ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on application and apointment timesframes for supporting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Flm marriage translations

Post by Justaskingyou » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Im a uk citizen. My husband is an egyptian national. We were married in egypt and had our marriage certificate translated by the middle east library for economic services from the list of translators provided by the british embassy in cairo. This was stamped with the middle east library stamp, has signiture and the contact details of the company and says we have translated the attached document ( marriage certificate).. this was accepted for our first visa.
Now looking at the FLR guides it states if applying in the uk it shpuld be certified with the crudentials and have a date!
Do we have to have the certificate translated again to meet the FLR requirements? If so where is the official place to translate to meet the immigratiion requirements?
Im a little confused as i considered the first translation acceptable as it was accepted last time.
Any advice grateful accepted.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Flm marriage translations

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:35 pm

No
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Post by Justaskingyou » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Thank you but could you explain your answer please.
My translation does not say certified or the date and the company is a translation library. Although accepted for entry this appears to be different from the flr with is more specific.
Am i misunderstanding or missing something?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Nothing more to add but no you don't need it translated again.

But if you want, go ahead translate it again theres many small businesses which provide this service.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 am

If the marriage certificate & translation was accepted previously then this time it would straightaway be accepted because no translation in world carries date of expiry/validity.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Post by Justaskingyou » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Thank you for your replies.
My confusion is for the following reason:
The original translation was carried out in egypt by the middle east library. Although it has the company stamp and a signiture it just says:
We the middle east library for economic services hereby acknowledge that we have translated the attached document. It doesnt have the date, translators name or state certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials which it states in section iv for applying for further leave to remain.

I dont wish to have it retranslated but dont want the application rejected either.

It states:
The translation must be dated and include:
(i) confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
(ii) the full name and original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company;
(iii) the translator or translation company’s contact details; and
(iv) if the applicant is applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials.

Sorry to keep on these things just are not clear.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:06 am

Just get it translated again in UK from an approved translating company.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:48 am

Justaskingyou wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Thank you for your replies.
My confusion is for the following reason:
The original translation was carried out in egypt by the middle east library. Although it has the company stamp and a signiture it just says:
We the middle east library for economic services hereby acknowledge that we have translated the attached document. It doesnt have the date, translators name or state certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials which it states in section iv for applying for further leave to remain.

I dont wish to have it retranslated but dont want the application rejected either.

It states:
The translation must be dated and include:
(i) confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
(ii) the full name and original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company;
(iii) the translator or translation company’s contact details; and
(iv) if the applicant is applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials.

Sorry to keep on these things just are not clear.
From current month the UKVI has been introducing new efficient way of dealing the application in partnership with soprasteria which also includes translation of non-English documents. See below:

https://www.soprasteria.com/docs/librar ... rvices.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Post by Justaskingyou » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Oh thats fantastic thank you so much. Logically if the certificate was accepted first time and a spouse visa issued you would expect it to be accepted for flr m. But the requirements change each stage and the translation requirements stipulate for flr.
So this is a great source of information. I will look into it. Thank you both for your advice. I guess its difficult when i can see what i have in front of me and you cant but still i value your advice. Thank you

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

FLR M Salary and Bank statemens exceed 28 days help

Post by Justaskingyou » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Im hoping someone can advice me on the best route:
I get paid on 23rd
My bank statement is due 18th
This is right around the 28 days and thats only is i download a statement as waiting for the postal one will exceed the time frame. Any suggestions please?
I know the home office are introducing the new online service to upload ypur documents, does this mean i can now use pdf bank statements?
Thanks for any advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M Salary and Bank statemens exceed 28 days help

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Simply pop into your nearest bank branch and request the remaining statement with your wages credit who will happily be able to do it instantly. If in worst case they don't do then change branch and try same.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Post by Justaskingyou » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Thank you thats great. I will go and speak to them ahead of the date and see if they can help.
Do you know if the new online service thats just come into effect for uploading your documents instead of producing originals at an appointment would include online bank statements? As i notice the new statement issued by the home office says originals or copies which differs from the original only statement previously.
Thank you for your advice.
Sorry i reposted my post by mistake.
Last edited by Justaskingyou on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M Salary and Bank statements exceed 28 days help

Post by Justaskingyou » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Justaskingyou wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm
Im hoping someone can advice me on the best route:
I get paid on 23rd
My bank statement is due 18th
This is right around the 28 days and thats only is i download a statement as waiting for the postal one will exceed the time frame. Any suggestions please?
I know the home office are introducing the new online service to upload ypur documents, does this mean i can now use pdf bank statements?
Thanks for any advice.
Sorry reposted by mistake and unable to find how to remove it.
My reply is above. Thanks for your time.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:13 am

Justaskingyou wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:13 pm
Thank you thats great. I will go and speak to them ahead of the date and see if they can help.
Do you know if the new online service thats just come into effect for uploading your documents instead of producing originals at an appointment would include online bank statements? As i notice the new statement issued by the home office says originals or copies which differs from the original only statement previously.
Thank you for your advice.
Sorry i reposted my post by mistake.
Nobody yet share its experience with new service. But i think until 29th November old method can still be followed.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Clarification on application and apointment timesframes for supporting documents

Post by Justaskingyou » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi im getting myself so confused on the flr m application process.
My husband received his entrance visa for 33 months beginning of august 2016 and arrived in the uk 15.8.16.
Based on his arrival 30 months would be 15.2.19 and 28 days before would be 18.1.19.

So am i correct in saying we can apply online from 18.1.19 at the point of submission the bank statements / payslips / employment letter should be within the previous 28 days?
At this point we can book a priority appointment which are released 45 days ahead?
So long as the documents are within the 28 days at the point of online submission it is irrelevant as to when the appointment is?
I know the new service will be in affect by then but thats a whole other minefield of questions but really appreciate all your help, advice and experience.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clarification on application and apointment timesframes for supporting documents

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Re: Clarification on application and apointment timesframes for supporting documents

Post by Justaskingyou » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm

Sorry didnt realise about posting as one topic. Duly noted, thank you.
Is anyone ableto confirm the 28 day for documents please. Is this from when submitted online or the appointment date?
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Justaskingyou wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm
Sorry didnt realise about posting as one topic. Duly noted, thank you.
Is anyone ableto confirm the 28 day for documents please. Is this from when submitted online or the appointment date?
Thank you
My understanding is that it is from online submission and payment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Dependents and Q.4.3

Post by Justaskingyou » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Thank you for all your help guys. Im still collating documents but am almost ready to submit everything.
Could someone help re dependants and question 4.3?
I would say this does not apply as my daughter is at university but then it asks 3 basic questions. Does you spouse have children that are not yours basically... which would be a lie to put no but if you say yes it them continues with all the dependent details...
My daughter has her own flat so is not dependant but is still my daughter, how do i answer this please,??
Thank you 🤗

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Post by Justaskingyou » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Anyone? Seagul? Cr001?

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Housing report?

Post by Justaskingyou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Do i need a housing report if i own the property and submit a copy of the deeds and a mortgage statement?
I have a survey report from 3 years ago when i ourchased the property.
Should i download a recent land registry for the property?
Please advise. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Housing report?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Justaskingyou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Do i need a housing report if i own the property and submit a copy of the deeds and a mortgage statement?
I have a survey report from 3 years ago when i ourchased the property.
Should i download a recent land registry for the property?
Please advise. Thank you
No you don't need a housing report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Post by Justaskingyou » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Thank you for your advice cr001. You have been a great source of advice.
Are you able to advice re my previous question about dependants?
Thanks again

Justaskingyou
Newly Registered

Help please completing online application form

Post by Justaskingyou » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Can someone please help me.
We are completing the online application form for flr-m ( although is jusr says family route online and no regerence to flr-m) but it differs slightly from the paper form.
It doesnt have a section dependents but says do either of you have children...
If you answer yes ( i have a 20 year old who has her own property) then is asks her status .. married, widowed etc suggesting this is irrelevant of their age or dependancy.
Is then asks for her fathers birth certificate / utility bill.!!
I have no contact with her father and being ste is 20 with her own property i dont see the relance.
If i say no to children i would not be telling the truth as on the entry clearance form i indicated i had 1 child and living with me.
Can anyone please help / advise me please as we are applying now.
Thank you for your advice

Lola1010
Turkey

Post by Lola1010 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi
Regarding your child from previous relantionship. I had the simular problem. I rang the Home Office help line and was informed by them and other members on here to write a covering letter stating you have no contact with the other parent and there is no communication between you both. Im still awaiting the outcome so good luck to you on your application.