ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankruptcy affects on ILR BRP renewal ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

svatuk

Bankruptcy affects on ILR BRP renewal ?

Post by svatuk » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:26 pm

Hello Everyone

I'm on ILR now. My business is running into losses, possibly go for bankruptcy/liquidation. I am just wondering will this affects my immigration status now or in the future? when I due to apply for the ILR BRP renewal.
Thanks in advance.

svatuk

zimba
Mood:

Re: Bankruptcy affects on ILR BRP renewal ?

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 pm

It has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:17 pm

If you plan to apply for British citizenship at some point though, it will affect that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:57 pm

In relation to naturalisation, if a business goes bankrupt and it’s a ltd company there is normally no adverse impact to the director/s (you may have problems if you have an overdrawn director’s loan or have provided a personal guarantee).

Therefore assuming it’s a ltd company, I believe in the application form you would tick no to Q 3.14
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

svatuk

Post by svatuk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 pm
It has no effect

Many thanks for your reply.

svatuk

Post by svatuk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:17 pm
If you plan to apply for British citizenship at some point though, it will affect that.
Many thanks for your reply, now at present, I do not have any intention to apply for the BC.

svatuk

Post by svatuk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:57 pm
In relation to naturalisation, if a business goes bankrupt and it’s a ltd company there is normally no adverse impact to the director/s (you may have problems if you have an overdrawn director’s loan or have provided a personal guarantee).

Therefore assuming it’s a ltd company, I believe in the application form you would tick no to Q 3.14
Many thanks for your reply. No directors loan has been withdrawn (in fact my savings been paid to the company as a loan), but I am acting as a personal guarantee for almost half of the debt. What if I agree with them (companies whom I've signed as a personal guarantee) to pay by monthly affordable installments?
Will this still cause adverse impact?

Thanks