ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michali
Member of Standing

Re: Premium Service appointment booking issue for ILR (LR)

Post by michali » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Thanks CR001! Now we are getting some idea on how this will work!

jagjitshukla
Newly Registered
India

Post by jagjitshukla » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 pm

hello guys i am trying to book premium service appointment since last two days and have tried all possible times but could not find any appointment. Has anyone found any appointment at Sheffield?
Also regarding this new service for visa application, what will happen to the IHS fees I have already paid by making an account at ihs website. Will the ihs payment procedure remain the same with this new system.

Aamx040
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Aamx040 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Thank you CR001 for the info. After reading the document, I am so gutted that FLR(M) is excluded from the new application system until early next year.

I have been trying to make a PSC booking for a week before my 1st spouse visa expired in end of Nov. However, just 10mins ago, I miraculously found a booking in Liverpool.

Keep trying guys if your visa category is also not on the new list.

neilajgaonkar
Newly Registered

Post by neilajgaonkar » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:01 am

Thank you CR001 for this post. But still this does not answer the question regarding decision times? So same day decisions will not exist? So quickest route will be super priority i.e 10 days?

Aamx040
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Aamx040 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:14 am

No fastest route will be next working day decision as the document suggests

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:13 am

Thank You CR001 … This document is fantastic! Probably the best news I’ve received in the last two weeks! Is it possible for someone to clarify please... is it still 28 days before that you can START the online application?…. Or can someone start the online application process now ahead of time as long as the premium service appointment is booked within the 28 days of visa expiry?
For those of you who are wondering whether there’s next day service take a look at the example and you’ll see there is something called super premium service ! Great news overall!

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Is this facility also available for Tier1 E settlement/ILR application as well?

Regards,

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Aly2013 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:31 pm
Hi allyf. Unfortunately I’m not really sure how to interpret the article but it sounds like the PSC system will be changing. I spoke to a solicitor today and as far as she is aware premium service appointments will still be available in Dec (although as anyone see any?!) with the main change being that those booking a PSC appointment would be required to submit an online application first.
Hopefully there will be some proper guidance from the UKVI next week.
Hi Aly2013,
I spoke to an immigration lawyer too and they seem to think they could secure a date with PSC in December..”no problem at all” he said. Didn’t understand how , when they work off same system as us! Oh and he was charging £1000🙄 anyway, I am quite content with the new online system starting nov 5. There appears to be options for super premium at service points (no longer PSC). I just pray it’s up and working efficiently by the time I need to apply in December!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:27 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Regards,
Hi ishfaqsangra
There is a list at the bottom of the document which should advise you accordingly

jagjitshukla
Newly Registered
India

Post by jagjitshukla » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello, is it confirmed that this new system of visa application will not be applicable to FLR(M) category? Also if true will the PSC continue to allow booking for FLR(M) as usual? So should I keep trying for the PSC appoitment booking? I have not found any yet...

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:09 pm

allyf wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:27 pm
ishfaqsangra wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Regards,
Hi ishfaqsangra
There is a list at the bottom of the document which should advise you accordingly
Tier 1 E is /settlement is there, but the Beta service for online application still excludes it?

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:31 pm

allyf wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:25 pm
Aly2013 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:31 pm
Hi allyf. Unfortunately I’m not really sure how to interpret the article but it sounds like the PSC system will be changing. I spoke to a solicitor today and as far as she is aware premium service appointments will still be available in Dec (although as anyone see any?!) with the main change being that those booking a PSC appointment would be required to submit an online application first.
Hopefully there will be some proper guidance from the UKVI next week.
Hi Aly2013,
I spoke to an immigration lawyer too and they seem to think they could secure a date with PSC in December..”no problem at all” he said. Didn’t understand how , when they work off same system as us! Oh and he was charging £1000🙄 anyway, I am quite content with the new online system starting nov 5. There appears to be options for super premium at service points (no longer PSC). I just pray it’s up and working efficiently by the time I need to apply in December!
As pre published instructions "During the period of 5th November – 29th November, the majority of customers can choose whether
to enrol their biometrics and submit their documents via these new centres or use the existing
processes via Premium Service Centres.
29th November: Premium Service Centres will close"

boopity
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by boopity » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi there,

I am getting increasingly anxious about the whole process of my FLR(M) visa. My visa expires December 14th and I (stupidly) booked to return back to the states on the 21st of December for Christmas. My plan was to use pay for the premium service.

I've been trying for a 1.5 weeks to book with no avail (i've not seen a single appointment).

I know that the new system is coming on board but I'm excluded because of my FLR(M) visa.

What am I supposed to do?! I can't submit and then do my appointment after my visa expires because of potential traveling

Sorry, just freaking out.... I will keep trying for a spot...

kenvac
Newly Registered

Post by kenvac » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:13 am

allyf wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:23 am
kenvac wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:12 am
I have been struggling in getting any appointments for ILR past 10 days.
So far I tried late evenings, early morning, afternoons midnight's you name it.

Any advice please?

I am thinking of creating a program which emails user as soon as anything gets available to book.
The appointments have been coming up all of last week… But it was for the end of November. Now I’m seeing appointments come up for last-minute ones Ie for this week or next week appointments… But you literally have to be checking every minute as they are sporadically released. What date are you needing? And is there a way of creating a program that notifies you when appointments become available? That would be ideal
Thanks for the reply allyf.
I am literally looking for any earliest available date. It is possible to create a script (computer program) which can check if there is any appointment available (can't tell which dates are available though - need inside code of gov.uk do it) and then send an email.

I haven't got time to finish my script though. But if the situation continues I will give up a night sleep and will finish the script :)

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:40 am

boopity wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:40 pm
Hi there,

I am getting increasingly anxious about the whole process of my FLR(M) visa. My visa expires December 14th and I (stupidly) booked to return back to the states on the 21st of December for Christmas. My plan was to use pay for the premium service.

I've been trying for a 1.5 weeks to book with no avail (i've not seen a single appointment).

I know that the new system is coming on board but I'm excluded because of my FLR(M) visa.

What am I supposed to do?! I can't submit and then do my appointment after my visa expires because of potential traveling

Hi boopity,
It’s unfortunate that they will not accept applications online for FLR M. The only advice I can offer is keep checking the PSE booking online as they are releasing days till the end of November… But they appear to be cancellation only so you may have to jump on it quickly.
Best of luck

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Can we apply for ILR (SET (o)) application using this new system? As I am on the same boot as everyone and can't find an appointment for Premium service for last 2 weeks

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 pm

boopity wrote:
Hi there,

I am in the same boat. This new circular has dashed my hopes now.

My spouse visa expires on 31st Dec. I have booked a holiday starting 18th Dec. All along I was misguided by the GOV.uk website stating I cannot apply for FLR(M) prior to 28 days of visa expiry. 2 weeks ago I left so many of Nov dates because of this. Last week I called UKVI and they said since my first visa was for 29 months, I can apply immediately after I complete 26 months. The extension will be for 30 months and will take me through to ILR eligibility. It's such a bummer now that FLR(M) is not included in the new system and I have apply by post.

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm

As I understand it, all settlement visa applications from within the UK are included in the new system. It is just not spelt out as FLR(M) or ILR.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:48 pm

michali wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:37 pm
As I understand it, all settlement visa applications from within the UK are included in the new system. It is just not spelt out as FLR(M) or ILR.
Yes but FLR(M) is not settlement, it is an extension of the family visa from within UK. Which is another piece of confusion. Because the document talks about the "visa for joining family members in the UK" not being in the new system before Jan. But it doesn't talk about extension of family visa "Further Leave to Remain" from within UK. These 2 are treated as separate categories by UKVI.

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:40 am
boopity wrote:
Hi there,

Hi boopity,
It’s unfortunate that they will not accept applications online for FLR M. The only advice I can offer is keep checking the PSE booking online as they are releasing days till the end of November… But they appear to be cancellation only so you may have to jump on it quickly.
Best of luck
I spoke to an immigration lawyer in London. They suggested the super premium service. It can be used by upto 4 unrelated people, sharing the costs. The service is practically on demand and they come out to the customers premises (house, office). For people in a fix like me for FLR(M) that could be an option if there are 3 others wanting to join in.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm

aka007 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 pm
allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:40 am
boopity wrote:
Hi there,

Hi boopity,
Best of luck
I spoke to an immigration lawyer in London. They suggested the super premium service. It can be used by upto 4 unrelated people, sharing the costs. The service is practically on demand and they come out to the customers premises (house, office). For people in a fix like me for FLR(M) that could be an option if there are 3 others wanting to join in.
How much do they charge?

bahareh12
Newly Registered

Post by bahareh12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:29 pm

I live in Glasgow and looking to join 3 people to apply for super premium service in order to bring the cost down. I need to apply for ILR after 5 years spouse visa...

aka007
Australia

Post by aka007 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm

allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm
aka007 wrote:

How much do they charge?
They haven't told me yet said they will call back after confirming they have 4 such requests. But they said if I don't need application prep assistance then there will be an arrangement fee. For Application Prep they will charge their standard fee. I didn't ask as I have already filled my application online.

On a positive note I just called UKVI and inquired about FLR(M) in the new application system. The lady asked me where had I heard about the new system. I said it was in gov.uk news sometime ago (couldn't really quote the link in this thread as it was third party). After putting me on hold the customer service rep came back saying she had spoken to her colleagues, and they were being debriefed about the new system this week. So asked me to call back Friday or next Monday. But she did say that "In general all visa categories which can be applied online now will also be included in the new system starting in Nov".

So fingers crossed FLR(M) is included and only " Visa to join family members in the UK as a dependant" are excluded!

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:08 pm

aka007 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm
allyf wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm
aka007 wrote:

How much do they charge?
They haven't told me yet said they will call back after confirming they have 4 such requests. But they said if I don't need application prep assistance then there will be an arrangement fee. For Application Prep they will charge their standard fee. I didn't ask as I have already filled my application online.

On a positive note I just called UKVI and inquired about FLR(M) in the new application system. The lady asked me where had I heard about the new system. I said it was in gov.uk news sometime ago (couldn't really quote the link in this thread as it was third party). After putting me on hold the customer service rep came back saying she had spoken to her colleagues, and they were being debriefed about the new system this week. So asked me to call back Friday or next Monday. But she did say that "In general all visa categories which can be applied online now will also be included in the new system starting in Nov".

So fingers crossed FLR(M) is included and only " Visa to join family members in the UK as a dependant" are excluded!
Great news!!!

Rostine
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Rostine » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:35 pm

broody wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:54 pm
I have been trying to book appointments for the last 3 daysand night but nothing seems to work. at 12am as soon as i see any slot and try to book it it says answer the relevant question and then back to no slots available :? :cry: What should i do? has anyone got any information as to how long it will go on like this and if this technical issue is being dealt with by the HO?
Hello please how did you solve this problem because I’m facing the same thing.