ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lyds
Newly Registered
Uganda

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Lyds » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Lots of good news . Hope everyone still waiting gets a visa. Amen

Arham208

Post by Arham208 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 pm

fahim93 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm
hey guys, Alhamdulillah i got my visa today, the long wait is over finally!!
Hi congrats... Can u plz tell what's ur case history???

shan101

Post by shan101 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:05 am

Teechoudz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
Thanks Bathanza
I applied for FLR fp for my wife . Me and my son are british citizens
From my own experience if you have waited for more than 6 months then it’s best to contact them continuously. Il post below my full timeline so it can help my fellow people hopefully.

Applied 23 November 2017
Biometrics enrolled 27 November 2017
Rang 0300 number on 27th may 2018.
They emailed me on 28th May saying’application still not completed’
I rang them again the week around 5/6th June. The advisor wasn’t really bothered and they actually said I have to wait 1 whole month for another update.
I rang the following week telling them my mother in law is ill back home and also send a letter to the Sheffield P.O. box. Didn’t receive any acknowledgment about the letter.
On the 15th June eid day I emailed them by selecting the option applied outside the uk but in the email I explained that I need to travel in July etc. It cost me £5.48 for the email.
Again they replied the same generic thing saying application not been completed. I rang them a couple days later on the outside the uk line which cost 1.31per min. To be honest That advisor was helpful and he said he will escalate the case again but unfortunately the following day I got the same reply ‘app not completed ‘!! I was very gutted to see that but on the 20th of June I went to see my Mp. Now tbh my mp said he would send HO a letter but today I received the visa and it is dated 20/6/18 so Im assuming the MP had no input. Nevertheless my wife has received her visa and now I can take her abroad to see her Unwell mother. JUST WAITING FOR MY BRP HOPEFULLY IT DONT TAKE LONG.

Also if anyone wants any general advice feel free to ask Bcos this forum helped me a lot and I am more than happy to help others

Kind regards
Tanvir
Hi Have come across your post today,Could you please tell me what was your wife status when you applied for her FLR FP visa. Thanks
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:26 am

omo2323 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 pm
fahim93 wrote:
wow another good news today,mine is next by God's grace. congratulations dear....all the best
Crossing fingers for you!

Josantana
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Josantana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Flr fp granted for only 6 months.
Here is a brief story of my case:

Spouse visa curtailed on the 11th of December 2017 to the 10th of February2018. I applied flr fp on the 9th of February 2018 based on my 6 years old daughter who was born abroad but has dual nationality. Biometrics submitted on the 20th of February.

IHS partially refunded £400 back into my bank account on the 12th of October.
My solicitor received a letter from the HO stating they've made the decision of granting a Brp for 6 months based on my child because I still have a court hearing regards contact on the 7th of November 2018 obviously.

Unfortunately I will have to submit another application on April 2019 based on the court's decision.
Last edited by Josantana on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Josantana
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by Josantana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Josantana wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Spouse visa curtailed on the 11th of December 2017 to the 10th of February2018. I applied flr fp on the 9th of February 2018 based on my 6 years old daughter who was born abroad but has dual nationality. Biometrics submitted on the 20th of February.

My solicitor received a letter from the HO stating they've made the decision of granting a Brp for 6 months based on my child because I still have a court hearing regards contact on the 7th of November 2018 obviously.

Unfortunately I will have to submit another application on April 2019 based on the court's decision.

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Josantana wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 pm

I remember Omo2323 saying you probably got a shorter duration than you applied for, when you posted about the partial refund.

Congrats anyway. You know what they say about half a loaf. All the best with your court situation. Crossing fingers for you the rest of the way!

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am

Itssohardwaiting wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 am
Itssohardwaiting wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:52 pm
I really hope so, thanks
Hi all just an update to my previous messages. Contacted the home office reporting centre this morning and they said I have been granted leave to remain for 2.5 years. I still can’t believe it as I lost all hope of ever getting a positive answer from them. I have been waiting for 2 years and 3 months for abreply from them. I hope this gives most people waiting for long hope too.
Dear friend. What an agonising wait for you. I hope and pray for your future and wellbeing. .congratulations. I'm so so happy for you and your family. I thought the 18 months my husband and I waited was more than enough. A 2.3 year wait is a visa extension length for goodness sake!! Congratulations once again. Xx

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:09 am

shan101 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:05 am
Teechoudz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
Thanks Bathanza
I applied for FLR fp for my wife . Me and my son are british citizens
From my own experience if you have waited for more than 6 months then it’s best to contact them continuously. Il post below my full timeline so it can help my fellow people hopefully.

Applied 23 November 2017
Biometrics enrolled 27 November 2017
Rang 0300 number on 27th may 2018.
They emailed me on 28th May saying’application still not completed’
I rang them again the week around 5/6th June. The advisor wasn’t really bothered and they actually said I have to wait 1 whole month for another update.
I rang the following week telling them my mother in law is ill back home and also send a letter to the Sheffield P.O. box. Didn’t receive any acknowledgment about the letter.
On the 15th June eid day I emailed them by selecting the option applied outside the uk but in the email I explained that I need to travel in July etc. It cost me £5.48 for the email.
Again they replied the same generic thing saying application not been completed. I rang them a couple days later on the outside the uk line which cost 1.31per min. To be honest That advisor was helpful and he said he will escalate the case again but unfortunately the following day I got the same reply ‘app not completed ‘!! I was very gutted to see that but on the 20th of June I went to see my Mp. Now tbh my mp said he would send HO a letter but today I received the visa and it is dated 20/6/18 so Im assuming the MP had no input. Nevertheless my wife has received her visa and now I can take her abroad to see her Unwell mother. JUST WAITING FOR MY BRP HOPEFULLY IT DONT TAKE LONG.

Also if anyone wants any general advice feel free to ask Bcos this forum helped me a lot and I am more than happy to help others

Kind regards
Tanvir
Hi Have come across your post today,Could you please tell me what was your wife status when you applied for her FLR FP visa. Thanks
Hi i applied for FLR FP last year october 2017 parent of a british child. however, i was asked by the HO to provide further document of my child on 28th August 2018 which i sent before the due date as requested by HO. i am yet to receive any update regarding my application as its 2 months now since i sent the requested document from HO. i contacted the HO yesterday 23rd oct 2018 if they could provide me with update of my application, unfortunately i received an email this morning stating that "Our records show that your application has not yet been completed. i kinda feel gutted tbf.
i would appreciate if anyone can give me an insight of this please.
Kind regards

Lyds
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Lyds » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:34 am

Good morning all. Like I informed you that I received a letter on Saturday granting my leave to remain. So yesterday at 7am I received an email from DX saying they will be dropping my BRP on that day (tuesday) but they didn’t . Also it is not mentioned anywhere that my passport will be returned. Question 1) is it a tendency by DX not to drop BRP on the said date?
2) is it possible that my passport will be delivered with the BRP or can I call Homeoffice to request for it?

Thank you everyone for participating in these forums💗

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:48 am

Hi i applied for FLR FP last year october 2017 parent of a british child. however, i was asked by the HO to provide further document of my child on 28th August 2018 which i sent before the due date as requested by HO. i am yet to receive any update regarding my application as its 2 months now since i sent the requested document from HO. i contacted the HO yesterday 23rd oct 2018 if they could provide me with update of my application, unfortunately i received an email this morning stating that "Our records show that your application has not yet been completed. i kinda feel gutted tbf.
Kind regards

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Arham208 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 pm
fahim93 wrote:
Hi congrats... Can u plz tell what's ur case history???
Hello, please can you share your timeline. cheers

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 pm

kap05 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:48 am
Kind regards
Apparently FLR (FP) is a long journey in terms of time. One can only wait.

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Kwipeh wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 pm
kap05 wrote:
Kind regards
Yea, i do understand. however, i submitted the requested document to HO before a friend but he recieved his visa a week after he sent the requested document. just a bit concern mine is taking more than 8 weeks or more since i sent the additional document to HO in August 2018. i just hope for the best and for God to remind the allocated case worker of my case.

AM29
Newly Registered
India

Post by AM29 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 pm

@kap05 I applied flr fp parent of a British child 27 September 2017 iam still waiting 😣

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Preview: Re: FLR(FP) Application time
Hi Kap05,

We've also sent further documents and it has now been 2 months and nothing. What's more stressful is that on their letter they mention a decision would be made promptly upon receiving the documents. Two months is no 'promptly' at all!!!

I am thinking reaching my local MP again and ask him to contact HO in order to ask why a decision has not been reached even though they mentioned they would do so 'promptly'.

I've contacted HO myself and the first thing they asked was which form I used for my application. They would then go and give me the same old message that 'my application has not been completed' or 'because its a complex case bla bla bla'... So annoying!

kap05 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 pm
Kwipeh wrote:
kap05 wrote:
Kind regards
Yea, i do understand. however, i submitted the requested document to HO before a friend but he recieved his visa a week after he sent the requested document. just a bit concern mine is taking more than 8 weeks or more since i sent the additional document to HO in August 2018. i just hope for the best and for God to remind the allocated case worker of my case.

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 pm
Preview: Re: FLR(FP) Application time
Hi Kap05,

We've also sent further documents and it has now been 2 months and nothing. What's more stressful is that on their letter they mention a decision would be made promptly upon receiving the documents. Two months is no 'promptly' at all!!!

I am thinking reaching my local MP again and ask him to contact HO in order to ask why a decision has not been reached even though they mentioned they would do so 'promptly'.

I've contacted HO myself and the first thing they asked was which form I used for my application. They would then go and give me the same old message that 'my application has not been completed' or 'because its a complex case bla bla bla'... So annoying!

Yea, i am thinking of contacting my local MP as its 2 months now since i sent further documents requested by HO.

kap05 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 pm
Kwipeh wrote:
kap05 wrote:
Kind regards

fahim93
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fahim93 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Thank you everyone! I hope whoever is waiting gets their visa asap. For people who's asking for my case history

I was a tier 4 student. Got married to my wife(british citizen) and I Applied on october 2017 for flr fp because my visa was going to be expired soon. My wife was pregnant at the time of application. Biometrics were done in November. My son was born and we Sent his birth certificate to home office on May 2018. And I didn't heard anything from them until october 2018 when my lawyer called me saying he got an email from HO asking for addtitional documents to be sent. The HO gave me a deadline saying the decision will be made "promptly" and to send additional documents before 16th october. So I sent my son's british passport along with the hospital documents. And they issued my visa on 17th october.

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:04 pm

AM29 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 pm
@kap05 I applied flr fp parent of a British child 27 September 2017 iam still waiting 😣
Yea, i still dont understand why is taking this long since they requested for additional document to make their decsion "PROMPTLY" we are going into the 9th week since i sent the request documents to HO.
i just pray they make a postive decsion in my favour by God grace.

AM29
Newly Registered
India

Post by AM29 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:06 pm

Received my BRP today by gods grace , it was sudden shock I can’t explain how iam feeling , I will pray for all who are waiting 🙏 thank you very much

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:01 pm

AM29 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:06 pm
Received my BRP today by gods grace , it was sudden shock I can’t explain how iam feeling , I will pray for all who are waiting 🙏 thank you very much
Congratulations to you. You was saying how you have been waiting. God has done it 🙏🏾
By God grace I will be next by God grace 🙏🏾

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi all,

Got an email from solicitor today saying our application has been refused. I will post my timeline another time...

Very difficult to swallow right now but at least they gave us right of appeal.
:( :( :(

My question is :

Do we really need to use our solicitors in order to send our appeal? Is this just a form they fill in and that's it?

My solicitor is charging £500 to make the appeal and I find it a robbery. Can anyone share their thoughts?

Thanks

Itssohardwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by Itssohardwaiting » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 pm

bathanza wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:53 am
Itssohardwaiting wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 am
Itssohardwaiting wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:52 pm
I really hope so, thanks
Hi all just an update to my previous messages. Contacted the home office reporting centre this morning and they said I have been granted leave to remain for 2.5 years. I still can’t believe it as I lost all hope of ever getting a positive answer from them. I have been waiting for 2 years and 3 months for abreply from them. I hope this gives most people waiting for long hope too.
Dear friend. What an agonising wait for you. I hope and pray for your future and wellbeing. .congratulations. I'm so so happy for you and your family. I thought the 18 months my husband and I waited was more than enough. A 2.3 year wait is a visa extension length for goodness sake!! Congratulations once again. Xx
Thanks dear. Your posts have being very motivational and encouraging during the long wait. I pray that your husband’s visa gets sorted very soon too. Xxx

Arham208

Post by Arham208 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 pm

AM29 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:06 pm
Congratulations... Can u plz share ur case history??

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:36 pm
Hi all,

Got an email from solicitor today saying our application has been refused. I will post my timeline another time...

Very difficult to swallow right now but at least they gave us right of appeal.
:( :( :(

My question is :

Do we really need to use our solicitors in order to send our appeal? Is this just a form they fill in and that's it?

My solicitor is charging £500 to make the appeal and I find it a robbery. Can anyone share their thoughts?

Thanks
Sorry to hear your refusal. Take positive out of this. You have got your appeal. Please could you share your timeline and what’s your application? I.e parent of a British child or?