ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained rights or residence, sending original passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maybotpleasego
Newly Registered

Retained rights or residence, sending original passport

Post by Maybotpleasego » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi, my ex wife wants to use my original passport to send to home office for retained rights of residence. Can she just use my driving license ?

Can the home office fail this application because of not sending the original? I need it for work

Ex wife came on surinder singh and has UK resident card 5 years. Married more than 4 years. Im still living in the UK.

Any help or experience is appreciated!

Mike

Maybotpleasego
Newly Registered

Re: Retained rights or residence, sending original passport

Post by Maybotpleasego » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Sorry to bump my own thread.

I have phoned the home office and they are stating sending a driving license is sufficient identity for my ex wife (ukrainian national) to apply for ROR is fine. On this forum i have read of refusals. Confused?

I work abroad often and isnt convenient for her to use my passport. I can provide lots of other ID and photocopies..

Any help is appreciated?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Maybotpleasego wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 pm
Hi, my ex wife wants to use my original passport to send to home office for retained rights of residence. Can she just use my driving license ?
No, she needs either your passport or your national ID card.
Maybotpleasego wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 pm
I have phoned the home office and they are stating sending a driving license is sufficient identity for my ex wife (ukrainian national) to apply for ROR is fine. On this forum i have read of refusals. Confused?
I wouldn't trust the advice of the HO staff - they're notorious for giving out the wrong information over the phone.
Maybotpleasego wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 pm
I work abroad often and isnt convenient for her to use my passport. I can provide lots of other ID and photocopies..
You can coordibate with her to time her application for a time when you're not expecting to travel, and then request your passport back via the Passport Return HO link. It's advised to wait two weeks after sending the application before requestion the passport back via the link.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

Maybotpleasego
Newly Registered

Post by Maybotpleasego » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Hey NikiGlo,

Thanks for your reply!

I dont have a national ID card, i looked online and there is a citizencard but looked at reviews and they are useless apparently.

What other ID companies are there?

But you are right its easier to use passport when im not travelling

Thanks again