ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Tier 2 - Letter from Previous Employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

ILR via Tier 2 - Letter from Previous Employer

Post by mralmssp » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:19 am

Hello Forum,

I've been gathering all the documents I need for my ILR and my previous employer doesn't want to give me a signed letter for work proof(I got this covered since I have all payslips p60s and p45) and absences(I'm under the 180days rule per 12months).

In his words. "I won't sign something unless they(THE HOME OFFICE) request directly to me".

Is there something I can do ?
Would this be an issue ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR via Tier 2 - Letter from Previous Employer

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:35 pm

They need to confirm the absences from the UK. If you had absence of less than 30 days per residence year then do not worry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:08 am

Thanks for the reply,
would suffice to write in the cover letter that the company denied to provide letter but if contact directly they'll provide the information ?

My absences does't go above 30 days per financial year during the period worked for that company.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm

The requirement is that you need to provide a letter. Again, the metric here is that if you didn't have more than 30 days of absences per residence year you should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:39 am

Just to clarify.

I should be alright not providing as I wasn't above 30 days.

But do I have any other option to the fact that the company told me they won't provide a letter, unless requested directly from the Home Office ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:24 pm

No. UKVI will not ask for a letter from your previous employer

mralmssp
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mralmssp » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Thank you very much for the information.