ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR - clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leng72
Newly Registered
France

Tier 2 General to ILR - clarification

Post by leng72 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi,

I am completing 5 years on Tier 2 General this month (from Oct 2013 to Oct 2018). I have changed job twice (Tier 2 General with 3 different employers) in this period - the last change being in Sept 2018.

My questions are:

1. My 1st employer says they can't provide the absense letter. Is writing a self-explanation with dates of absenses is enough or anything more can be done (such as additional documents like payslips, copies of passport pages with travel dates)?

2. Since I have joined my current (3rd) employer last month, my last 3 months payslips will have different salaries due to salary change (but both my salaries with 2nd & 3rd employers are well above 36K requirement). Would this be an issue?

3. I have the following docs:
- SET(O) from
- 3 months payslips
- 3 months bank statements
- Letter from my employer stating I am needed for the forseeable future
- Life in the UK test
- Absense letters from 2nd & 3rd employer
- Masters degree in UK (for English)
- Photographs
- Passports

Is there any additional documents I should submit (such as council tax, P60, proof of address, rental agreement, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - clarification

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 am

leng72 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:18 pm
Hi,

I am completing 5 years on Tier 2 General this month (from Oct 2013 to Oct 2018). I have changed job twice (Tier 2 General with 3 different employers) in this period - the last change being in Sept 2018.

My questions are:

1. My 1st employer says they can't provide the absense letter. Is writing a self-explanation with dates of absenses is enough or anything more can be done (such as additional documents like payslips, copies of passport pages with travel dates)? You need to write a cover explaining why they are not able to provide the letter and then provide the evidence yourself. tickets, stamps on passport etc

2. Since I have joined my current (3rd) employer last month, my last 3 months payslips will have different salaries due to salary change (but both my salaries with 2nd & 3rd employers are well above 36K requirement). Would this be an issue?
Although people do submit 2-3 months payslip, you are only required to provide your most recent payslip.if you decide to use 3 months payslip and 3 months statements, include it in a cover letter and explain what you have done. You should be fine because UKVI just wants to see your salary going into your account
3. I have the following docs:
- SET(O) from
- 3 months payslips
- 3 months bank statements
- Letter from my employer stating I am needed for the forseeable future
- Life in the UK test
- Absense letters from 2nd & 3rd employer
- Masters degree in UK (for English)
- Photographs
- Passports

Is there any additional documents I should submit (such as council tax, P60, proof of address, rental agreement, etc)?

Thanks in advance!
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Lynz1988
Canada

Post by Lynz1988 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 pm

My ILR was approved yesterday and I didn't have an absence letter from my first employer. I instead had a letter from them explaining why they couldn't provide an absence record and I wrote a cover letter detailing salary, CoS details, dates of employment, the fact that I was paid my regular salary for any dates I left the UK and returned to normal working hours, and I also included a table of absences which was clearly marked by which employer the dates fell under. I also included (and referenced in my cover letter) that I had payslips covering my entire employment with the company and if they needed more evidenciary information, to let me know. I had bank statements with me as supplemental evidence if needed but was not asked. I didn't include these statements in my application as it was a LOT of additional paperwork; only had them if needed (if I had of been out of the country for more than 30 days I probably would have submitted this). UKVI clearly went through my payslips as I had them in order and they were definitely out of order when I received my docs back!

leng72
Newly Registered
France

Post by leng72 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

Thanks Djsuccess for response - makes sense and I'll write cover letter explaining the absences.

leng72
Newly Registered
France

Post by leng72 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:45 am

Thanks Lynz1988 - that's very helpful info!