ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chiefengineer
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: Unsuccessful applications

Post by chiefengineer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 pm

[quote=mplusf post_id=1685530 time=1537963047 user_id=203148]
Hello,

My naturalization application got refused on the grounds that i wasn't present on the day of application 5 years before.

I had the same story. I was rejected although I was present in the UK. Reconsideration took 4 months and I was rejected again. As I understand the people in home office are without education and law knowledge they just follow the simple instruction and in most cases we have better knowledge of the law then they have.
Better to submit a new application. It is a lotto how they consider it. You can have all the evidence and still could be rejected.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 pm

mplusf wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am
Hello,

My naturalization application got refused on the grounds that i wasn't present on the day of application 5 years before.
I applied with Leeds NCS on 22 Feb 2018. So per my understanding I should have been present on 22 feb 2013 which I was {This is following the examples given in the application documentation}. And I flied on 23 Feb at around 9 PM.
I discussed this with the person in contact in Leeds NCS during the day of my application and he said the dates are fine. This should not be an issue.

The refusal mail I have received from immigration has following statement - "As the application was received on 22/02/2018, you would have had to be in the united Kingdom on 23/02/2013"

My queries are as follows -

1) I would like to get the general understanding that how long does it have taken for any of you to get the result back on your reconsideration applications ?
2) is it worth considering applying using new application{since its already more than 4 months of my reconsideration application} than waiting for the result, as no timeline could mean an year or more also :(

Thanks in advance!
Oh man, this is why I scoff when people here advise to use NCS. That's your local council, they can't empty your bins on time and you trust them with your naturalisation?

I don't understand why you cut it so fine, it's a shame that it came down to 22 Feb vs 23 Feb. Why put yourself in that situation? And take a local council worker's word for it?

There is no SLA, no regulation, nothing on reconsideration applications. I don't think anyone can help you.

Rosh2018
Newly Registered

Post by Rosh2018 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:51 am

Hi Mr, Zamba, i there any updateds on your application? please let me know, thanks
Zamba wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 am
IcikePicike wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:00 pm
Zamba wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:10 pm
I applied for British naturalisation in 2017 and the home office refused my application on the basis of good character requirements. On question 3.10, the application form asked "Have you ever been involved in, supported or encouraged terrorist activities in any country?" and I ticked no as I previously applied for travel documents and BRP card and the same question was asked which I ticked No on, My refusal letter stated as i was granted asylum on the basis of being suspected as being involved in terrorist activities, I was required to tick yes on question 3.10 which I failed to do. I applied for reconsideration stating that if the question stated suspected I would've ticked yes but because it didn't mention the word suspected I didn't tick yes as I was never involved in, supported or encouraged terrorist activities but I was just suspected,it was simply a misunderstanding as i am not a proper english speaker either, a organisation helped me to even fill in the form as I couldn't fill the form my self. Regardless, my reconsideration application also got refused. The letter also states that if I still wish to become a British citizen a fresh application will need to be made but they have advised me to take into account the 10 year re-application advisory, does this mean that if I make a new application and ticking yes on the question 3.10 and attaching an apology letter with my application it will give me a chance to obtain British naturalisation.I was wondering is there any chances for me to gain British naturalisation after my reconsideration was refused as it was genuinely a honest mistake, I did not deliberately deceive the home office. Is there a possibility for a judicial review. What would you guys advise me to do. My children were granted british citizenship, they refused mine and my wife's.
Did you make any reference to what you had been suspected of in your cover letter at all?
Why was your wife refused?
Yes, I did mention it in the cover letter when the reconsideration was sent aand home office knows about it as well, my wife was refused for the same reason but she was never suspected of anything at all

aesi
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by aesi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 pm

burtsbee wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:15 pm
Does anybody know or heard of someone that had actually been unsuccessful in their citizenship application?
Hi my application was refused due to the time it took to provide documents requested. I had sent the home office required doc and it was recieved by them on the same date their refusal letter was sent. So having some hope I sent them a letter special delivery pleading with them to reconsider. This was in August. I still havent heard from them and have since written another letter and still waiting. Do I still have time to do the reconsideration application? Or do i just do a new application all over again ?

chiefengineer
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by chiefengineer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 pm

It is unbelievable. Suddenly I got a letter that I am granted British citizenship. I don't have any explanation to that. And also they don't inform me if my reconsideration form that was rejected will be reimbursed. Good luck to all.

Noneeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by Noneeapr2017 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:55 am

mplusf wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am
Hello,

I applied with Leeds NCS on 22 Feb 2018. So per my understanding I should have been present on 22 feb 2013 which I was {This is following the examples given in the application documentation}. And I flied on 23 Feb at around 9 PM.
I discussed this with the person in contact in Leeds NCS during the day of my application and he said the dates are fine. This should not be an issue.

The refusal mail I have received from immigration has following statement - "As the application was received on 22/02/2018, you would have had to be in the united Kingdom on 23/02/2013"

So I sent my reconsideration form stating my reasons - pointing to the examples given in the form AN documentation and also attached my flight ticket on the date of travel which is 23 Feb 2013.
The fees has been deducted on 5th may 2018
I received a communication from immigration that due to high volumes there is no timeline on when my reconsideration application can be processed.
As per the rules there is timeline for main application of 6 months but no timeline for reconsideration.

I tried calling the helpline a few times to get any traction on my application status, but I received the same answer "there is no timeline"

My queries are as follows -

1) I would like to get the general understanding that how long does it have taken for any of you to get the result back on your reconsideration applications ?
2) is it worth considering applying using new application{since its already more than 4 months of my reconsideration application} than waiting for the result, as no timeline could mean an year or more also :(

Thanks in advance!
How long u been away in 2013 for

Salasala
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by Salasala » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:42 pm

chiefengineer wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 pm
It is unbelievable. Suddenly I got a letter that I am granted British citizenship. I don't have any explanation to that. And also they don't inform me if my reconsideration form that was rejected will be reimbursed. Good luck to all.
Have you made a fresh application or was the outcome from reconsideration ?

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm

chiefengineer wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 pm
I have been following your tussle with the HO on the matter.. Did you endup making a fresh application before this letter arrived ?

Cos I noticed they rejected your reconsideration application too.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 pm

hello everyone,
I am in bit of mess and a friend recommend me this forum is very helpful and i will surely find guidance.

I am non EU national (Indian) previously married to EU (Bulgarian national) divorced and got my PR on the basis of ROR. Me and my ex are not on good terms since last few years, She involved the police once and left the home also went to court and alleged me with so called domestic violence and obtained a court order against me I went to the court challenged it but Judge said no need to go in details when you going apart. Promise us you will not harm her and we will cancel everything and nothing will be recorded against you so I gave undertaking and walk away.
Now after 2 years of that i thought to settle things down and applied for nationality in october and guess what received refusal 3 days ago not only that they gave me 10 years ban as they dont like my character. They have consider/taken that court order as a conviction which is definitely not and i dont have any criminal record they saying you failed to disclose the conviction. I even asked a solicitor before i filled the forms and he said its not a criminal conviction so therefor you need to disclose it.

after spending almost £1700 of fees what a disappointment.

What should i do? your help is much appreciated.

Thank you ll

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 pm
hello everyone,
I am in bit of mess and a friend recommend me this forum is very helpful and i will surely find guidance.

I am non EU national (Indian) previously married to EU (Bulgarian national) divorced and got my PR on the basis of ROR. Me and my ex are not on good terms since last few years, She involved the police once and left the home also went to court and alleged me with so called domestic violence and obtained a court order against me I went to the court challenged it but Judge said no need to go in details when you going apart. Promise us you will not harm her and we will cancel everything and nothing will be recorded against you so I gave undertaking and walk away.
Now after 2 years of that i thought to settle things down and applied for nationality in october and guess what received refusal 3 days ago not only that they gave me 10 years ban as they dont like my character. They have consider/taken that court order as a conviction which is definitely not and i dont have any criminal record they saying you failed to disclose the conviction. I even asked a solicitor before i filled the forms and he said its not a criminal conviction so therefor you need to disclose it.

Thank you ll
You disclosed the court order or not? My understanding is that all court orders need to be disclosed, criminal or civil.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 pm

no i did not disclosed it, But the order was only ex parte and was cancelled when i attend the court on first hearing.
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm
SuperDupper wrote:
hello everyone,

Thank you ll
You disclosed the court order or not? My understanding is that all court orders need to be disclosed, criminal or civil.
No I did not disclosed it cuz I thought as the order is only ex parte and was given without my representation and was cancelled when i attended the court first time
But home office was aware since when i applied for PR.
I never knew and a solicitor also advised no need to disclosed. Please advise what options have I got now?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:29 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 pm
no i did not disclosed it, But the order was only ex parte and was cancelled when i attend the court on first hearing.
alterhase58 wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
hello everyone,

Thank you ll
No I did not disclosed it cuz I thought as the order is only ex parte and was given without my representation and was cancelled when i attended the court first time
But home office was aware since when i applied for PR.
I never knew and a solicitor also advised no need to disclosed. Please advise what options have I got now?
Basically, they are saying you didn't disclose it and that goes against "good character" - witholding facts.
Do you have any documentation from the court which actually states that the order was cancelled, or can obatin it? If you have something like that you could perhaps follow up with UKVI, submit documents and explain why you didn't disclose. They might accept that they are in error. But I'm not an expert in this area. Reconsideration is available, but that basically looks at whether they have applied the law correctly.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 am

"But home office was aware since when i applied for PRC"

This you say home office are aware of your court issue in the past? So if they are aware before in your previous application, and you didn't declare it again in your citizenship application, I think they see that as holding informations, and goes on good character part.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:08 am

smallpie wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 am

This you say home office are aware of your court issue in the past? So if they are aware before in your previous application, and you didn't declare it again in your citizenship application, I think they see that as holding informations, and goes on good character part.

May be this is the case, i wasnt aware so my fault, whats the way move forward? What are the chances in reconsideration as it is to spend £372 on the same application or shall i go through a solicitor with new application??

pola 23
Poland

Post by pola 23 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:46 am

bilalburri wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:34 am
We made joint naturalisation application including me,my wife and two children based on 5years plus one on ILR.All are granted naturalisation except my wife based on good character requirement due to following.

"Basically we move house back in 2015 and did not update address on car registration paper that was on my wife name although we updated our driving licence thinking that's the only thing we need to do.In early 2017 at one point we forget to pay road tax well on time and so vehicle was clamped but was release within few hours after we pay every thing.later on DVLA send some 80 pounds fine for delay in paying tax but that letter were keep going on our previous address.because of non response DVLA refer the case to court.we had no idea about this until we receive a letter from MARSTON group that a court order(warrant of control) has been issued against my wife to pay 688 pounds fine to pay for "possession of vehicle without licence"--we were absolutely shocked.any how pay the whole fine."

We mention all above in our application for naturalisation with explaination that we were unaware about this fine until were found out by MARSTON but Home office wrote that is not enough ground to be accepted and that becomes the bases for my wife refusal.Do you think we have any legal chance to first make an appeal in court against the original fine and secondly to ask for reconsideration?

Hi..can you pls update us with your reconsideration decision ?i have a same story like you bcoz I moved to different address and got 2 CCJ on my name as I was failed to pay the parking fines.i did declare both of my CCJ in application form and is been 2 months and no reply from HO..
Thanks in advance for your reply..

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:11 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:08 am
smallpie wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 am

May be this is the case, i wasnt aware so my fault, whats the way move forward? What are the chances in reconsideration as it is to spend £372 on the same application or shall i go through a solicitor with new application??
Can anyone help please?
Need moderators and / or experts opinion please

Meltibz41
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Meltibz41 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Help needed. I was rejected in September due to “immigration breach” which occurred as a result of reapplying in 2013 July for next set of DL using wrong form after advise from HO customer rep. In response HO sent the form back, along with all my documents to my old address, even though the wrong form applied on showed my new address for correspondence. It is only after receiving mail in October for overstaying that I contact HO who tell me they sent my documents back in September 2013 to my old address.

It took me 4 months to get my documents back from the new tenants at my old address then reapplied using correct form and got extension in 04/2014. Granted IL in 07/2016 hence applied for naturalisation when I had raised enough money. I have more than 10 years residence and good character, Now the September 2018 refusal states that my qualifying period will be from 04/2019. I am £1300 out of pocket and not naturalised. So can I get away with reconsideration application and explaining the correspondence issue of sending to old address, in the hope that since I will be now within qualifying period HO consider granting Naturalisation. Also besides the form for consideration, do I send my initial naturalisation documents as well I.e passport etc with. Thanks.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:07 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
hello everyone,

Thank you ll
Hi alterhase58,

are you sure one need to disclose court proceeding whether convicted or no....?

also first time i read about civil court. that too.

we were dragged into Civil court proceeding by local authority for shake our child. Of course we never harmed our child and they had to drop the case based on Doctors reports, and this went on for 13 months. Child is 100% normal and doing very well in school.

so you reckon we should disclose this information as well? and where do you put this information on form.

there more i do research and read people stories, it makes me think blimey CAN OF WORMS LOL

thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:37 am

alsanober wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:07 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
hello everyone,

Thank you ll
Hi alterhase58,

we were dragged into Civil court proceeding by local authority for shake our child. Of course we never harmed our child and they had to drop the case based on Doctors reports, and this went on for 13 months. Child is 100% normal and doing very well in school.

so you reckon we should disclose this information as well? and where do you put this information on form.

there more i do research and read people stories, it makes me think blimey CAN OF WORMS LOL

thank you
It's "court orders" they are asking for as far as I know, i.e. when court finds you liable / guilty.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:37 am
alsanober wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
hello everyone,

Thank you ll
Hi alterhase58,

thank you
It's "court orders" they are asking for as far as I know, i.e. when court finds you liable / guilty.
yes that makes sense.

Cheers

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
alsanober wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
SuperDupper wrote:
hello everyone,

Thank you ll
Hi alterhase58,

thank you
OK

WHAT DO YOU THINK IN MY CASE? I HAVE NOT CONVICTED AND IT WAS JUST A RESTRICTION ORDER WHICH WAS DISCHARGED AND NOTHING WRONG HAS BEEN PROVEN AGAINST ME?? I HAVE NOW SENT A RECONSIDERATION APPLICATION EXPLAINING THE SAME AND A LETTER FROM MY SOLICITOR SAYING I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED....

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:40 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:08 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
alsanober wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

Hi alterhase58,

thank you
OK

WHAT DO YOU THINK IN MY CASE? I HAVE NOT CONVICTED AND IT WAS JUST A RESTRICTION ORDER WHICH WAS DISCHARGED AND NOTHING WRONG HAS BEEN PROVEN AGAINST ME?? I HAVE NOW SENT A RECONSIDERATION APPLICATION EXPLAINING THE SAME AND A LETTER FROM MY SOLICITOR SAYING I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED....
i suppose you will have to wait and see what happens. (Good luck by the way)

the fact that you didn't disclose it in your application they didn't like it. Have they mentioned anything in refusal letter that you can't apply for x number of years?

SuperDupper
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by SuperDupper » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Yes they have
10 years

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:12 pm

SuperDupper wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm
Yes they have
10 years
:( all the best mate with reconsideration

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by rpaw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:35 pm

I have been following this forum for a while now,
I was hoping to have my first post in the Timeline thread, however, just today I received the disappointing refusal letter from the HO, and I would like to get a second thought on it please

My case is similar to:
Ana1986 wrote: Hi! Can someone help me? I m eu citizen, came to uk in 2008 for work. I was registered in wrs in May 2008. In Dec 2015 I received my pr card so I instantly applied for my citizenship as I have been excercing the treaty rights in uk some 2008. No break, no job changes etc. My an application was checked by nas and everything was OK. In Feb 2016 I received the letter from home office that my card was issued on 16.12.2015 I'm not eligible to apply for citizenship before 15.12.2016.
End of July I applied for reconsideration of my an application from Feb 2016. Isn't not too late for it? Any time limits when I can apply for the reconsideration? Otherwise my money gone :| please someone knows the rules?

I am EU citizen, came to uk in 2006 . I was registered in wrs in May 2006. Last year applied for PR and recived pr card Sept 2018. applied for naturalisation Nov 2018 with new system, providing 6 years P60s employment letter and WRS with No break, etc.
My refusal ground 12 months requi not meet.

My understanding was if u proof 6yrs in total
u able to apply straight away.
Thinking about reconsideration but not sure is doc provided (WRS from 2006, P60s 6yrs back and employment letter since 2011) be a good ground to chalange HO.