need to provide additional evidence of self-employment."

However, if you read further down it says if you do not have this you need to provide one item from EACH of the Categories 1.2.3. On cat.3 it says:
• business bank statements – you or your sponsor must be named on the account, or otherwise provide evidence to show that you/they have access to the account.

I have not been trading long enough to have self-assessment with HRMC or P60 so I would like to provide bank statements of my business accounts. But it's not clear what it means and it's confusing that as an alternative choice it says I can give the business bank statements in category 3.

Could someone please tell me what business accounts in this case means?

Thank you very much in advance and apologies for the long question! :D

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA PR Self-Employed Business Accounts

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:19 pm

You only need to provide evidence for 5 years of exercising treaty rights - so just send 5 (or 6) P60s, no need to send anything else.

My QP was Feb 2010-Feb 2015, soI had to senc 6 P60s (2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015).

Add a covering letter where you clearly specify what 5-year qualifying period you're applying for.

If the end of the 5-year qualifying period was less than two years ago, you don't need to send anything else. If it was more than 5 years ago, you need to provide 1 piece of evidence of residence (not of work) for every year since the end of the QP.

So given your self-employment is after the end of your QP, no need to send evidence you've continued to work.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA PR Self-Employed Business Accounts

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Sorry, correcting error below:

If the end of the 5-year qualifying period was less than two years ago, you don't need to send anything else. If it was more than *two* years ago, you need to provide 1 piece of evidence of residence (not of work) for every year since the end of the QP.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.