ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa decision made but no call from ukvi

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

H_M_123
Newly Registered

spouse settlement visa uk email vfsglobal

Post by H_M_123 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am

received an email from vfsglobal regarding my visa application what does it mean???

Your processed visa application has been received at the Visa Application Centre CRM XXX

Dear XXX
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - XXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/19/2018 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto-generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: spouse settlement visa uk email vfsglobal

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Means passport has arrived back at the VFS centre you submitted your biometrics in and a decision has been made on your visa.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 am

but how do i know what the decision is? and how do i know i can go collect my passport? do i pick up the passport from the uk or where it was handed in, in pakistan? will they be sending another email to confirm?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:00 am

H_M_123 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 am
but how do i know what the decision is? and how do i know i can go collect my passport? do i pick up the passport from the uk or where it was handed in, in pakistan? will they be sending another email to confirm?
You will only know what the decision is when you collect the passport in the country the application was made!!

UKVI don't tell you by email what the outcome is!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:09 am

Im confused does the email mean that my passport is ready for collection????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 am

H_M_123 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am
received an email from vfsglobal regarding my visa application what does it mean???

Your processed visa application has been received at the Visa Application Centre CRM XXX

Dear XXX
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - XXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 10/19/2018 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto-generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am

so i should go collect the passport? alternativley who can i call to find out if i should go and collect it??

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm

H_M_123 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am
so i should go collect the passport? alternativley who can i call to find out if i should go and collect it??
You should go collect the passport from VFS centre you had applied to (unless you had asked it to be couriered to your address in Pakistan)
Once you have passport, you will know if visa was granted or not.

Good luck :)

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:34 pm

but the email doesnt say that a decision has been made regarding the visa, so how can i be sure that the passport is ready to be picked up?

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:37 pm

H_M_123 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:34 pm
but the email doesnt say that a decision has been made regarding the visa, so how can i be sure that the passport is ready to be picked up?
It doesn’t say a decision is not made either 😉

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:58 pm

yeah but I cant drive for 2 hours just for a 50/50 chance that they may have made a decision so i can go pick up my passport?

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Call them in that case?
None of forum members, unfortunately, would’ve access to immigration records to help posters.

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Visa decision made but no call from ukvi

Post by H_M_123 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 am

just for some background info I am a German National and sponsored my husband to live in the U.K. with me, he is from Pakistan.

Today my husband received a call that my passport is ready to be picked up from the visa application Center. However I have not received any emails of calls of the visa officer regarding an interview, is that a bad sign? We only applied for the visa two weeks ago is it bad that they made a decision so quickly? Does a quick decision mean it is most likely rejected?

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 am

Today my husband received a call that my passport is ready to be picked up from the visa application Center. However I have not received any emails of calls of the visa officer regarding an interview, is that a bad sign? We only applied for the visa two weeks ago is it bad that they made a decision so quickly? Does a quick decision mean it is most likely rejected?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 am

The only sign is opening the passport to find a visa or not
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa decision made but no call from ukvi

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:43 am

H_M_123 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 am
just for some background info I am a German National and sponsored my husband to live in the U.K. with me, he is from Pakistan.

Topics merged!!!!

It would have been useful to state in your first post that you are German.

Are you only German or dual German/British?

How long have you been in the UK and are you working??

Can you clarify what exactly you have applied for as your topic states spouse settlement visa when you likely should have applied for an EEA family permit under the EU directive??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

H_M_123
Newly Registered

Post by H_M_123 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 am

Sorry I thought spouse settlement and eea family permit would be the same thing?

I applied for the eea family Permit. I’ve been living in the U.K. for 10 years. I am working and I do meet the minimum wage requirement, with evidnce of past 6 months payslip and bank statements.

That being said should I be worried that they are giving back the passport so quickly?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 am

. Sorry I thought spouse settlement and eea family permit would be the same thing?
No they are not the same thing and are two different applications under two completely different sets of rules.

Spouse settlement visa is on form VAF4A and Appendix 2. Both not relevant to eea family permit applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:16 pm

To the OP:

If you are not prepared to drive two hours to find out then perhaps this was not the visa process for you! It is littered with annoyances, confusing language, bad service and, not least, exorbitant costs.

One thing though, you might be able to call and ask them to courier the passport to you if you can pay with a card?

Either way you simply have to get the passport! If it does mean a two hour drive, just get your favourite music on the sound system in the car, relax and be positive.

priorygroup
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by priorygroup » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:24 pm

I will advice you to go to the application Centre straightaway. My settlement visa was granted on the 20th 0f Sep but I received my document back on 19th of OCt, just one day to the expiring of my visa. Thank God for my hubby who bought the flight ticket for me and son straightaway. We are in uk now.