ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU marrying no EU

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Barrack13
Newly Registered
Pakistan

EU marrying no EU

Post by Barrack13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible for EU citizen with UK PR Card living and studying full time can marry
a non EU in uk without showing 18,600?

Will i get 5 year visa or 2.5 year visa? My EU spouse
Works part time 16 hours a week. He foes not own
A house. He lives with his parents house.

Is there a financial requirement that we need to meet.

loaiuk
Newly Registered
India

Re: EU marrying no EU

Post by loaiuk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:20 pm

If he is an EEA national ( not British ) then you don’t need to show anything and he Don’t have to work

You just need to send your marriage certificate and his PR Card with the EEA RC application and they will issue you 5 yrs residence card

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:29 pm

In order to marry in the UK, you will have to give notice at a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO, who can the extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately should they choose to do so before the marriage can go ahead.

What is your current immigration status in the UK :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Barrack13
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Barrack13 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 am

Current visa status is tier 4 student

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:02 am

Barrack13 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Is there a financial requirement that we need to meet.
You two will need to be 'self-sufficient' and have comprehensive sickness insurance. Parental contributions will be allowed, but initially your earnings will be restricted to lawful earnings as a student on a Tier 4 visa.