ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cgronow
Newly Registered

Overstaying visitor visa

Post by cgronow » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:10 am

My fiancé is due to leave on the 11th December, I am British and we are going to the USA to get married and then he’s going to come back on a marriage visa. However flights are really expensive and I’m due some important hospital vists around the 20th ( I have a chronic illness ) . Would we have strict consequences if we left around the 27th December? We meet all the requirements because I have a disability I only need to earn a certain amount to show I can afford to take care of us (which I do) and we have been together just over 2 years and we have proof. Any advice is great thank you !

vinny

Re: Overstaying visitor visa

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:16 am

It’s not a good idea to overstay. However, she may be okay when applying for a spouse visa. Must declare overstaying.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.