ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iffu08
Newly Registered
India

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by iffu08 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:29 am

Thank you Nicki for such a detailed write up!

I am trying to book one myself but couldn't since last 2 days...However I was able to find one (not sure Cardiff/Sheffield) but the timings didn't appear - I was able to select a date but it errored me saying 'You must answer this to continue' it didnt make any sense to me as what's the error about! - after emailing UKVI services, they say along with date, timings should also appear.

My question to you Nicki is this, when you were booking, were you able to see the timings slot as well?

Everyone, please can you post a reply if you were able to see the slots, will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Irfan

Nicki01
Newly Registered

Post by Nicki01 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:17 am

Yes timing will appear as long as you click the first bold date that appears. Once you click that you will get a time or sometimes two. Depending on how many appointments they have available for that day.
If for some reason you are clicking on the right date and no time appears then it means someone else is in the process off booking and or its on the verge of being taken off the system because the payment has been processed.
You have to be very very quickly with selecting the date and time and with the payment or else they will release it back in the system.
Keep trying and something will appear. Unfortunately, I found most are usually last minute cancellations so you just have to have be within in your 28 day timeframe to be able to book it.
And one other thing, most appointments have been before office hours ie 08.00 am which means you have to pay an extra £75 pp but its worth that in my opinion. All the best and hope you find something soon.
Before I leave may I ask when ur 28 day window starts??

Nicki01
Newly Registered

Post by Nicki01 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:23 am

Thank you for your kind wishes.
Its been extremely stressful and Im sure everyone is in the same boat as me, thats Why thought if my tips can help someone else then I should share them. One thing i forgot to mention was that most appointments were out of hours so you have to pay an extra £75 per applicant, for some people it will
Work out expensive if its more than one applicant but its worth that extra money because the normal hour appointments are next to none available( occasionally some will pop up) :!:
All the best to everyone 👍🏼

neilajgaonkar
Newly Registered

Post by neilajgaonkar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:31 am

A long shot but a hunch, as many of you have observed that no new slots have been released this week. This week also coincides with Half Term which is a holiday time for many. It could be possible that the staff responsible to release slots to the database are away. Its possible that new ones are released starting next week. This gives a small hope :lol: . Will keep looking everyday though! Good luck to everyone

Baba80
Newly Registered

Re: Difficulty to get PSC appointment for ILR

Post by Baba80 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am

morshed wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 am
Hi All

I've been trying to book a Premium Service appointment for my ILR(LR) for the last two weeks and didn't get a single appointment in any centres for any time. I tried in the mid-night and during the office hours again and again but all my attempts failed with no luck.

Before that (around three/four weeks ago), the situation was not like that. Croydon centre had a good number of slots available most of the time during the day. Unfortunately, the dates available that time could not reach up to my eligibility date. The situation right now is totally different.
I tried in the midnight today and the server was probably down saying 'Page can not be displayed'. After recovery, if any slots are displayed, no sooner I attempted to book it than it disappeared. Do you have any clue what is going on there? Any suggestion what extra should I do to book an appointment?
I am in the same situation . I can’t seems to get any appointment without the message that there is no appt for the 45days to come . Is very frustrating. I don’t know what else to do . I need to book as my visa expires soon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 am

Baba80 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am
I am in the same situation . I can’t seems to get any appointment without the message that there is no appt for the 45days to come . Is very frustrating. I don’t know what else to do . I need to book as my visa expires soon
If you cannot get an appointment, you will have to apply by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nicki01
Newly Registered

Post by Nicki01 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 am
Baba80 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 am
If you cannot get an appointment, you will have to apply by post.
Keep trying and if worst comes to worst apply by post then upgrade to postal premium, downside with that is that they only relase 5 appts per day and you have to send a request online with all the details of your application plus the reason why you want to speed up the decision time then if you are successful they will contact you on the same day by 5pm. But in my opinion the reason has to be something very urgent or else you want get priority. Hope this helps

aelondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aelondon » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 pm

neilajgaonkar wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:31 am
A long shot but a hunch, as many of you have observed that no new slots have been released this week. This week also coincides with Half Term which is a holiday time for many. It could be possible that the staff responsible to release slots to the database are away. Its possible that new ones are released starting next week. This gives a small hope :lol: . Will keep looking everyday though! Good luck to everyone
I love this theory! All my fingers crossed that Monday we get a huge flood of available appointments... so frustrating that everything about this process seems to be shrouded in mystery

sandeshsm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sandeshsm » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 pm

I have been trying to get appointment all day today. No luck. Did anyone manage to secure any appointments today?

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:35 pm

I’m really hoping the school holiday theory is correct! That gives us a bit of hope! Once I see or hear that December appointments are available I’ll be able to breath again! I need an appointment the week before Christmas..lucky me! 😏

Aly2013
Newly Registered

Post by Aly2013 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 am

Hi all, I’m new to the forum, but like many of you I am in need of a PSC appointment in Dec. Wondering if you all are aware of the new system that is being rolled out on 5 Nov? The article link below suggests there will be no PSC appointments after Nov 2018...
Third part solicitor website removed by moderator

Aly2013
Newly Registered

Post by Aly2013 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 am

Apologies as I didn’t realise links to external websites weren’t allowed. If anyone is interested in reading the article just google ‘a new streamlined immigration application process is on the way’ and the article should come up

neolcoud888
Newly Registered

Post by neolcoud888 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

Hi All, managed to book appointment for 8 Nov, slot opened up at 10.51a.m today. I kept refreshing the page from 10a.m. Many dates were shown from 8 Nov but I didn't take any chance and booked the first date and time that was available and also had payment details ready. All went through fine, and I have been lucky since I only started looking for slots from yesterday midnight.

So anyone wondering about the slot availability and the new process rollout, I can confirm booking were available as of today. Best of luck for all.

neolcoud888
Newly Registered

Post by neolcoud888 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:21 am

Adding to the above post, my appointment is in Cardiff.

sandeshsm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sandeshsm » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:27 am

Just booked my appointment at Cardiff for Nov 5th. Whole of that week was available. However, when I selected each date, no time slot appeared underneath. Luckily, it appeared for the last day I selected which was Nov 5th.
Thanks for all the comments in this topic. It really helped me to secure appointment.

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:18 am

Please everyone, am not sure which of the centre deals with ILR as I read on some other pages that some centres only deal with certain application . At least I can know which different centre to try and check for availability. Thanks in advance .
Sorry to include this - do I need original or photocopies of my spouse British passport for PSC ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 am

Baba80 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:18 am
Please everyone, am not sure which of the centre deals with ILR as I read on some other pages that some centres only deal with certain application . At least I can know which different centre to try and check for availability. Thanks in advance .
Sorry to include this - do I need original or photocopies of my spouse British passport for PSC ?
ALL centres EXCEPT London Victoria do ILR applications.

You need original British passport AND the British spouse is expected to attend the appointment with the applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:49 am

Thank you , you are a star .

Shelly29
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shelly29 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi

Just wanted to check if anyone of you faced any similar technical issue with appointment booking.

Basically I booked an appointment for Liverpool and next day when I tried to reschedule it for another day, it keep on displaying error at the very last screen where confirmation of appointment page was expected. I tried many times but had same issue every time.

Luckily I emailed UKVI technical team who indeed confirmed that my appointment is actually rescheduled but due to some technical issue I will not be receiving the email confirmation nor the document checklist will be updated with the rescheduled appointment.

I have email confirmation from the UKVI technical email as well as from the refunds team with the rescheduled appointment details and BRN number.

Do you think the emails from the technical team and refunds team suffice to attend the appointment at the rescheduled time and date.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Aly2013 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 am
Apologies as I didn’t realise links to external websites weren’t allowed. If anyone is interested in reading the article just google ‘a new streamlined immigration application process is on the way’ and the article should come up
Hi Aly2013,
So just to clarify.. sorry if this is a dumb question ..., people can apply online as of now and still have the option of booking a PSC appointment ( same-day decision)? But as of November 5, the online application won’t have PSC same day approval instead you will be invited to the home office to submit documents only? Am I understanding that correctly?

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 am
Baba80 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:18 am
ALL centres EXCEPT London Victoria do ILR applications.

You need original British passport AND the British spouse is expected to attend the appointment with the applicant.

Just a quick update for those trying to book appointment: I was able to grab one today around 2pm at croydon for Nov 14 .. the main thing is don’t stop checking every hour ; that’s exactly what I did . And thank you to lovely people that always reply back like a flash . You are a real gem .

Aly2013
Newly Registered

Post by Aly2013 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi allyf. Unfortunately I’m not really sure how to interpret the article but it sounds like the PSC system will be changing. I spoke to a solicitor today and as far as she is aware premium service appointments will still be available in Dec (although as anyone see any?!) with the main change being that those booking a PSC appointment would be required to submit an online application first.
Hopefully there will be some proper guidance from the UKVI next week.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by hunterex » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Aly2013 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:31 pm
Hi allyf. Unfortunately I’m not really sure how to interpret the article but it sounds like the PSC system will be changing. I spoke to a solicitor today and as far as she is aware premium service appointments will still be available in Dec (although as anyone see any?!) with the main change being that those booking a PSC appointment would be required to submit an online application first.
Hopefully there will be some proper guidance from the UKVI next week.
I have checked at 10am, 2pm and just now 6pm... I could not find any slot :'(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aly2013
Newly Registered

Post by Aly2013 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi CR001

That’s a really helpful document, and indeed clarifies things - thank you for sharing!