ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 Student Dependent Visa Query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asimkfarooq

Tier-4 Student Dependent Visa Query

Post by asimkfarooq » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Zimba/Moderators et All,

I have a question Tier-4 Student Dependent Visa.
My brother came to UK on Tier-4 Student Visa in September 2018 for Masters Degree.

His family applied for Tier-4 Student Dependent Visa and they received 1x month visa within which they have to come to UK and get their BRP from local post office. That is all fine.

The PROBLEM is: In their visa application my brother's wife and kids stated that they want to travel to UK on 3rd December 2018. They showed 3rd December 2018 air tickets and the home contract is also starting on that date in UK.
She also mentioned in her cover letter that she wants to travel on or after 3rd December 2018 due to her work commitments in Pakistan.

Now the WISE visa officers ignored all that and started their one month visa from 24 OCT 2018 which expires on 24 NOV 2018. So she have to travel before that which she cannot.

Can you please advise what to do? Can we contact UK Embassy in Pakistan to extend their 1 month visa for another 2 weeks? Is there a way to contact them and resolve this? Or should they have to apply again?

What's the way out? Please advise. Thanks

asimkfarooq

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-4 Student Dependent Visa Query

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:49 am

If it was an error by the entry clearance officer, they can contact the international enquiry service for help getting it corrected. See See https://www.gov.uk/find-a-visa-application-centre

Or they can apply for a new 30-day vignette. On the application page, they need to choose
  • Reason for Visit: Other
  • Visa Type: Others
  • Visa Sub Type: Vignette Transfer
See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

asimkfarooq

Post by asimkfarooq » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Sah10406,

Thank you for the reply and update. Much appreciated.

Regards

asimkfarooq

Post by asimkfarooq » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:31 am

Hi

This link gives you information but does not let you apply from there.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette

Do you know the link from where we can apply? Thanks

Regards