ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarifying SET(M) Visa Doubt through FLR(M) Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

style4perfection
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Clarifying SET(M) Visa Doubt through FLR(M) Visa

Post by style4perfection » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:29 am

I secured Tier 1 (General) partner dependent visa in March 2013 which was valid until 19 January 2014. I arrived in UK on 28th March 2013 and started living with my husband. Later in December 2013 my husband qualified for the settlement visa through tier 1 (General) route. He applied for the settlement visa in December 2013 and got the ILR on 5th December 2013. I applied further leave to remain on marriage basis before 28 days prior to my Tier 1 (General) partner dependent visa expiry in January 2014. Therefore, I got my first FLR (M) on 06th January 2014 which was valid up to 06 July 2016. I applied for the second extension through same route i.e. FLR(M) in June 2016 and another two- and half-year extension was granted which was valid until 28 February 2019.

I have few doubts under the marriage rule for settlement and want to clarify them before formal application.

Q.1 According to Set M rules you should apply Set M when you have completed the continuous period of five year through marriage route. My question is that shall I count this period from day 1 of first FLR(M) visa granted i.e. from 06-01-2014. If this is correct, then my five-year period will be completed on 06th January 2019. Which means I can apply 28 days prior to complete five years which should be any time after 10th December 2018 or do I need to apply 28 days prior to my current leave which is 28th February 2019.

Q.2. what are the criteria for the absence of UK for set M visa. And also clarify me how year calculated for example if I was granted the first visa on 06th January 2014. So as my understanding is that the year last between January 2014 to January 2015 and same time frame for the following years.

Q.3 I provided relationship documents with my husband in my last extension i.e. in June 2016 to satisfy the visa requirement. Now I want to know that how many years of relationship documents do I need to provide for Set(M) visa 5 years or only last 2-1/2 years. Also, clarify one more thing that I and my husband shows the document on the same date or different date are acceptable during the requested period.

Q.4 I live with my husband in a 1 bedroom flat. We have a tenancy agreement on our joint names, but my husband uses only his name on council tax to get 25% single occupant relief. I heard from friends that both names should be present on council tax document as a visa officer must check it with the council. Have both of our names on council tax bill is a legal requirement for Set(M) visa application or not?

Q.5. Is it compulsory to fill an online application form for same day window appointment or I can only book the appointment date and bring the paper application form with me?

Q.6 My husband is working both as self-employed and employed person. Is it sufficient to provide only account letter(s) and invoice summaries of his self-employment as financial requirement proofs or do I need to provide bank statements and other documents of the employee along with self-employment proofs?

Q.7 We have subscribed to online bills and online bank & credit card statements. Do you accept the electronic printouts of the bills and statements or we need to provide the original ones?

NomiKaay

Re: Clarifying SET(M) Visa Doubt through FLR(M) Visa

Post by NomiKaay » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:26 pm

style4perfection wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:29 am
I secured Tier 1 (General) partner dependent visa in March 2013 which was valid until 19 January 2014. I arrived in UK on 28th March 2013 and started living with my husband. Later in December 2013 my husband qualified for the settlement visa through tier 1 (General) route. He applied for the settlement visa in December 2013 and got the ILR on 5th December 2013. I applied further leave to remain on marriage basis before 28 days prior to my Tier 1 (General) partner dependent visa expiry in January 2014. Therefore, I got my first FLR (M) on 06th January 2014 which was valid up to 06 July 2016. I applied for the second extension through same route i.e. FLR(M) in June 2016 and another two- and half-year extension was granted which was valid until 28 February 2019.

I have few doubts under the marriage rule for settlement and want to clarify them before formal application.

Q.1 According to Set M rules you should apply Set M when you have completed the continuous period of five year through marriage route. My question is that shall I count this period from day 1 of first FLR(M) visa granted i.e. from 06-01-2014. If this is correct, then my five-year period will be completed on 06th January 2019. Which means I can apply 28 days prior to complete five years which should be any time after 10th December 2018 or do I need to apply 28 days prior to my current leave which is 28th February 2019.

Correct one highlighted in red above.

Q.2. what are the criteria for the absence of UK for set M visa. And also clarify me how year calculated for example if I was granted the first visa on 06th January 2014. So as my understanding is that the year last between January 2014 to January 2015 and same time frame for the following years.

Q.3 I provided relationship documents with my husband in my last extension i.e. in June 2016 to satisfy the visa requirement. Now I want to know that how many years of relationship documents do I need to provide for Set(M) visa 5 years or only last 2-1/2 years. Also, clarify one more thing that I and my husband shows the document on the same date or different date are acceptable during the requested period.

You need to show documents sine your last visa extension (2.5 years). if it is under both your names, then naturally they will be on same date, however, if you don't have many with both your names on, send individual ones with 2-3 months apart.

Q.4 I live with my husband in a 1 bedroom flat. We have a tenancy agreement on our joint names, but my husband uses only his name on council tax to get 25% single occupant relief. I heard from friends that both names should be present on council tax document as a visa officer must check it with the council. Have both of our names on council tax bill is a legal requirement for Set(M) visa application or not?

If you are both living at the same address, this could be classed as Council Tax fraud as you should be paying 100% of your council tax. This might prove to be an issue.

Q.5. Is it compulsory to fill an online application form for same day window appointment or I can only book the appointment date and bring the paper application form with me?

You can do either.

Q.6 My husband is working both as self-employed and employed person. Is it sufficient to provide only account letter(s) and invoice summaries of his self-employment as financial requirement proofs or do I need to provide bank statements and other documents of the employee along with self-employment proofs?

Q.7 We have subscribed to online bills and online bank & credit card statements. Do you accept the electronic printouts of the bills and statements or we need to provide the original ones?

It doesn't matter whether the printer at the organisation prints it or the one in your residence, the output is the same so online ones are fine.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Q 6 See also

Appendix FM.
Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

style4perfection
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by style4perfection » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:48 am

q.1

first flr(m) granted in January 2014 (Applied within uk) n valid upto 06-07-2016 and further extension applied in june 2016 and visa granted in aug 2016 and valid up to 28 feb 2019.

so please clarify when my five years completed. if i count this then it should be 06-01-2019. am i right or not

q.3 what are absence from UK requirement for set m means how many day u r away from country

q.4 . is it ok if my husband add my name in council tax bill

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:58 am

Q1. Qualifying period for SET(M) started on initial date of FLR(M) grant. You may apply no sooner than 28 days prior to competition of the qualifying period and before expiry of leave.

Q3. See Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:08 am

style4perfection
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by style4perfection » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm

does anyone have pdf form for set m application

style4perfection
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by style4perfection » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:21 pm

any idea about home office Christmas holidays as I m planning to get premium service date between last week after Christmas

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 pm

style4perfection wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm
does anyone have pdf form for set m application
Archived paper forms.

style4perfection
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by style4perfection » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:55 pm

I m a little bit confused about this question in set m application form please help me

as I mention in the previous question that I have family in the back home country and also mentioned the list

q.Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

if i click yes then provide details and if no then why

style4perfection
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR set m route application questions

Post by style4perfection » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:34 am

My husband filling the online application form for my SET M visa and stuck on few questions so please do let me know what should he wrote in relevant answer

Q. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

if he replies no then next question explain it why

so please explain what should I wrote ?????

Q. Were you related to Mr XXX(My HUsband) before you became partners?

as I early application of FLR (M), I mention that we have arranged marriage and we met on my husband birthday function almost 2-1/2 year ago before the marriage

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 am

Hi Vinny or CR001,

I am applying for ILR under set M and under mandatory documents to scan it advises “proof of application”. Does anyone know what proof they require? Would I need to print off entire application form (even though it is submitted online) or would proof of payment be what they need?
Many thanks