ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Post by Maliklahore » Sat May 17, 2008 7:17 pm

golwaycat wrote:Hi All ,

I had applied in Sept 05 and have not received any responce so far beasides a letter 2 years go stating they will examine my file in more detail. The acknowledgement letter from the Dept to my application is dated Sept 29th 05. Do I need to write to them for a status or shall I just wait ............. thanks to let me know

Cheers
GG
Hi
I just passed my 2 years and got visa for another 2 years with stamp 4 i am fully skilled in I.T. and can get job any ware very easily.
I am thinking to quit Ireland and start looking for Canada and New Zealand i am absolutely pissed off while looking in LTR and Nationality procedure over here. Can anyone advice on this what country going fast in this case. My wife got HSMP in UK is HSMP is more fast then Irish naturalization ?

Regards
M

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 am

It's entirely possible to apply to go to New Zealand as as permanent resident and be entitled to a lot of things New Zealanders are (although there is a 2 year wait on some social welfare payments) without any real wait. I think it's possible (but don't know the practice) to have a PR visa issued within 3-4 months.

Countries such as Australia are taking at least 12 months to process these. There are other ways into the country as well, like work permits (it's possible to get an open work permit, and I think this is a "pathway" to residency).

You have to live in New Zealand as a permanent resident for 5 years (no other time spent under any other status will count) before being able to apply for citizenship. I think this may take 8 months or so.

flabb2
Newly Registered

Citizenship application

Post by flabb2 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:08 pm

Just to let you guys know I applied in May 2005 and no news yet. I contacted the DOJ by phone and they checked my ref number and said I just need to wait longer.At the time the info in INIS site read (...) currently reviewing applications received UP TO August 2005. No news since then. If I manage to talk to them tomorrow I will let you know what is going on :(

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon May 19, 2008 1:52 pm

@flabb2

Don't waste any more time, send them a letter and ask for an update.

Mendo
________
Suzuki Dl1000 V-Strom Specifications
Last edited by mendo on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

golwaycat
Newly Registered

Post by golwaycat » Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 am

Hi flabb2

have you heard anythting yet or did u manage to speak to them ? My application was submitted in sept 2005 and i got a request to send further documentation 2 weeks ago , which i did but no news since .....

thanks to keep us posted

cheers

GG

golwaycat
Newly Registered

Post by golwaycat » Thu May 22, 2008 11:53 am

Mendo/ Everyone

pls advice me is it worth to appy for "Without Condition As To Time Endorsements" while i am waititng for my naturalisation ? I qualify with 8 years of living legally so pls advice.Also they mention I can make a direct appointment after calling the help line , what does that mean , will they give me the stamp right away after they meet me ?

thanks to your advice

GG

mhelix
Newly Registered

Post by mhelix » Thu May 22, 2008 12:16 pm

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu May 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Categories of qualifying persons

1. Applicant has resided in the legally in the State more than eight years
2. Applicant has previous passport endorsement

If you have completed 8 years legal residency in Ireland excluding student conditions you may qualify for a "Without Condition as to Time" endorsement. In order for this office to ensure that you qualify for a "Without Condition As To Time" endorsement you are required to submit the following original documents:-

1. All expired passports in respect of yourself, since arriving in the State
2. Your current passport

New applications for Without Condition As To Time endorsements can be obtained only by post.

Renewal of Without Condition As To Time endorsements can be made by appointment or by post.
Appointments are available on Tuesday or Thursday mornings from 10.00am until 11.30am.
Applicants can arrange appointments by telephone via the Immigration Helpline, (01) 6167700, Option No. 3 (3).

Alternatively, individuals may make an application in writing by registered post to;

Without Condition Endorsement Section
INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

Accompanied by the relevant documentation and a short covering note including all their contact details.
You can only apply by post the first time, only for a renewal you can do it "by appointment" or by post.

Anyway, it would be very interesting how long would it take them to process these kind of applications, I suspect it will take as long as the LTR. .

@golwaycat yes I would recommend you, to apply for LTR WCATT (LTR Without Condition As To Time) you've nothing to lose.
Don't forget to apply only after 8years*365 days=2920 days of permanent residency based on Work Permit or Working Visa.

mendo
________
Yamaha fs1e history
Last edited by mendo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

golwaycat
Newly Registered

Post by golwaycat » Fri May 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi Mendo /Others

thanks , just one last clarification. It is mentioned that I can apply on my own for the Leave without condition as long as i submit my original documents. Or do you think it is better to first write to them to send me a application form ?

thanks as i am seriously considering this option

regards

GG

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Fri May 23, 2008 3:53 pm

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:05 pm

@golwaycat

I think that there isn't an "application form", they only mean a cover letter and copies of all your passports with all the stamps.
________
Marijuana Vaporizers
Last edited by mendo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackab2
Newly Registered

getting pro-active

Post by jackab2 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:03 pm

I have as of today got about 60 people who have applied for citizenship to post out a letter to the minister of justice. This letter is the one posted on this forum.
I strongly advise that we keep posting these to the minister as well as to the newspapers. KEEP UP THE PRESSURE. What about a protest in the front of the minister of justice???? There must be more legal avenues available that we can peruse!

jackab2
Newly Registered

More hoops

Post by jackab2 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sat May 24, 2008 12:12 pm

I will agree. Remember in USA illegal Irish immigrants (and others) stopped working one day and it made a huge impact.

jackab2
Newly Registered

Post by jackab2 » Sat May 24, 2008 2:08 pm

That is a great idea. However, logistically it would be very difficult to implement as a lot of citizen applicants would not know of the protest. Any idea's as to getting this across?

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:11 pm

It is time for the US multinationals to pull out of Ireland, move those jobs back to America and take the skilled immigrants along. The government will then hopefully get their act together.

Ireland is a banana republic, its really not worth the pain!

jackab2
Newly Registered

Post by jackab2 » Sat May 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Well for one, two of my closest friends and family have now left Ireland for Australia.
The reasoning is that by the time the citizen application is processed in Ireland they would have already got their Australian citizenship. The other being that the wether is sooooooo much better. I however like it here and as my great grandfather was from Ireland I am here to stay.

Getting back to the issue at hand, how about a dedicated web site setting out the immigration issues and problems. Thus warning prospective immigrants that Ireland is not a place to settle down?????????

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sat May 24, 2008 4:50 pm

The idea of website appeals to me however I will rather use it as a spokesman for all the legal immigrants into the state and showcase/voice their difficulties in here rather than using it to alert people not to come here.

We can rather think of forming a lobby and representing/liaising with government too. I think so far no such body has been formed that can take our problems to the government and establish some kind of a "thread" between the two.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat May 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Jackab2 - Glad to hear that 60 people sent the letter to Dept of Justice. I am trying to get atleast 20 people to send the letter to Dept of Justice & Media. I would also ask everyone to send the letter.

I have been saying long time about protesting in Dublin, if not in respective counties, atleast for an hour, to highlight the issue. Something is better than doing nothing.

I also agree with the idea of setting web site for legal immigrants.

Recently, I sent an email Migrant Council, to highlight the delay. They have acknowledged my email and responded to me saying that they are constanly following up with the Govt.

Regards

Ch

jackab2
Newly Registered

PRO ACTIVE

Post by jackab2 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:48 pm

Great lets get the ball rolling. As concerning a web site, we need to get the best idea's and content. I will be willing to setup and run this web site. So come on board and lets get the content and idea's. Concerning a lobby group, lets set this in motion.

Anyone who wants to contribute ideas and assistance email me at yyyyyyy so we can get on with this

GET PRO-ACTIVE
Last edited by jackab2 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sun May 25, 2008 9:30 am

The sections of the website that I can think of are:

1. Home/About Us
2. Contact Us/Join Us
3. Online Petition (it will need two types of functionality: one to write it and others to sign it)
4. A forum of its own (similar to this)
5. News (this is where we can add relevant news items from local newspapers)
6. Links - links to various Govt and other helpful websites
7. Forms and Procedures - various forms and procedures for people who want to apply for WP, Visa, etc

jackab2
Newly Registered

Post by jackab2 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks for the idea's "Guess-Any-Name". Will include these in the website.
COME ON PEOPLE GET PRO-ACTIVE AND CONTRIBUTE TO IDEA'S. I would like to get this up and runing ASAP.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sun May 25, 2008 8:45 pm

New decentralised offices of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) open in Tipperary Town

The operations of the Citizenships Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) have today commenced in the decentralised location of Tipperary Town.

The decentralisation of the Citizenship Section to temporary offices in Tipperary Town has resulted in the initial relocation of 60 posts. Staff numbers will rise to 90 before the end of 2008 and the full complement of 186 staff will relocate when a new permanent office block has been developed.

Huge progress has been made in implementing the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform’s decentralisation programme under which just over 900 posts are scheduled to relocate from Dublin to provincial locations by 2010. To date over 500 posts from 12 agencies (including INIS) have decentralised to 7 different locations around the country. They are:

· The Citizenship Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service and The Private Security Authority have commenced operations in Tipperary Town;
· The Headquarters of the Irish Prison Service has relocated to Longford Town;
· The Garda Central Vetting Unit and the Fixed Charge Penalty Office are now operational in Thurles;
· The Data Protection Commissioners Office has moved to Portarlington;
· Sections of the Property Registration Authority have moved to Roscommon town;
· Navan now hosts staff from the Garda Civilian Human Resources Unit, the National Property Services Regulatory Authority, the Probation Service and the Coroners Unit; and
· The Equality Authority now has an Office in Roscrea.

28 April 2008

flabb2
Newly Registered

Pending citizenship application

Post by flabb2 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:03 am

:(
Since i last contacted the office by phone I haven't received any news apart from : All applications will be processed in due time. I wrote them a letter and no news so far. I will keep you guys posted.

flabb2
Newly Registered

extra docs

Post by flabb2 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:05 am

Hi Golwaycat,
What extra documents did they request?

Thanks
Flabb2