ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalization Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bbreddy

British Naturalization Queries

Post by bbreddy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi all,

This forum has been of immense help in getting my ILR last year. Now, I want to clarify the below points in view of my eligibility for BC in Nov, 2018. I would be grateful if you could let me know your views.

I got my ILR on 23 Nov 2017 (letter handed at PSC). But the issue date on the BRP is 24 Nov 2017.
Can I submit (and pay fees) my online application for BC on 23 Nov 2018? Wanted to clarify this so I can apply early asap in view of Christmas break.

I don't remember the exact dates at some of my previous addresses. Will it be any major issue if I specify the dates incorrectly (although will be reasonably close)?

While doing my university degree in 2009-10 I worked part-time at a couple of places. Do I need to mention them in the BC online application form (it asks for 10 years working history). Again, I don't remember the exact dates. Will this be any issue?

Due to work reasons I have set up my limited company earlier this year (and am one of the Directors of the limited company). After the work was ended I switched to a perm role. We are yet to submit the annual tax returns (which are due next year). What should I mention my role as in the company? Is there anything that I should take into account/be careful regarding this limited company director role etc.? Is there any additional documentation that I need to provide regarding the Ltd company and/or of my previous employments.

I am planning to get the references from a local hospital's doctor and a friend who is also a Ltd company director. Will this be good enough?

I have read about requesting correspondence etc. back from Home Office using a special delivery (this will definitely speed up the process, of course). Where do I request this? Do I need to take this pre-paid envelope at the time of NDRS appointment?

If my application is successful, can my wife (with ILR) apply for BC? She has been in the UK (continuously, with few short trips outside) since Jan 2016.

Our child is born outside of the UK and currently has ILR. If my wife's application is also successful, can we apply for Child's passport directly? or she will need to be registered using MN1? (just thinking if we can save the fees of registering MN1)

Many thanks for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Naturalization Queries

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 pm

I got my ILR on 23 Nov 2017 (letter handed at PSC). But the issue date on the BRP is 24 Nov 2017.
Can I submit (and pay fees) my online application for BC on 23 Nov 2018? Wanted to clarify this so I can apply early asap in view of Christmas break.
Date of grant is fine, however given that your BRP card is dated the next day, remember that for citizenship, you must have been physically present in the UK 5 years ago on the same date that you apply for BC.
I don't remember the exact dates at some of my previous addresses. Will it be any major issue if I specify the dates incorrectly (although will be reasonably close)?
Month and year should be fine.
While doing my university degree in 2009-10 I worked part-time at a couple of places. Do I need to mention them in the BC online application form (it asks for 10 years working history). Again, I don't remember the exact dates. Will this be any issue?
You are required to list ALL employment as accurately as possible. Get a history from HMRC if you are not sure.
Due to work reasons I have set up my limited company earlier this year (and am one of the Directors of the limited company). After the work was ended I switched to a perm role. We are yet to submit the annual tax returns (which are due next year). What should I mention my role as in the company? Is there anything that I should take into account/be careful regarding this limited company director role etc.? Is there any additional documentation that I need to provide regarding the Ltd company and/or of my previous employments.
There are no additional documents.
I am planning to get the references from a local hospital's doctor and a friend who is also a Ltd company director. Will this be good enough?
Presumably the doctor is the 'personal' referee and not the professional one (doctors were removed from the list by the way).
I have read about requesting correspondence etc. back from Home Office using a special delivery (this will definitely speed up the process, of course). Where do I request this? Do I need to take this pre-paid envelope at the time of NDRS appointment?
If you use NDRS you keep your originals, so not sure what documents you were expecting to ask back.
If my application is successful, can my wife (with ILR) apply for BC? She has been in the UK (continuously, with few short trips outside) since Jan 2016.
If she meets the spouse of BC 3 years requirements yes. Note you are only British once you attend your ceremony.
Our child is born outside of the UK and currently has ILR. If my wife's application is also successful, can we apply for Child's passport directly? or she will need to be registered using MN1? (just thinking if we can save the fees of registering MN1)
No, the child is not British yet and only a British citizen can apply for a British passport. Child will have to be registered as British when EITHER parent applies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bbreddy

Re: British Naturalization Queries

Post by bbreddy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Thank you very much CR001, as helpful as ever.

Yes I am physically present in the UK on 23 Nov 2013. So as per your message it should be fine?

Thank you, will match them. I didn't update HO after my recent address change, but is updated in the voters list. Is it ok?

Ok, will ask HMRC for 10 year history, but reading other forums it seems that they take about 6 weeks on an average to reply.

Is it ok if I add a "note" saying employment and address history dates may not be 100% accurate?

Re: the role as a 'Director', should I mention my job title as a 'Director' or as a 'staff' ?

Re: references, I am not aware that 'Doctors' are excluded from that list. Thank you again for highlighting that. Is it ok if I get 2 of my friends (both are Ltd company directors and also British Citizens now; One of them is also a 'General Secretary' of a UK registered charity) to sign that form?

Re: Documents by Special Delivery, I read in other forums that some people got their 'approval letters' in a special delivery envelope, which they seem to have included ? Not sure how & where to request this? I am just trying to minimise any potential delay because of the Christmas break (as I have some travel plans early next year)