ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge for New Borns after they are 3m

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saadali855
Newly Registered

Immigration Health Surcharge for New Borns after they are 3m

Post by saadali855 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 am

Hi,
I am currently on a tier 2 visa and i will be going for my ILR in 7months time. We had a baby in March 2017 and given that i had no plans to travel abroad with the baby i have no intentions to apply for her immigration application. Recently i read on some forums that kids born to Non-EEA parents are only exempt from NHS until they are 3months old.

This seems like a trap to me where i have to spend £1200 or so pounds for no reason at all!....as, so far i have not come across any method which will allow me to only pay for IHS and not the Tier 2 dependent visa!

As far as my knowledge goes Babies born in the UK dont need a visa unless they are travelling abroad and want to come back to UK.

Kindly guide me if anyone has been through similar circumstances. It just seems a waste a £600.00 to be spent on an immigration application. I dont mind paying IHS(but IHS is tied to immigration application!! :( )

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for New Borns after they ar

Post by makky86 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:26 am

saadali855 wrote:Hi,
I am currently on a tier 2 visa and i will be going for my ILR in 7months time. We had a baby in March 2017 and given that i had no plans to travel abroad with the baby i have no intentions to apply for her immigration application. Recently i read on some forums that kids born to Non-EEA parents are only exempt from NHS until they are 3months old.

This seems like a trap to me where i have to spend £1200 or so pounds for no reason at all!....as, so far i have not come across any method which will allow me to only pay for IHS and not the Tier 2 dependent visa!

As far as my knowledge goes Babies born in the UK dont need a visa unless they are travelling abroad and want to come back to UK.

Kindly guide me if anyone has been through similar circumstances. It just seems a waste a £600.00 to be spent on an immigration application. I dont mind paying IHS(but IHS is tied to immigration application!! :( )
Hi,

That is not correct. Babies born in UK are not considered overstaye. They will be eligbile for free NHS.

I know someone personally who had their baby born in UK while they were on student visa. They applied for visa for baby when they switched to Tier 2.

I hope that clears things up.

Don't apply visa for your baby. Once you get ILR ,you apply to register as BC
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:

Hi,

That is not correct. Babies born in UK are not considered overstaye. They will be eligbile for free NHS.

I know someone personally who had their baby born in UK while they were on student visa. They applied for visa for baby when they switched to Tier 2.

If a child is over 3 months old and without a visa, any NHS services will be charged at 150% of the costs.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 am

Casa wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Hi,

If a child is over 3 months old and without a visa, any NHS services will be charged at 150% of the costs.
oh I didn't know that. I am sorry.

But how come my friend daughter went through surgery and all while she didn't have any visa. She is british now

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 am

Possibly before the rules on NHS treatment were tightened.

Chapter 1: Page 10 Exempt categories of person (includes)
"A child born in the UK to an above mentioned exempt person is also exempt from charge
up to the age of three months provided that the child has not left the UK since birth."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... g_accs.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Casa wrote:Possibly before the rules on NHS treatment were tightened.

Chapter 1: Page 10 Exempt categories of person (includes)
"A child born in the UK to an above mentioned exempt person is also exempt from charge
up to the age of three months provided that the child has not left the UK since birth."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... g_accs.pdf
Yes you're right. She was born in 2005. The family got ILR way before 2015.

Sorry my bad.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:21 pm

HI,

This has given me too much stress. Are you sure this applies to babies of Tier 2 migrants as well?

My son was born in July 2016 and we did not apply for his visa yet as we were not planning to travel. We will be applying for his visa in September along with the IHS as we are planning to travel in December now.

Are we too late for applying his visa now?

Thanks,
Hassan

Khan26
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for New Borns after they are 3m

Post by Khan26 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi,

Have you managed to get a reply?

Regards

Arathi13
Newly Registered
India

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge for New Borns after they are 3m

Post by Arathi13 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:52 pm

saadali855 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 am
Hi,

Hello,

Can you please update the outcome. I will be in a similar situation very soon so wondering if i can get away with applying for baby's visa an directly apply for their british citizenship after i get my ILR.