ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Arham208

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Arham208 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:43 pm

kap05 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:36 pm
Hi all,

Got an email from solicitor today saying our application has been refused. I will post my timeline another time...

Very difficult to swallow right now but at least they gave us right of appeal.
:( :( :(

My question is :

Do we really need to use our solicitors in order to send our appeal? Is this just a form they fill in and that's it?

My solicitor is charging £500 to make the appeal and I find it a robbery. Can anyone share their thoughts?

Thanks
Sorry to hear your refusal. Take positive out of this. You have got your appeal. Please could you share your timeline and what’s your application? I.e parent of a British child or?
Hi vini81, really sorry to hear about ur refusal, I was not expecting this, I thought they will give u visa on ur wife's treatment, what reason home office gave u for rejection? As ur daughter is 7 years as well now...
My advice is that go with solicitor because on appeal u can't fight alone, u need a solicitor who can present ur case infront of judge.. So appeal through a solicitor... Plz do let me know what home office gave u reason for rejection??
Mine case is a bit like urs as my son is 10years old and have spend 8 years in this country, so we applied on his base... Plz pray for us as we also send additional documents on 15 September...

AM29
Newly Registered
India

Post by AM29 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 am

FLR fp parent of a British child
Postal application: 27 sep 2017
Biometric letter : 3 nov 2017
Biometric done 10 nov 2017
Additional documents: 30 jan2018
BRP received : 24 October 2018

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Kap05,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, we have an appeal but at the moment this is all hard to take after so much hope. I am also angered that solicitors do everything they can to take money from you and it is now clear for me that I would have probably had better chances or even spent less money have I waited until my daughter turned 7 years.

I will post my timeline soon but my daughter was born in the UK and is now 7 years old. Among all the reason they gave for our refusal, the main one I would say is that they state she didn't live here continuously for seven years(they considered the age of 6 when the application was submitted).

I am clinging to the hope that we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.

kap05 wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Hi all,

Got an email from solicitor today saying our application has been refused. I will post my timeline another time...

My question is :

Do we really need to use our solicitors in order to send our appeal? Is this just a form they fill in and that's it?

My solicitor is charging £500 to make the appeal and I find it a robbery. Can anyone share their thoughts?

Thanks
Sorry to hear your refusal. Take positive out of this. You have got your appeal. Please could you share your timeline and what’s your application? I.e parent of a British child or?

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 am

Dear Arham208,

Fear not my dear, there is a reason for everything. Part of me is at peace and so should you.

They refused our claim on family life and basically everything else. Based on the 20 years rule etc.. It was a 12 page letter!!

The main one and this is where I believe the critical decision was made was that my child did not live 7 years continuously in this country(she was born here but they considered the age of 6 when we submitted the application). On the other hand, God is so good that had they reached this decision lets say 6 months ago, not sure we would be allowed to appeal. So now, being a 7 year old born in this country and all the other points we've made in our application, I am hoping we will get something positive out of the whole thing.

I am furious to know that maybe I would have had a better chance had I applied after she turned 7 but solicitors do want you money so they convinced us it was a good time to apply when she was 6. I would probably have spent less money and be less stressed.

We have until the 31st to appeal and I will see the solicitor on Monday. I have a friend who already has a date for his hearing and he told me, with the HO fees, solicitors and now barista for the hearing, he spent over £ 2500 this is ridiculous...

But anyway, in the end, this will all be worth it.

Feel free to ask and I will be back when have more time. For now, it's all a bit difficult for me even though I have hope.

Best regards

Arham208 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:43 pm
kap05 wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Hi all,

My question is :

Thanks
Hi vini81, really sorry to hear about ur refusal, I was not expecting this, I thought they will give u visa on ur wife's treatment, what reason home office gave u for rejection? As ur daughter is 7 years as well now...
My advice is that go with solicitor because on appeal u can't fight alone, u need a solicitor who can present ur case infront of judge.. So appeal through a solicitor... Plz do let me know what home office gave u reason for rejection??
Mine case is a bit like urs as my son is 10years old and have spend 8 years in this country, so we applied on his base... Plz pray for us as we also send additional documents on 15 September...

Jin022
Newly Registered

Post by Jin022 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 am
Dear Arham208,

Fear not my dear, there is a reason for everything. Part of me is at peace and so should you.

They refused our claim on family life and basically everything else. Based on the 20 years rule etc.. It was a 12 page letter!!

The main one and this is where I believe the critical decision was made was that my child did not live 7 years continuously in this country(she was born here but they considered the age of 6 when we submitted the application). On the other hand, God is so good that had they reached this decision lets say 6 months ago, not sure we would be allowed to appeal. So now, being a 7 year old born in this country and all the other points we've made in our application, I am hoping we will get something positive out of the whole thing.

I am furious to know that maybe I would have had a better chance had I applied after she turned 7 but solicitors do want you money so they convinced us it was a good time to apply when she was 6. I would probably have spent less money and be less stressed.

We have until the 31st to appeal and I will see the solicitor on Monday. I have a friend who already has a date for his hearing and he told me, with the HO fees, solicitors and now barista for the hearing, he spent over £ 2500 this is ridiculous...

Feel free to ask and I will be back when have more time. For now, it's all a bit difficult for me even though I have hope.

Best regards

Arham208 wrote:
kap05 wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Hi all,

My question is :

Thanks
Hi so sad to see your refusal and the bad time you going through my suggestion for you will do not go for appeal as your application is refused because of she was 6 at the time you applied to appeal wont help you and you will waste more time and money i think the best for you is to go for permium service 1 day service as your child has completed 7 years now it will likely you will be granted visa same day and you won't have to take stress about long times

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:06 pm

I agree with Jin022. Since the reason for the refusal had to do with the number of years the child had spent in the UK, now that the child is 8, should a new application not do the trick?

Seems like a less stressful approach to me.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

A new application means paying all fees all over again right?

She is 7 now not 8 but I guess being 7 fulfill the rule.

Kwipeh wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:06 pm
I agree with Jin022. Since the reason for the refusal had to do with the number of years the child had spent in the UK, now that the child is 8, should a new application not do the trick?

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi Jin022

Thank you for your suggestion.

Would you really have a go at the premium service?

I never thought of it but you saying it now sounds like a better approach. I believe the solicitors being interested in making the appeal means that they can make more money out of it which they will do.

If I'd go for the premium service, would I have to do a while New application and pay all fees over again?

I'm a bit lost now and it's so difficult...

Thanks

Jin022 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:46 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Dear Arham208,

Best regards

Arham208 wrote:
kap05 wrote:

Hi so sad to see your refusal and the bad time you going through my suggestion for you will do not go for appeal as your application is refused because of she was 6 at the time you applied to appeal wont help you and you will waste more time and money i think the best for you is to go for permium service 1 day service as your child has completed 7 years now it will likely you will be granted visa same day and you won't have to take stress about long times

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Jin022 wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Dear Arham208,

Best regards

Arham208 wrote:
kap05 wrote:

I thought one can not do a premium service when their pervious visa had already expired. Please can someone give me an insight this?
Question 2: if someone visa had expire can he do a premium service for a new application? Parent of a British child ??
I would appreciate your feedback
Cheers

omo2323
Newly Registered

Post by omo2323 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Kwipeh wrote:

hello vini81,hope you remember what I told u about 7 years routes, they don't normally give visa on it,unless u can proof them otherwise, secondly, someone said u should go for a premium services,premium services doesn't apply to a first timer, unless u have a valid visa and its about expiring yez u can do premium services on that but with a no stay or visa u cant apply for a premium services,sometimes my opinion is always harsh but the truth,am really sorry about your refusal pls my advise for u,take back your ihs money because that will be return back to you,if you dont go on with the appeal but if you go on with the appeal the ihs will not be refunded back again.wait till your child is 10 years old and go for naturalisation for he or she,then u can apply as a British parent, but all this u are doing will not help you.most lawyer will just take money from you.i quotes.(if you have a very good lawyer that knows all the rules on 7 years routes, you will have a chance of winning the case but a lawyer that doesn't know all the rules will be a disaster, try and have a good think about it,or better still go look for a very good lawyer,that knows very well about the 7 years routes.you are even lucky,they have you right of appeal, doing my own,I was not given a right of appeal, I was only asked to wait till my child was 10 years old then.i hope I make some senses to you.thank you

Jin022
Newly Registered

Post by Jin022 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:36 pm
Hi Jin022

I never thought of it but you saying it now sounds like a better approach. I believe the solicitors being interested in making the appeal means that they can make more money out of it which they will do.

If I'd go for the premium service, would I have to do a while New application and pay all fees over again?

Thanks

Jin022 wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Dear Arham208,

Best regards

Arham208 wrote:

You should to more research and yes you have to pay fee again at premium service i was giving this idea because two of mine friends got visa at permium service on of my friend applied for flr fp application online it was taking so long after 6 months passed he couldnt wait more abd with draw his application and went to premium service and they grant him visa next day under 10 years route thier child was born in uk and had spend 7 years within a day they go visa and now they are relax my other friend went straight to premium service and his child had spend 7 and half years in uk and got approval this is my experience from my friends and the staff at premium service was very polite and nice you should do more research on premium service

Jin022
Newly Registered

Post by Jin022 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Jin022 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:36 pm
Hi Jin022

Thanks

Jin022 wrote:
Vini81 wrote:
Dear Arham208,

Best regards

You should to more research and yes you have to pay fee again at premium service i was giving this idea because two of mine friends got visa at permium service on of my friend applied for flr fp application online it was taking so long after 6 months passed he couldnt wait more abd with draw his application and went to premium service and they grant him visa next day under 10 years route thier child was born in uk and had spend 7 years within a day they go visa and now they are relax my other friend went straight to premium service and his child had spend 7 and half years in uk and got approval this is my experience from my friends and the staff at premium service was very polite and nice you should do more research on premium service
I with draw my own application flr fp and few days back and got appoinment tommorrow at premium service center croydon london i will update what happens tommorrow

omo2323
Newly Registered

Post by omo2323 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:58 pm

I can guarantee you,with a first timer ,premium services is not allowed, unless you have a valid visa that is about expiring. call a lawyer and a lawyer will tell you,most people can lie about the premiums services,you can read it on home office website, when I was about putting my own application in,I was advised by the home office that an not entitled to premium services.sometime if you are not sure of something u ask a lawyer or go check it on there website, this forum is to good right directive to people on this forum not by deceiving them,for the sake of writing. anything you are not sure of ask a lawyer.i stand to be corrected.a first timer or anyone with no
previous stay is not allowed for a premium service.thank you

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi Everyone

My brother has worse immigration history & he was overstay , and last week his visa approved. He applied as Partner of British Citizen.

He submit docs of last 2 years living together , marriage certificate, children birth certificates, letter from school, letter from GP etc

No question were asked, it was simple and straightway.

You can take any complex case for Same Day Services as far as its FLR(FP) route and you have all your documents in hand.

I would recommend people who are waiting for long time for their decision pending or they are planing for a postal application, please use Same Day Services .... its worth spending £600 extra. however you need your Original Passport. My brother previous passport was held by home office, so he applied for new one.

Any questions.. please let me know.

Regards,
Malik

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:50 pm

malik0543 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:11 pm
Hi Everyone

My brother has worse immigration history & he was overstay , and last week his visa approved. He applied as Partner of British Citizen.

He submit docs of last 2 years living together , marriage certificate, children birth certificates, letter from school, letter from GP etc

No question were asked, it was simple and straightway.

You can take any complex case for Same Day Services as far as its FLR(FP) route and you have all your documents in hand.

I would recommend people who are waiting for long time for their decision pending or they are planing for a postal application, please use Same Day Services .... its worth spending £600 extra. however you need your Original Passport. My brother previous passport was held by home office, so he applied for new one.

Any questions.. please let me know.

Regards,
Malik
Hi my previous visa has expired. Can I do a premium service application as a parent of British child?
I await your response
Cheers

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Omo2323,

I hear what you say but taking my refund and waiting until she's 10 means I would have to hide from them for another 3 years.

What would stop HO coming after us now that they know who we are and where we are?

The problem with finding a 7 year rule specialist is how bound are they to also only help by putting their needs in making money first?

Would you know a trustable one?

I have a friend who applied and had a refusal, same case, he was given a hearing and at the hearing they were granted the visa.

I honestly don't know what to do and yes, they way you say sounds very harsh but I appreciate your help and your words.

I'll let you know what decision we will make soon.

Regards

omo2323 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:35 pm
Vini81 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Kwipeh wrote:

hello vini81,hope you remember what I told u about 7 years routes, they don't normally give visa on it,unless u can proof them otherwise, secondly, someone said u should go for a premium services,premium services doesn't apply to a first timer, unless u have a valid visa and its about expiring yez u can do premium services on that but with a no stay or visa u cant apply for a premium services,sometimes my opinion is always harsh but the truth,am really sorry about your refusal pls my advise for u,take back your ihs money because that will be return back to you,if you dont go on with the appeal but if you go on with the appeal the ihs will not be refunded back again.wait till your child is 10 years old and go for naturalisation for he or she,then u can apply as a British parent, but all this u are doing will not help you.most lawyer will just take money from you.i quotes.(if you have a very good lawyer that knows all the rules on 7 years routes, you will have a chance of winning the case but a lawyer that doesn't know all the rules will be a disaster, try and have a good think about it,or better still go look for a very good lawyer,that knows very well about the 7 years routes.you are even lucky,they have you right of appeal, doing my own,I was not given a right of appeal, I was only asked to wait till my child was 10 years old then.i hope I make some senses to you.thank you

qlasina
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by qlasina » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 pm

I have been a silent reader on this forum and for a long time , I applied for flr fp British child and British step son .I applied on January 2018 biometric done a week after , on the 16th of October home office requested for more for additional documents , They ask me to send them proof that my daughter and step son leaves with me at my home address .I sent it on the 19th October, my solicitor called me today the 25th of October that the home office sent my brb card , still waiting for my passport and documents . I pray for everybody on the forum get a good new very soon . About my immigration history i Came to the uk on a visitors Visa and I have been an overstayer since then.

omo2323
Newly Registered

Post by omo2323 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:47 pm

congratulations @qlasina,I pray I hear a good news also.amen

ujeshaniere
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ujeshaniere » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 am

Hi everyone. Ive been a silent reader on the forum for a long time and reading other people's experiences has been a consolation/source of encouragement that I am not alone in my struggles. So here is my success story.

I applied for FLR(FP) alongside 2 children based on children having spent 7 years in the UK. Children came to the UK in 2010 aged 3 and 6.
Applied for ILR Tier 1 General dependant Postal: May 2016
Refused due to sponsor's tax amendment: November 2017
Applied for FLR (FP): November 2017
Acknowledgment/Biometric received and done: Dec 2017
Parts of application form returned as not signed: Feb 2018
Contacted MP/Response to MP from HO saying appication not completed and no timescale: Aug 2018
Request for additional docs: Aug 2018 (2 weeks after contacting MP)
Additional documents sent: 13 Sept 2018
Called Ukvi call centre:1/10/2018. Received email response same day saying application not completed
Emailed complaints/public enquiries based on advice by a poster on another thread: 16/10/2018
Received a call from solicitor this morning confirming BRP received today.
Its been a long wait but got there eventually. Praying for everyone still in the waiting game.

kap05
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kap05 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:40 am

ujeshaniere wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 am
Hi everyone. Ive been a silent reader on the forum for a long time and reading other people's experiences has been a consolation/source of encouragement that I am not alone in my struggles. So here is my success story.

I applied for FLR(FP) alongside 2 children based on children having spent 7 years in the UK. Children came to the UK in 2010 aged 3 and 6.
Applied for ILR Tier 1 General dependant Postal: May 2016
Refused due to sponsor's tax amendment: November 2017
Applied for FLR (FP): November 2017
Acknowledgment/Biometric received and done: Dec 2017
Parts of application form returned as not signed: Feb 2018
Contacted MP/Response to MP from HO saying appication not completed and no timescale: Aug 2018
Request for additional docs: Aug 2018 (2 weeks after contacting MP)
Additional documents sent: 13 Sept 2018
Called Ukvi call centre:1/10/2018. Received email response same day saying application not completed
Emailed complaints/public enquiries based on advice by a poster on another thread: 16/10/2018
Received a call from solicitor this morning confirming BRP received today.
Its been a long wait but got there eventually. Praying for everyone still in the waiting game.
Congrat to you bro. All the best in your new adventure :) By God grace i will hear a new good news before the end of this month. please put me in your prayers as well. cheers

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Got acknowledgement letter for our appeal today .lets c now when will v get hearing date .got this letter in 2 weeks .

Gb1210
Newly Registered

Post by Gb1210 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Monz wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 pm
Got acknowledgement letter for our appeal today .lets c now when will v get hearing date .got this letter in 2 weeks .
Hi monz, when did you put in your appeal?

Gb1210
Newly Registered

Post by Gb1210 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Hi all,

My question is :

Thanks
hi vini81 I know the pain you’re going throw it go for the appeal. My wife won is appeal even though we submitted at 6 years. The judge said he will grant it in the court room. A good solicitor is required . You child school performance will play a big role as well.Good luck

Bsis
India

Post by Bsis » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Today I received a text message from Home Office regarding my reporting that my reporting is on Monday 29th October. But my reporting is not due until 29th November. But when I contacted them by email I received a reply from Home Office “ You have now been moved to immigration bail and will now be required to report on a Monthly Basis. A Bail 201 had been posted out for you to report with, you are required to still report on the 29th of October. If you do not receive your reporting paper by then please request it at the counter.”
My case history is I applied for FLR(FP) on partner based living with my partner nearly 4 years now.
Applied : September 2017
Biometric: October 2017
Didn’t receive anything after I did my biometric.
In June 2018 my barrister wrote to them didn’t receive any reply
September 2018 I write to Immigration didn’t receive anything.
But on 5th October received package from immigration with letter saying that my application is still in process and they are returning the supporting documents but they have got copies of documents which they require. And today I received text message that I have to report every month now as before I was reporting every 2 Months.

As they have changed my reporting does that mean my decision is negative. I’m worried now. I rang my barrister and told him and he said my decision might be negative that’s why they have changed my reporting to every month but I haven’t received any decision letter yet.
Please guide or advise me.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Gb1210 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:13 pm
Monz wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:27 pm
Hi monz, when did you put in your appeal?
It’s been two weeks around 11 Oct 2018 we put appeal after our refusal and got acknowledgement today .but we haven’t received our IHS money back yet solicitor said it may take few weeks otherwise we need to contact HO for refund .