ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

joining date on CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raj276
Newly Registered
India

joining date on CoS

Post by raj276 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi, I recently got an offer from a UK company, to their London office. Now they are applying for COS. I wish to know if the joining date is to be mentioned in the COS. I understand that after getting the COS, the visa should be applied in 3 months. after getting the visa, what is the time in which i should land in UK. Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: joining date on CoS

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:08 pm

Yes, the start date needs to be mentioned in the CoS. You must apply within 3 months of the CoS being issued.

Your initial visa will only be valid for 30 days and you need to enter the UK within the 30 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raj276
Newly Registered
India

Re: joining date on CoS

Post by raj276 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:04 am

Thanks for that quick reply.. my doubt is > I am currently working in the UAE and I need to give 1 month notice period at my office when resigning, on top I need addition 3 weeks approx. to dispose and settle everything in UAE before starting the job in UK. So if they are applying for the COS in a day or two, how do I give the joining date, as the time for processing COS/visa are not exactly known.
I believe the date to be submitted in COS application = time for processing COS+time for processing visa+ my requirement( 1month notice+3 weeks) =??
As the first two are not certain, how do I fix the joining date now.

Thanks a lot for the help on this site,