ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retain Right of Residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Retained Right of Residence

Post by Ucymb » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 am

Please can someone tell me the right application form for retained right of residence. Thanks.

Minovilla
Mood:
Algeria

Re: Retained Right of Residence

Post by Minovilla » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:37 am

you need to explain your situation in details,
date of marriage ?
date of divorce and when procedure started ?
was your ex working from marriage date till divorce was made absolute ?
were you working when divorce was absolute till now ?

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Ror form

Post by Ucymb » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:19 am

Please Admin could you show me the right application form for retained right of residence. I am stranded and don't know which form to use. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:26 am

Ucymb wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 am
Please can someone tell me the right application form for retained right of residence. Thanks.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/retain ... -residence
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:04 am

Married in November 2013, got my eea family permit Nov 2014 and i have been workung, husband was working now self employed not earning much. We have had so much troubles said he didn't want children. I had some with another person. Now we are going through divorce. Would like to apply for Retained Right of Residence the divorce certificate iscissued even though husband has vowed not to release his ID card. Please I want the right form to apply for ROR. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:09 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:26 am
Ucymb wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 am
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/retain ... -residence
????
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 am

Please explain when I clicked the link it says apply from outside UK but am in the uk. Thanks

Minovilla
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Minovilla » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:31 am

Ucymb wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:04 am
Married in November 2013, got my eea family permit Nov 2014 and i have been workung, husband was working now self employed not earning much. We have had so much troubles said he didn't want children. I had some with another person. Now we are going through divorce. Would like to apply for Retained Right of Residence the divorce certificate iscissued even though husband has vowed not to release his ID card. Please I want the right form to apply for ROR. Thanks.
by the time your divorce finilised ( decree absolute) you will need to apply for permanent residence under ROR
You NEED TO FOCUS ON YOUR EX TREATY RIGHT FROM DATE OF MARRIAGE UP TO DECREE ABSOLUTE DATE (p 60`s, HMRC WORK HISTORY ).
HIS ID TOO BUT NOT AS VITAL AS TREATY RIGHT .
also you need to show that you lived together in the UK at least for one year (bills, statements) and you are working since the date of divorce .

Wish you a good luck .

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks very much for the info but I just need the right application form for Retained Right of Residence. I know I will qualify for PRO in Nov 2019 as eea family permit was issued in Nov 2014. Please kindly link me to the right form. Thanks

Minovilla
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Minovilla » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:50 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf

You dont need to wait till RC expire , 5 years from marriage date.

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:23 pm

Thanks very much.

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Retain Right of Residence

Post by Ucymb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 am

Hi, Please Obie, all the gurus help me. I am new here. I applied for ROR and have been invited to an interview in Liverpool. I asked solicitor to send my completed application form today only to find out the form is filled with wrong information. Please what do I do. Withdraw the application and reapply or refill the application form and take to the interview. Solicitor wants me to go to interview and explain all the wrong dates, addresses and other wrong informations on the form. Somebody please help.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Retain Right of Residence

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:38 am

You signed the application form, agreeing that what was written is correct. Why do you sign a form without first checking it's contents?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:29 am

Ucymb wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 am
Hi, Please Obie, all the gurus help me. I am new here. I applied for ROR and have been invited to an interview in Liverpool. I asked solicitor to send my completed application form today only to find out the form is filled with wrong information. Please what do I do. Withdraw the application and reapply or refill the application form and take to the interview. Solicitor wants me to go to interview and explain all the wrong dates, addresses and other wrong informations on the form. Somebody please help.
Hi can you update us what is going on now?
Have you applied through Eu settlement schem? If yes I am wondering about your interview what did they ask you?

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Yes, the solicitor only sent me the part of the form to sign but completed the rest and submitted. It was the interview invitation that made me to request the completed application form from my Solicitor.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Withdrawing will look suspicious. It is best to seek to explain the error and the fact that, you should have read the content and had an obligation to do so, but in trusting that your lawyer would have provided an accurate information, you did not.

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Okay, thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Ucymb wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:04 am
What’s preventing you from applying for PR or settled status?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:54 pm

It appears application has been made on the back of a retained right of residence, but it is alleged that the lawyer messed up.

If indeed that is the case, I feel the lawyer should be decent enough to write a letter taking responsibility for the error. At least a good and decent lawyer will do so. The jury is still out on whether your solicitor is.

I have no problem with lawyers making mistakes, be it factual or legal. What I cant stand is a lawyer refusing to take responsibility for their error, which has led to dire consequences.

Ucymb
Newly Registered

Post by Ucymb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you all. Yes, Solicitor has said she will write a covering letter stating the oversight in completing the application form. Hopefully the interview will go well as it is a one way one.