ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sp123rash
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to Spouse

Post by sp123rash » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello everyone

Can someone please help me with my below queries.

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT visa which is valid until 2020. I am living in UK since August 2010 on Tier 2 ICT visa.
I got married 6 years ago in India. Me and my wife have been living together in the UK since then.
My wife had initially entered the UK as my dependant but later got a Tier 2 General visa processed by her employer.
My wife completed 5 years on Tier 2 General visa and got her ILR approved last week. We have a child who is on Tier 2 General Dependant visa (Dependant of my wife).
I would now want to switch my visa as a Dependant of my wife(currently on ILR).
My queries are

1. Can I switch my visa from within the UK?
2. Which visa do I need to apply to become the dependant of my wife(settled status)? Which form do I need to fill in order to switch my visa type if applying from withing UK?
3. If I switch my visa from withing the UK, will I still be able to apply for ILR in 2020 under the Long Residency (10 years) rule? Or would I have to complete another 5 years in the UK as the dependant of my wife to get an ILR?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Spouse

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:05 pm

1. Yes.

2. Form FLR(M). You need to meet the English and financial requirements.

3. Yes, if you meet the long residence requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sp123rash
Newly Registered
India

Post by sp123rash » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

Can you please also confirm how many years of cohabiting evidence do I need to submit for my Spouse visa

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 pm

sp123rash wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT visa which is valid until 2020. I am living in UK since August 2010 on Tier 2 ICT visa.
After 5 years on tier 2 ICT visa you must have got ILR probably in 2015.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 pm
sp123rash wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm

After 5 years on tier 2 ICT visa you must have got ILR probably in 2015.
Not if it was issued after 6 April 2010.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sp123rash
Newly Registered
India

Post by sp123rash » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am

As mentioned by CR001, since my Tier 2 ICT was issued after April 2010, I was not eligible for ILR under 5 year route.

Can you please let me know if 2 years of cohabitation proof is enough or should I be showing evidence of more years of cohabitation for the Spouse visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:38 pm

sp123rash wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am
As mentioned by CR001, since my Tier 2 ICT was issued after April 2010, I was not eligible for ILR under 5 year route.

Can you please let me know if 2 years of cohabitation proof is enough or should I be showing evidence of more years of cohabitation for the Spouse visa?
Usually at first spouse visa application there is no need of cohabitation rather proof of subsisting relationship needs but in your case since you living with your partner already from years then attach as much as you can from previous years. And usually in subsequent extensions the proof of 2 years cohabitation from the date of application is needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sp123rash
Newly Registered
India

Documents for Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa

Post by sp123rash » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:46 pm

I am going to switch my visa from Tier 2 ICT Long Term staff to Spouse visa and have got an appointment for 22nd Nov at a Premium centre. I have mentioned the documents I will be submitting as part of my application. Can someone please confirm if I have all the correct required documents?

Background
I got married 6 years ago in India. I and my wife have been living together in the UK since then.
My wife had initially entered the UK as my dependent but later got a Tier 2 General visa processed by her employer.
My wife completed 5 years on Tier 2 General visa and got her ILR approved in October 2018. We have a child who is on Tier 2 General Dependent visa (Dependent of my wife) valid until October 2019. She is 4 years old and will continue on the current visa until expiry.
We live in a rented 2 bedroom apartment. The tenancy agreement is on my wife’s name.
I am now going to switch my visa from Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa. The financial requirements are met through my wife’s salary. She has been working for the same employer for last 5 years. I have an appointment for 22nd November at a Premium Service Center.

Documents
1. Completed FLR (M) form (version 07.2018)
2. Applicants current passport
3. Applicants previous passport
4. Applicants BRP
5. Sponsors current passport
6. Sponsors previous passport
7. Sponsors BRP
8. 2 passport sized photographs of applicant
9. 1 passport sized photograph of the sponsor
10. Applicant’s UK NARIC Certificate
11. Applicant’s Degree Certificate
12. Marriage Certificate
13. Childs passport
14. Childs BRP
15. Childs Birth certificate
16. Sponsors Employment confirmation letter
17. Sponsors 6 months’ pay slips
18. Sponsors 6 months Bank statement
19. Sponsors Employment Contract
20. Sponsors P60 (issued april 2018)
21. Letters of correspondence addressed to the sponsor and applicant in the current address for last 2 years
22. Few Photographs of applicant with sponsor and child to show the subsisting relationship
23. Letter from NHS in child’s name to show the child’s registered address
24. Council bill for the nursery attended by the child (shows registered address for the child)
25. Tenancy Agreement (in the sponsor’s name – issued in March 2015).

Also, could you also clarify the below queries?

1. Do I need to submit letter from the renting agency that I am living at my current address.
2. Since we have a child who is in UK already in Tier 2 General Dependent visa, what is the amount I need to mention as the answer to the question of “What is the financial requirement you are required to meet”? Is it 18600 or 22400?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Documents for Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:44 pm

1. Preferably get a new tenancy agreement of that flat and also ask letting agency/landlord to write a NOC letter permitting you to stay there to meet accommodation requirements.

2. Since the child is not British/EEA national so wont be exempted from financial requirements so the requirement will be £22400